Going it alone?

ukulelly

Hey guys!

I only found out about Hallowhedon about 24 hours ago and I am determined to make it this year. My question is, does everyone tend to stay with the groups they arrive with? I'm unsure whether I could get anyone to come with me and I desperately want to be there, but only if I can make friends there and not be by myself the whole time :)

Elly

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I wasn't at the first Hallowhedon, but I've been to several other cons, and have always ended up chatting to everyone and their mother. Despite being with my sister and other friends.

You won't stay alone for long!

Hey guys!

I only found out about Hallowhedon about 24 hours ago and I am determined to make it this year. My question is, does everyone tend to stay with the groups they arrive with? I'm unsure whether I could get anyone to come with me and I desperately want to be there, but only if I can make friends there and not be by myself the whole time :)

Elly

I can't say for Hallowhedon as to my example, but i went to a Boston convention by myself not knowing a soul and met some really great people who i'm still in contact with. You'll meet tons of people. Chat w/ the people ur in line with for autos or photos or sit w/ at talks. u bond quickly :) and besides were all crazy joss fans were generally pretty friendly :)

WELCOME!

I have made so many new friends at these events. Everyone is always willing to talk with each other. Am sure you will be fine. Plus its easy to talk about stuff as everyones there for Joss shows anyways.

You will most likey find that if you hang around this fourm topic you will get chatting to people and know a few befor the event itself and some people normally arrange to meet for drink on the first night.

Get yourself to this event and you have an great time. :D

Andrew :chair:

Thanks everyone :) think I'm going to book a ticket anyway and if any of my friends want to come with me they can, if not then not! A twin room is only like £2 more expensive than a single.

So excited for this, my first con!

Thanks everyone :) think I'm going to book a ticket anyway and if any of my friends want to come with me they can, if not then not! A twin room is only like £2 more expensive than a single.

So excited for this, my first con!

Good to hear :chair: You will really enjoy youself

Hey Elly!

Welcome to the forum and to Hallowhedonworld!

Dont worry about coming alone, everyone is really nice and friendly! I went with my friend last year, but I ended up hanging out with people I met during the event even more then her!

It's a really great atmosphere and you wont be short of people to talk to!

Plus, if you chat on the forum then you'll know all of us by then :chair:

So onces again, WELCOME!!!

Hey Elly!

Welcome to the forum and to Hallowhedonworld!

Dont worry about coming alone, everyone is really nice and friendly! I went with my friend last year, but I ended up hanging out with people I met during the event even more then her!

It's a really great atmosphere and you wont be short of people to talk to!

Plus, if you chat on the forum then you'll know all of us by then :unsure:

So onces again, WELCOME!!!

Yep.. that's true! :D

Okay, I'm definitely convinced now, plus I'm a bit of a forum junkie, I'm already checking this before facebook in the mornings :unsure:

Has anyone else gone with a gold ticket before? Is it worth the extra money? I don't want to half-ass this so I'm getting the gold if it's a better experience - the Friday night thing with the guests looks really good, I've already nosied at all the pictures on the facebook group :)

they noo longer do the group shot for the gold ticket.. so your paying the extra for the drink reception and better seat, which if is your sorta thing then tis worth the money, personaly i stick with silver!

oh and dont worry about been alone, you wont be that way for long, we did a meet up at hallowhedon 1 and plan o doing it again at this one, so if u wanna come along to that your more then welcome, can garentee you will meet some people there if not, you'll deffently meet people at the partys :)

I've never been to a con before but I know Buffy fans are very friendly so I'm sure you won't have any trouble making friends. :) Just shout "Spuffy is true love" in the middle of a crowd and everyone will love you!

I've never been to a con before but I know Buffy fans are very friendly so I'm sure you won't have any trouble making friends. :) Just shout "Spuffy is true love" in the middle of a crowd and everyone will love you!

lol pretty much, but there are also weirdos who like Bangel there too lol. Personally i'm a spuffy forever kinda girl but everyone's allowed their own opinions no matter how wrong they are :-P

you should come no matter what! this convention is the best :)!!!!

I'm SO tempted to go to this, I was a B/A fanatic, not sure if I have money but if i do, i will be going alone =[

you shoudl deffently come, like i said earlier, your more then welcome to the meet up, more the merrier and its great to meet people :blush:

if yu shout that id probubly run over and kiss you LOL :blush:

My friends and i were in seperate groups last year so a good chunk of the time i was solo for the con but i still had a ball.

I'm not so good at approaching people and striking up a conversation (very shy) but still managed to get chatting to some lovely random people and found being solo for the event didn't stop me having a blast.

If you find someone who is in your ticket group just say to them your on your own and i am sure 99% of them will welcome you into their posse lol

I'm very bad at the whole talkie thing - any chance of me wearing a sign that says "friendly Buffy fan - does not talk, but is adequate at miming"..?

Am basically chuffed to bits about this con (my first!!) but people en masse really scare me! And I'm terribly shy, so the thought of walking up to someone and start chatting fills me with the same joy as an upcoming root canal work. (Never know what to say - and I can't even fall back on the Spuffy trick since I'm a B/G shipper... :WINCE: )

This thread makes it sound like I might have fun throughout the whole thingy though, not only when I - wide eyed and tongue tied - am going to get a photo op with sigh Anthony Head. So. Even more excited now!! :YAHOO:

I'm very bad at the whole talkie thing - any chance of me wearing a sign that says "friendly Buffy fan - does not talk, but is adequate at miming"..?

Am basically chuffed to bits about this con (my first!!) but people en masse really scare me! And I'm terribly shy, so the thought of walking up to someone and start chatting fills me with the same joy as an upcoming root canal work. (Never know what to say - and I can't even fall back on the Spuffy trick since I'm a B/G shipper... :thumbup: )

This thread makes it sound like I might have fun throughout the whole thingy though, not only when I - wide eyed and tongue tied - am going to get a photo op with sigh Anthony Head. So. Even more excited now!! :D

If you come to the pub meet up (im well pimping that otu arent i? ) i tended to just ask people if they were with hallowhedon.. that way they didnt have thw awkwadness of asking the masses.. so just walk down the road and im pretty sure i'll be like "HEY YOU WITH HALLOWHEDON" all you'll have to do is nod and then everyone will welcome you! lol

I'm terribly shy, so the thought of walking up to someone and start chatting fills me with the same joy as an upcoming root canal work. (Never know what to say - and I can't even fall back on the Spuffy trick since I'm a B/G shipper... :YAHOO: )

i know how you feel. most of the time i am the same way. Hallowhedon was one of the exceptions for me. I think the adrenalin gave me a confidence boost :)

Easiest way i found to get conversation going was just to ask peeps if it was their first con. not original i admit but it works. If its their first too you can share in your newbie joy/nerves and if they are more con-experienced then you can chat about the other cons they went to etc.

I am sure you'll be fine though.