Going it alone?

ukulelly

So adrenaline helps? Well, as long as Mr Head doesn't cancel I'll be high on adrenaline all through the weekend!!

And I'm actually thinking I might survive this - from all I've heard of the last one, Hallowhedon seems like a very friendly place!! (And - of course - it has very friendly forum-people... :D )

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm definitely convinced now, plus I'm a bit of a forum junkie, I'm already checking this before facebook in the mornings :chair:

Has anyone else gone with a gold ticket before? Is it worth the extra money? I don't want to half-ass this so I'm getting the gold if it's a better experience - the Friday night thing with the guests looks really good, I've already nosied at all the pictures on the facebook group :)

hello neighbour!

i'm in worthing and like you i will be on me todd and this is also my first con :lol: have gone with the gold ticket too for same reasons as you it would seem :lol:

maybe we could meet up en-route????

take care

K

I came with my girlfriend last year and only found the forum 3 days before leaving, so we both had a panic thinking we'd be by ourselves for the whole weekend ... but everyone is so friendly and we both met loads of amazing people who we're hoping to see next year, what I really recommend is going to the meet up at the pub on friday, thats where I met the majority of the people I hung out with all weekend and it was great :wub:

I was kind of in the same position at another con, not so long ago, but you get to know many people at the con itself anyway, so I wouldn't worry about the going-on-your-own thing.

I'm almost sure I'll be going to Hallowhedon on my own myself, and the only thing I'm worried about is the hotel fee which is more important when you're alone, but about the con itself, no worry at all =)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there!

It's realy calming to know, that we (my best friend and I) aren't the only ones with that fear. Sure, we have each other, but it still would be stupid if we wouldn't come into contact with anybody else, since we're both pretty shy too.

We're also a bit worried because we're from Germany and our english of course isn't perfect. But on my student exchange 8 years ago, I didn't starve. And since that I had a few more years of english in school.^^

So I really hope we will find some nice people to talk to, who don't mind the wrong grammar or the not everything understanding here and there.

Edited by Jenny88

Hi there!

It's realy calming to know, that we (my best friend and I) aren't the only ones with that fear. Sure, we have each other, but it still would be stupid if we wouldn't come into contact with anybody else, since we're both pretty shy too.

We're also a bit worried because we're from Germany and our english of course isn't perfect. But on my student exchange 8 years ago, I didn't starve. And since that I had a few more years of english in school.^^

So I really hope we will find some nice people to talk to, who don't mind the wrong grammar or the not everything understanding here and there.

please do not worry. you'll be surrounded by fellow fans and everyone's pretty friendly. rest your fears aside. If you come in around friday afternoon you should come to the meet up at the pub down the street. it's a nice relaxing time :)

Hi there!

please do not worry. you'll be surrounded by fellow fans and everyone's pretty friendly. rest your fears aside. If you come in around friday afternoon you should come to the meet up at the pub down the street. it's a nice relaxing time :)

thanks

We'll be definetly coming to the meet up, when we arrive in time. :YAHOO:

Hi there!

thanks

We'll be definetly coming to the meet up, when we arrive in time. :D

yeh lovely dont worry, honestly, you could approach anyone at the event and they will talk to you, everyone is friendly and nice and you will have a blast and more then welcome to the meet up if u get there in time :)

and after a few beers my english isn't that good either :)

Neither's mine lol and it's my first language.

Oh and just a warning if you're on your own just watch out for that Sazzy girl!! She's a shifty one that is....... :thumbup:

Just kidding you know I love you really. God i'm in a strange mood today!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Numfar. Long time no speak :)

I'm coming! All on my own again :)

Hey right back at you!! I've been hibernating for the past few months :whistling:

Are you all booked already? Which ticket have you gone for and are you staying at the Thistle again?

Abstract question but has anyone had any luck booking a single room at the Thistle (with breakfast) for a cheaper rate?

Hey

definately hibernating whereas i check this forum during my lunch at work every day :)

booked my ticket and hotel! and i've gone for a silver ticket this year. definately staying at the thistle as it was so easy last year and didn't fancy the walk to another hotel if i'm out till 4am again this year :)

*hands up* I'm coming too.

On my own. Again. lol

I really just don't know why anyone would not want to come with me to these things :firedevil::P

Yeah I'm trying to get a room mate for the hotel cause - hello - expensive! lol

i've got 3 cons lines up this year and might even fit another one in if i'm good :D

Getting my ticket at the end of the month. :YAHOO:

I'll be getting my ticket soonish too. gold - silver hmm still not sure. In fact I'd appreciate it if Showmasters could wait with new guest announcements until after I've made up my mind and purchased my ticket :( (reverse psychology might work. who knows)

I'm actually more worried about getting cheap flight tickets booked as that's more of a lottery so I may buy those first if a cheapish deal turns up.

I'll definately be doing one other con this year, but three or more isn't going to happen :whistling:

I think this will be the only con i can afford this year. Having to try to sell my house and then saving for a place of my own. and i have repairs to do on the current one before i can put it on the market.

not so much fun but really looking forward to this one and seeing everyone again :)

unless i can persuade some of my friends to come i'll be going it alone. finances are tight this year for everyone and i'm only going to make hallowhedon as i'm gonna do overtime at work.

so hopefully i'll make some new friends!

*hands up* I'm coming too.

On my own. Again. lol

I really just don't know why anyone would not want to come with me to these things :firedevil::P

Yeah I'm trying to get a room mate for the hotel cause - hello - expensive! lol

i've got 3 cons lines up this year and might even fit another one in if i'm good :D

Getting my ticket at the end of the month. :lol:

awww im sure you will fit in! come say hi i'll talk to ya!

I'll be getting my ticket soonish too. gold - silver hmm still not sure. In fact I'd appreciate it if Showmasters could wait with new guest announcements until after I've made up my mind and purchased my ticket :P (reverse psychology might work. who knows)

I'm actually more worried about getting cheap flight tickets booked as that's more of a lottery so I may buy those first if a cheapish deal turns up.

I'll definately be doing one other con this year, but three or more isn't going to happen :blink:

goodluck in finding cheap flights! and yay to coming, im sure u wont be alone for long and a new guest wud be great

unless i can persuade some of my friends to come i'll be going it alone. finances are tight this year for everyone and i'm only going to make hallowhedon as i'm gonna do overtime at work.

so hopefully i'll make some new friends!

im sure you will :)

EVERYONE COME TO THE MEET UP :D

• 2 weeks later...