Petition to make Collectormania London a permanant event

London wise we really only have The LFCC and this event is shaping up to be one of the best line ups so shows the kind of stars the capital can draw. So if you wanna show showmasters to keep it as a permanant then reply to this topic and show your support. It can only get bigger and better each year. The other non showmaster london cons are very poor and I look forward to these events.

Hopefully showmasters will take notice and act accordingly! :D:blink:

yes like you said london has lfcc.so leave collectormania in mkeynes,why does everything have to be in london????its far enough to bham and mk for everyone up north let alone the capital.

i think milton keynes and birmingham have proved they can attract the guests. :D

yes like you said london has lfcc.so leave collectormania in mkeynes,why does everything have to be in london????its far enough to bham and mk for everyone up north let alone the capital.

i think milton keynes and birmingham have proved they can attract the guests. :D

I see your point... but for people down south west it's more difficult to get to places like MK, so we can really only do the London events. Leaving it at LFCC would give us one a year which is just not fair. :blink:

To be honest though not everyone can be pleased all the time.

Edited by Kirayuki

This post was going to be a lot longer but I can feel my fellow northerners hating me for what I'm about to say already......

I like having a good reason to travel to London, the closest I get to a holiday is Download in the summer so the odd weekend here and there in the south helps beat away the boredom.

CM London ftw.

(but would like the chance to experience just one in MK so leave next years!! xD)

:YAHOO:

hey let's not count our chickens the show has not even happened yet, lets hope it is a good show to the normal high showmaster standards. The line up of guests is good (good not but not great) and i am looking forward to a nice day out.

in regards to making collectormania london a permanant event, London already has LFCC. I am for having more shows anywhere else then London, but living in the midlands means most places are easy to get to, so having shows in Manchester, Birmingham, Milton Keynes or anywhere for that matter is no big deal

the dude :P

my understanding is most of the top bods at SM are from or based in mk aznd thats were it was all born.

however i would love more london events, and would of thought a london venue would help attract the bigger us stars? but not as a replacement for the 2nd mk event, as well as, so we would have 2 mk events and then 2 london ones, thats my hope :-)

Personally I don't like London much prefer MK as you don't get ripped off " Cough Cough " Sorry charged £10 entry fee as it's always been free at MK.

Before any one shoots me down in flames yes I know you get a free autograph but its only really free or a good deal if you're planning on seeing the free auto guest. It would be so much better if we where given say a token or voucher for £10 so we could ' spend ' it on who we want and not what SM says we can !

Don't get me wrong I'm not slagging SM off as they do a splended job its just one of my bug bears !

If I didn't like it I wouldn't go but you just try and stop me lol.

The reason MK has always been the (only!) free event is because in the Centre:MK you can't block off Middleton Hall to only paying customers (I imagine John Lewis, Next, Paperchase etc, would have a few choice words to say about that) and since moving it out of the centre I imagine that SM are looking to keep goodwill.

As for being 'ripped off' do you have any idea what the Olympia would be charging to hire out? Because I don't, but I do know that you can't get a 20 person conference room in London centre for less than £300 a day. (at weekends). Something that huge? Has got to run into the tens of thousands. And SM are a business that need to recoup costs.

I'll also point out that you only have to be £5 to get into the event. The extra £5 is your own choice to go in early.

Don't see why we needed to start a petition to keep the event when it hasn't even happened yet. It could end up being rubbish for all we know at this point in time.

Also, im not from the north, but I think that too many of the events are in the south. Would rather see the return of collectormania manchester than 2 london events in a year.

It doesn't really affect me as I live inbetween the two :smile: But from a show point of view and as SM always wants to get bigger, then having a second one in London would be a good idea if it means bigger guests will come. But still keep the one in MK as thats the origional! Anyhow, MK and London aren't really that far appart, people travel between the two every day for work. So if you really want to goto a show it shouldn't really matter if it's in London or MK.

This post was going to be a lot longer but I can feel my fellow northerners hating me for what I'm about to say already......

I like having a good reason to travel to London, the closest I get to a holiday is Download in the summer so the odd weekend here and there in the south helps beat away the boredom.

CM London ftw.

(but would like the chance to experience just one in MK so leave next years!! xD)

:wub:

Nope ha ha as a fellow northerner I love travelling to London too, and for me it's far easier to get to than the ones in MK even though it's further away!!!!!

Plus London has far more to do of an evening when the day is over than MK so I'm well in agreement to make it a permanent thing!!!!!! :D