UPDATED! Hotel Booking Information

slaycandy

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have just called the Hilton to be told there are only single rooms left. Im not 100% sure if this is because of the issue Mark and Jason are working on or if it's just that all the rooms have been booked but im now offcially panicking.

Don't panic.

Mark hasn't reported back yet, and this situation is really a carbon copy of what happened at the Hub. The room situation will get sorted.

Awesome :clap::dance::wub:

just booked 2 night stay in the hilton metropole hotel for this event was £53 a night bargain!! :dance: , rooms on main website are really good start at £69 a night, but i booked single room so was cheaper!

Cant wait :YAHOO: size]

err i just checked on there earlier and cheapest room is 91 quid are you sure you booked the right hotel there is a metropole in the city centre too??? if you did get that rate thats fantastic, but i'd double check just in case

the hilton r so flippin stuck up. we're giving them all this money nd goin to their con and travelling from everywhere for it and they wnt give us a flippin reduced room. stupid people.

To be fair, it's probably not the Hilton's fault.

SM/ME will have arranged a number of reduced rate rooms. If they don't sell out, they'll probably be liable for at least some or possibly all of the cost of the unsold ones.

If they do sell out, they can't add more without SM/ME's agreement. Why not? Because suppose the con was cancelled at short notice - SM/ME would be liable for all those cancelled rooms. So by increasing the number of reduced rate rooms, SM/ME will be increasing their potential liability (no matter how unlikely it is to be incurred). Obviously the hotel cannot increase SM/ME's potential liability without SM/ME agreeing to it.

There's potentially other factors, like the hotel might have a limit on how many reduced rate rooms it allows (remember, they might be able to sell them at a higher rate), and how many it adds at a time, but it's not the hotel being "so flippin stuck up". (In fact, the one time I was there they were jolly nice and down to earth).

for anyone that may have been to con's at this venue before or just are in the know....

if for some reason we miss out on space at the venue hotel what are the other options???

best places to stay near the venue pref in walking distance.

just thought i'd ask to save time for people later incase they miss out etc.

xoxo

There is a Crowne Plaza pretty much next door. There is also a Premier Inn apparently.

for anyone that may have been to con's at this venue before or just are in the know....

if for some reason we miss out on space at the venue hotel what are the other options???

best places to stay near the venue pref in walking distance.

just thought i'd ask to save time for people later incase they miss out etc.

xoxo

There is a Crowne Plaza pretty much next door. There is also a Premier Inn apparently.

thank you for the tips!

To be fair, it's probably not the Hilton's fault.

SM/ME will have arranged a number of reduced rate rooms. If they don't sell out, they'll probably be liable for at least some or possibly all of the cost of the unsold ones.

If they do sell out, they can't add more without SM/ME's agreement. Why not? Because suppose the con was cancelled at short notice - SM/ME would be liable for all those cancelled rooms. So by increasing the number of reduced rate rooms, SM/ME will be increasing their potential liability (no matter how unlikely it is to be incurred). Obviously the hotel cannot increase SM/ME's potential liability without SM/ME agreeing to it.

There's potentially other factors, like the hotel might have a limit on how many reduced rate rooms it allows (remember, they might be able to sell them at a higher rate), and how many it adds at a time, but it's not the hotel being "so flippin stuck up". (In fact, the one time I was there they were jolly nice and down to earth).

oh i know all of this and agree :blink: i was just having a total rant as always :blink: didnt mean to sound rude or anything. x

people asap please i need all your help. if i book now when do they charge it to my card please all guys reply asap.

thanks

If you book for the convention rate they will charge you on arrival. Be careful and ask what the cancellation policy is before they try booking you in with another rate, there still seems to be some confusion.

Does anyone know of a hotel near by who have rooms with opening windows. I know it sounds like a silly question but my mum suffers from claustrophobia and cannot be shut in .

well the hilton has balconies so they certainly have open doors if that counts. premier inn i believe also has opening windows i have never stayed in a premier inn that didn't have opening windows and i have stayed in alot of them, but i'm sure if you ring before you book they can advise you

Does anyone know of a hotel near by who have rooms with opening windows. I know it sounds like a silly question but my mum suffers from claustrophobia and cannot be shut in .

Your best bet is to call hotels directly, but do note you'll probably have to stay on the ground floor since (taking an educated guess) I'd say at any hotel, rooms above ground level would not be allowed to have fully opening windows other than those that tilt slightly.

people asap please i need all your help. if i book now when do they charge it to my card please all guys reply asap.

thanks

On arrival.

At the proms they didn't charge me till check out.

Your best bet is to call hotels directly, but do note you'll probably have to stay on the ground floor since (taking an educated guess) I'd say at any hotel, rooms above ground level would not be allowed to have fully opening windows other than those that tilt slightly.

The Hilton has small balconies, we were on the 4th floor and could slide open the door and stand outside.