Latest Guest Announcement - Irene Lamb

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

We are pleased to announce our latest guest for Collectormania London

Irene Lamb

this is a very important lady indeed as she was responsible for casting so many films and the star wars films

The Brothers Grimm - Casting Director 2005

The Wind in the Willows - Casting Director 1996

Richard III - Casting Director 1995

The Neverending Story III - Additional Casting 1994

Orlando - Casting Director 1992 6,230

The Neverending Story II: The Next Chapter - Casting (UK) 1990

Erik the Viking - Casting Director 1989

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen - Casting Director 1988

Young Sherlock Holmes - Casting Director 1985

Brazil - Casting Director 1985 1,225

The Missionary - Casting Director 1982

Time Bandits - Casting Director 1981

Clash of the Titans - Casting Director 1981

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back - Casting Director 1980

Zulu Dawn - Casting Director 1979

Escape to Athena - Casting Director 1979

The Lady Vanishes - Casting Director 1979

The Thirty Nine Steps - Casting Director 1978

Force 10 from Navarone - Casting Director 1978

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope - Casting Director 1977

Jabberwocky - Casting Director 1977 7,808

The Eagle Has Landed - Casting Director 1976

To the Devil a Daughter - Casting Director 1976

The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother - Casting Director 1975

The Great Gatsby - Casting Director 1974

Get Carter - Casting Director 1971

Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed - Casting Director 1969

The Devil's Bride - Casting 1968

Frankenstein Created Woman - Casting Director 1967

The Mummy's Shroud - Casting Director 1967

The Devil's Own - Casting Director 1966

Friends TV series Casting: London The One with Ross's Wedding: Part 1 & 2

if you ever wondered how someone was picked for a film well this is the lady that would go though lots of actors and decide who she should put forward to the producer and the director of a film

so she picked rolls for guests like

John Hollis as Lobot in ESB

Bruce Boa as General Rieekan in ESB

Alec Guinness as Ben 'Obi-wan' Kenobi in STAR WARS

quote from Garrick Hagon "Biggs Darklighter from Star Wars

"My first starring role, in a film called "Some Kind of Hero" playing a Vietnam draft dodger, bombed, but I stayed in London, was known by Irene Lamb, the Star Wars casting director, and was called in to audition for one of the guys in "A New Hope". Irene Lamb told all of us before we went in to meet George that he might be shy and not talk too much. But somehow George and I started talking about Morocco , shooting in the desert (where I had just done "The Message"with Anthony Quinn) and Moroccan cloaks. Somebody later told me that George had a marking system for auditions. I must have been lucky and scored high. I was offered Biggs, one of the best roles that were cast out of London."

Star_Wars-one-sheet_b-L-01.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0482961/

Yes, a very interesting guest indeed. Good one. These are what sets SM events aside because they produce this type of less usual but still great guest with alarming regularity! Others should take note.

Behind the scenes, Casting/Directing/Producing type folks from a huge franchise like STAR WARS are cool.

I remember telling a friend that I had met Garty Kurtz and Irvine Kirshner from STAR WARS and EMPIRE and he just did not believe me....then he saw my autographed DVD sleeves and 'as they sign' photos.

Well Done SM

please no more 'behind the scenes' people.Quite frankly if you start with 'casting directors' where would it stop, every person on the end credits is just as valid to the final product .Before the usual suspects try to jump on me for expressing an opinion, i know each to their own ,but consider this..if showmasters work on a limited budget on getting people over from the US then it takes away from the main guests from in front of the camera which is what most fans are interested in.I know you need to please as many fans as you can (and its impossible because we all have different tastes) but keep being collectormania and don't try to be BFI.

please no more 'behind the scenes' people.Quite frankly if you start with 'casting directors' where would it stop, every person on the end credits is just as valid to the final product .Before the usual suspects try to jump on me for expressing an opinion, i know each to their own ,but consider this..if showmasters work on a limited budget on getting people over from the US then it takes away from the main guests from in front of the camera which is what most fans are interested in.I know you need to please as many fans as you can (and its impossible because we all have different tastes) but keep being collectormania and don't try to be BFI.

As you say, each to his own. To me, a casting director is a hell of a lot more interesting than a guy who just happened to be on set and got a stormtrooper hat put on for a scene!

As you say, each to his own. To me, a casting director is a hell of a lot more interesting than a guy who just happened to be on set and got a stormtrooper hat put on for a scene!

What MD said :WINCE:

Sorry bigcat I have to disagree. As a film fan I find the behind the scenes people hugely interesting and frankly the more the merrier!

Same here.

With something like the Star Wars movies so many now famous people were considered for the first movie that there has to be some good stories to tell there.

I keep hoping for some costume designers like Ngila Dickson or Colleen Atwood.

• Showmasters Admin

what's a limited budget ? :D

sorry mate just because we go for very rare but maybe not so well none guests dose not stop us getting other guests for the show , i think this event is looking great and there is still more to come

i may self am very much looking forward to meeting this lady as she has picked so many great stars that have been in all the films we love on the silver screen

she is just the person we should have at the event ;)

jason :D

ps the lady knows everyone so if she has a good time at the event she may pass on a good word to her friends ;)