Bruce Boxleitner from Babylon 5

Hey people ive been inactive from these forums for ages but I really want to know if he showed up and if anyone met him>?!

babylon 5 is the best work of sci fi Ive ever seen and it changed my life over the 5 seasons and I cant believe how little press it gets these days, like it just disappeared.

Your thoughts will be read (by me at least)

take care

• Moderators

He was certainly there. I was sat with Sendhil from Heroes, who was next to Bruce, so I got to hear a lot of what he had to say.

Seemed an extremely friendly guy who enjoyed meeting the fans, and certainly passionate about B5.

I met him on Saturday afternoon and, though he seemed a little tired, we chatted for a good couple of minutes... I told him how shocked I was when Sheridan died at the end of Season 3, and he told me how his favourite ever line was Sheridan's "I was dead. I'm better now"... He also told me he's just finished filming Tron 2 and another stint on Heroes. I think some people had issues with him, but I found him nothing less than a true professional :)

In the photoshoot I wondered why he kept his hand in his pockets for most of the shots I saw with guys, but put his arm on ladies shoulders.

Blokes obviously can't catch swine flu from ladies! :D

Edited by A007

He was really chatty with the couple of people ahead of me but when i went to shake his hand he refused and was a little off with me.

I went away feeling kinda sad by it.

Everything else about the show was wonderful though and i look foward to more events.

I had 3 pics taken in the photo shoot with him which was a bonus as I`d only paid for 1 - Think the photographer took too many LOL

I also met him at his signing and we chatted for quite awhile and he wasn`t anything but charming at all! And I wasn`t there for an autograph, I just went up and chatted to him.

Again on the sunday, He wasn`t busy so I went and chatted to him again and it was great! My daughter also got into a "discussion" with him about vampires because she is a Twihard fan and he was dissing the sparkley vampires who don`t drink blood - A lot of banter and it was brilliant!! He was also raving about Trueblood so we talked about that too. At the end he was very kind enough to let me have a photo with him! :D

Nick who was crewing with him had mentioned about a friend of mine getting a kiss from Peter as he thought it had been me, So I tried that one on Bruce but he said no or his wife would divorce him LMAO

I found him very charming and I`m now an even bigger fan than I was before!!!

Here is my photo with him <3 (haha I`m beaming!)

CIMG7439.jpg

Bruce was polite, pleasant, I asked him about Bab5 and Chuck, which he told me that one of his relatives was one of the writers for the show and hence the references to Tron and the Tron poster in Chucks room. Great guy, no complaints at all. :D

Hey people ive been inactive from these forums for ages but I really want to know if he showed up and if anyone met him>?!

babylon 5 is the best work of sci fi Ive ever seen and it changed my life over the 5 seasons and I cant believe how little press it gets these days, like it just disappeared.

Your thoughts will be read (by me at least)

take care

I was his guest assistant all day Saturday.

He wasn't shaking hands with anyone, and asked me to enforce it as far as possible. It was nothing personal against any of the attendees individually.

He chatted with everyone he could, and seemed to enjoy the conversations (except perhaps one which puzzled him, I think - but I'm not going into details). He was though tired from the flight over, and not sleeping well on the Friday night.

Clearly he loved B5 when he did it, but his recent work seemed to interest him more. I got the impression he hasn't a lot of time for most more recent TV science fiction.

Chatting with his Sunday guest assistant, it sounded much the same.

I've certainly had much harder guests to work with, and seen many who were less chatty with the attendees.

Did not meet Bruce this time around, as we had met him before and also at a previous CM at Milton Keynes. He is always charming with his fans and this is the first time that I have ever heard of him being even close to 'offish' with anyone! Mind you, could anybody blame a person what with the massive press bombardment of SWINE FLU overhype?

I am sure (from meeting him so many times before) that this time around is the exception rather than the rule. He is a genuine gentleman, he really appreciates his fans, and in all the times I have met and chatted with him he HAS NEVER been off.

Bruce is a great bloke so please do not be put off by this odd one-off occasion.

I'm one of those who was also really put off on Saturday. Ok, no-one should expect 'body-contact' (there have been plenty of threads about that before and for the most part I agree that hugs etc should NEVER be expected), but to refuse to shake hands is just rude. I was going to put my hand out but someone two persons in front of me got the line about not shaking hands ("tired of using the hand gel" I thought I heard him say) so I dodged the bullet on that one. Didn't seem too chuffed on being presented with a B5 Sheridan figure either (strange, seeing as in one of the B5 features he loved the idea of having a figure modeled on him!). I even commented on how great his 'Tron' t-shirt was and got a huff in return.

Love B5, really do. Sadly he's gone down with Shatner, Stewart and numerous others as being (on occasion) stand-offish. Pleased many of you got the pleasant side of him. I sadly didn't. Shame.

Edited by VadersSaber

He was fine with me - he noted that I share my first name with one of Shakespeare's great characters and we had a chat about Shakespeare because my wife is a massive Shakespeare buff! He also posed for a photo for me. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting him.

What a seriously nice guy he was on the Saturday. We had a great chat about Tron 2 (released end of 2010), he seemed very relaxed and very into the spirit of the con. As I was leaving his table, he even stopped me and showed off his Tron 2 t-shirt he was wearing, and said it was very rare!

I had 3 pics taken in the photo shoot with him which was a bonus as I`d only paid for 1 - Think the photographer took too many LOL

Probably the first 2 pictures were not good, for example if your blinking or your glasses cause a glare then Malcolm takes more than 1 until it's right. And you usually do the get all the pics in the end which is nice.

I'm one of those who was also really put off on Saturday. Ok, no-one should expect 'body-contact' (there have been plenty of threads about that before and for the most part I agree that hugs etc should NEVER be expected), but to refuse to shake hands is just rude.

I'm suprised so many of the guests do shake attndee's hands actually, as they have no way of knowing how hygenic an attendee is with thier handwashing. So many people do not wash their hands thoroughly using the correct technique, before I started working at a doctors surgery I thought I washed my hands pretty well [actually wasn't, but now I always do it the right way].One of the reasons I don't offer my hand to the guests, in case thier just thinking 'I hope they washed their hands after using the bathroom.

I thought he was lovely, he commented on my 'I am Sylar' T-Shirt asking if I was Sylar. I said I was as he is a shapeshifter now and could be anybody and he said he's glad someone finally said it. :D

I also meet him on Saturday. And when I made gesture to shake his hand for thanks, I was told no - "Too many people too many hands". But I have to say, that I totally understand that, and I have no problem with that at all. It must be pretty sticky and messy if you have to shake the hands of houndreds.

Later at the photo shoot he remembered my name - I hope for something good. :YAHOO:

Probably the first 2 pictures were not good, for example if your blinking or your glasses cause a glare then Malcolm takes more than 1 until it's right. And you usually do the get all the pics in the end which is nice.

Sadly most of my pics weren`t good :( (down to me, Not the photographer - I just look awful in pics!)

I wish I`d had more "not good" pics with Peter :wub::D

LiSe x

I'm surprised to be honest. I got a good handshake off him on Saturday.

He was a nice fella. We had a talk about Tron2 & Andreas Katsulas & how he missed both him & Richard (Biggs). I went away from that meeting perfectly happy. I'm sorry others didn't have the same experience.