This show needs the wow factor like last year!

For me I'm loving the guest line up though sadly don't think my bank balance is going to be very happy with my list of about 16 guests who I'd like to meet and get autographs off. Think I'm going to have to start going through my list and putting them in order of priority, meaning guests I have already met and possibly got autographs off may have to go somewhere near the bottom. Again sadly for my bank balance theres only 4 people I've met already in the guest line up and only 2 I've already got the autos off. Right must find everything I can sell on ebay and fast!!! Anybody want to by a kidney, second hand but still in good condition? Lol!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Showmasters have the best reputation for getting quality guests for their shows but I'm afriad I'm not that excited about this yeras LFCC line up :(

Last years show had such a good line up of guests I was hoping this year they would equal or top them.

There is still time for 1 or 2 big guests to be announced yet, lets hope :(

So far I'm only really excited about Scott and that's just because I adored Quantum Leap as a child :(

Many of the line up seem to have already appeared at other Showmasters events (and I've only started going to them in the past 2 years) So I would like to see some "new" people preferably for me from US TV shows (aside from Being Human but then we have Housebroken) or some "BIG name" movie stars so I can persuade my friends to come along as well. For now I'm holding off buying tickets till then!

the WOW factor is what each person makes it

fans of certain genres, films and TV will either be happy or disappointed - each to their own

i personally am looking forward to meeting Scott Bakula, remember watching each new episode of Quantum leap when they where first shown on UK TV - great show

other guests are great too

I would not however mind one or two more guests (or 10)

the dude :blink:

Since I'm primarily interested in horror genre guests, this year the only person I'll be wanting to meet on the day so far is Danny Trejo. I'm a bit disappointed there aren't any other good guests (for me) this time, but I'm more than happy to make the journey just to get some posters signed by Danny :thumbup:

further to what i wrote above, I've since looked again at the guest list and if I'd never ever been to an event like this before, it would be amazing. The big problem for me is that I've already met 12 of the guests for this year's show at past events here during the last few years.

I guess one of the major factors in there not being so many of the rare guests, especially from the U.S.A. is the current economic climate which makes it impossible to accommodate many of the guests from abroad and why there is a large amount of more common U.K. guests this time.

Oh well, like I said, cheapish day out for me this time, as I'll only be getting a few items signed by Danny and then heading back home, but hopefully once the economy starts to recover, we'll have a broader range of guests next time.

Totally agree Dude, this will be my first LFCC & I am still in awe of how SM manage to get such an amazing collection of guests in one place over a single weekend! :D

thanks

hope you enjoy the event as much as i will

the dude :firedevil:

Totally agree Dude, this will be my first LFCC & I am still in awe of how SM manage to get such an amazing collection of guests in one place over a single weekend! :D

thanks

Are you kidding??? With a line up like this, I don't know how someone would possibly NOT enjoy it! :D

thanks

Are you kidding??? With a line up like this, I don't know how someone would possibly NOT enjoy it! :D

and yet people still moan that the show just doesn't seem to have IT - crazy eh????

the dude :D

• Showmasters Admin

we get a thread like this every year :firedevil:

its still weeks out and more guest to come so maybe you will all get to meet someone you want to meet :D

i also think that every year we get great guests but that means next year people expect us to out do the year before, sorry no show can keep doing this every year

also its all down to who you want to meet some people have wanted to meet Ironside for ever and is a very rare guest and Trejo is also a rare guest and a good horror guest as i say its all down to the individual

anyway if you want to meet someone come if there is nothing for you at this years event then do not bother all i can say is tickets sales for this years event are up so somebody likes the line up :D

jason :D

i think this show now has the complete WOW factor

this is my opinion - another people will still disagree - but eh.. each to there own

I have to agree with you, Dude, and I am now crossing over the last post I did in this thread. Now I'm hyped! :D

we get a thread like this every year :firedevil:

its still weeks out and more guest to come so maybe you will all get to meet someone you want to meet :lol:

i also think that every year we get great guests but that means next year people expect us to out do the year before, sorry no show can keep doing this every year

also its all down to who you want to meet some people have wanted to meet Ironside for ever and is a very rare guest and Trejo is also a rare guest and a good horror guest as i say its all down to the individual

anyway if you want to meet someone come if there is nothing for you at this years event then do not bother all i can say is tickets sales for this years event are up so somebody likes the line up :D

jason :D

Oh dont be silllyyy Jason! Most of us are extremely happy with the line up :D Its obvious that you arent going to meet everyones needs, and people need to get used to that.

I am VERY happy and excited for this event and must say that on more than one occasion I've sat here shaking with happiness over an announcement.

:D Keep up the good work and please accept a big fat thankyou and you're awesome from me!

and yet people still moan that the show just doesn't seem to have IT - crazy eh????

It doesn't have IT for me sadly (only one virtual queue for instance) but hey it's cheaper that way. Each to their own. Like Jason said there's still a few weeks.

FWIW I have prebooked earlybird this year - normally I just do so on the day, mainly so I can get in and out ASAP.

we get a thread like this every year :unsure:

its still weeks out and more guest to come so maybe you will all get to meet someone you want to meet ;)

jason :WAVE:

you do a great job in putting together a show that tries to accomodate most peoples taste - keep up the good work

looking forward to the show - will be outside earls court early on Saturday morning waiting for the doors to open

the dude :wub:

(am i being too greedy :YAHOO: )

yes probably - looking at last years final prices there were 44 - though not all showed, this year its 45 (not counting free comic folk)

Doing my sums to see what I'll spend I can also tell you

Last year one of each would cost you £620, this year it's £590, so again it's about the same.

but if ticket sales are up on normal that's a good excuse to get more and more than last year, which had a load of cancellations.