If anyone's Sat Nav is like mine and can't find MK1 1ST..

Wyn

Hey guys just heading off to C15 now, just wanted to let you know if anyone's Sat Nav does what mine just did and says MK1 1ST WTF and cant find it!! The Postcode for Asda next door should work it's MK1 1QB, i looked on google maps and it showed it's on the same street **phew**.

Got to Mk, put the postcode in my crap nav, wasn't having it!.

Remebered IKEA next door , found the Ikea postcode (MK1 1QB) and worked fine.

Edited by sadboy

Glad we werent the only ones to enjoy the splendors of Milton Keynes roundabouts, traffic lights and petrol stations. -_-

I have to add, it was bloody worth it though!! Great day Saturday, guests amazing, and bargains galore.

kegan5- sorry!! i only found out this morning when i tried to put in the other post code and it came up with nothing and i was like argg!! I normally get lost in MK so it was a change not to get lost for once!

Yep I got lost too- own fault for not updating my tomtom for 3 years so it didn't even find Asda lol!

I find a good old fashioned map works rather well and often more reliable lol!! :)

It helps I know my way round MK fairly well but the H and V road layout usually makes things pretty easy to get to. I do find any sat nav should only be used as a guide rather than followed religiously. I do agree that the stadium wasn't all that well signposted though.

I being the silly thing I am decided to get my friend to sort out the sat nav as we came to mk as I knew the way. Then realised tomtom was confused so we went the long way debating which way to go at each roundabout. Only went round on four times before we could work out where to get off :)

Even funner trying to find the hotel without an address then find our way back again this Morning tehe.

Gemx

I'm really baffled as to why there were so many Satnav problems? I apologise if this sounds in any way antagonistic, it's not meant to be challenging, I'm just curious how recently people have performed an online update of their Satnav?

I'm really baffled as to why there were so many Satnav problems? I apologise if this sounds in any way antagonistic, it's not meant to be challenging, I'm just curious how recently people have performed an online update of their Satnav?
My TomTom took me straight to the entrace off Saxton St. Always keep it updated with the latest firmware and maps, with tests around a known route (don't want to get lost with a 'broken' sat nav do I :o ) to make sure all is as it should be.

Out of date maps maybe some of the problem. In the case of TomTom this may be compounded by the fact that in the past they used maps from two different sources on different models. If I recall correctly Navteq maps were used for the early Rider models, and whilst later Rider and the GO range used maps provided by Teleatlas.

I never updated my satnav I really ought to. Following the 1ST postcode we eneded up in an industrial estate satdy morning!!!! Luckly I could see the stadium and figured it out myself, twas a very funny experience :blush:

I would have got sooooo lost without my satnav tho, the stadium was badly signposted hopefully once building is done more signs will be up for May