Big guests attending...

smm1

Maybe a far out idea... Everyone here seems to have an idea of big guests they would love to see attend CM and such events.

I have no idea just how many tickets are sold for such an event but maybe if there was a list of possible big stars to attend...once a name or names had been decided.. perhaps us the buyers of tickets could help Showmasters out and add to the buying fund for such guests and take these event possibilities sky high.

Donate whatever you can and get SM to get some high profile big guests ?????

Lol well honestly, I didn't know whether this was a serious suggestion, or some thinly veiled way of suggesting SM haven't got any decent guests for this event! <_<

I'll bite and take it at face value - it wouldn't work, because the vast majority of auto sales are made by people who would never buy their tickets up front. But even so, imagine Jason put up a thread saying : -

"Everyone buy a ticket for Kurt Russell, and if we sell 10,000 tickets, we can get him!"

1) How long is it going to take to reach that 10,000? Is Kurt Russell going to hold his booking open while SM hope to hit the magic number?

2) What happens if we only sell 6,000? Presumably Jason refunds all the tickets? Then he would effectively lose the Credit Card charges for 6,000 tickets?

3) What about all the people who are going to think "I'll wait to see how many tickets SM sells. If it gets close to 10,000, I'll buy mine, because there'll be a real chance of him actually coming"?

This last one is an unfortunate but well documented phenomenon, and (from the point of view of an economist) is probably the main reason you rarely see the paradigm you suggest in practice...

me give SM money to get a guest so they can make more money? LMAO

i dont think that 10,000 people are such loyal advocates of the showmasters brand that there gonna pay them to do their job haha.

it may work for a convention setting but for a signing event .. where people who would not have contributed also meet the guest, just seems as though alot of people seem to think SM dont have money to get the guests, when really if they invested tons of money for expensive guests they would make a huge loss, as there is only so many auto's/photos the guest can do in the time.

just seems as though alot of people seem to think SM dont have money to get the guests, when really if they invested tons of money for expensive guests they would make a huge loss, as there is only so many auto's/photos the guest can do in the time.

That is very true, unless of course you do something crazy like charge £100 or so per autograph/photo, and still hope you sell alot.

Imagine if for example, Harrison Ford agreed to attend. SM would probably still have to sell 2000+ at £100 just to cover his expenses!!

Of course, then you have the whole problem/debate often heard in this forum about people who would or wouldnt pay this much for an A+ lister.

I personally would pay £100, as instead of getting maybe 3 signatures, i'd get only one, and i'd still have spent the same amount (if this makes any sense :D )

Maybe a far out idea... Everyone here seems to have an idea of big guests they would love to see attend CM and such events.

I have no idea just how many tickets are sold for such an event but maybe if there was a list of possible big stars to attend...once a name or names had been decided.. perhaps us the buyers of tickets could help Showmasters out and add to the buying fund for such guests and take these event possibilities sky high.

Donate whatever you can and get SM to get some high profile big guests ?????

This sounds very fishy to me...

Looking back at the context, anyone who has actually been to a collectormania event knows that no entry tickets are sold, it's free entry, yet that is what your question infers.

I know that others charge an entry fee (I know as I have been to it, sorry...them) but not at CM15.

As for 'big guests' as a comment? Leonard Nimoy is not a big guest? And when was the last time Ben Browder was at a signing event in the UK? Not too recently, I think...

Also, not one come back from you since you made the O.P.

That coupled with the really low total number of your posts.

Balls in your court...

Edited by SlippDigby

• Showmasters Admin

Have I missed something, or is this suggestion/post just weird?:headscratch:

I can see where they are coming from, but it's one of these ideas that in a prefect world "may" work. But there are too many issues for it the work in the real world.

Looking back at the context, anyone who has actually been to a collectormania event knows that no entry tickets are sold, it's free entry, yet that is what your question infers.

If this is the case can me and my girlfriend have our money back.

I think you are mistaken.

• Showmasters Admin

As this thread is in the CM:MK section it's not an unrealistic assumption to make that the original poster was suggesting this for Collectormania MK.

And CM:MK has always been free entry. If you've bought entry tickets to CM:MK you've been riped off somewhere!

And CM:MK has always been free entry. If you've bought entry tickets to CM:MK you've been riped off somewhere!

I just assumed with his "anyone whos been to a collectormania event" comment he meant all shows.

I got in for nowt at MK in 2005.

I didnt really want my money back,i know how eveything works.

As this thread is in the CM:MK section it's not an unrealistic assumption to make that the original poster was suggesting this for Collectormania MK.

Depends if they are referring to the early Showmasters events at Woughton and Stantonbury Campus :P

Depends if they are referring to the early Showmasters events at Woughton and Stantonbury Campus :P

I did say Collectormania MK :(

Weren't they called Collectormania as well? (I admit, my memory of that time is a little hazy.... and I was selling stuff at those events!)

• Showmasters Admin

I did say Collectormania MK :(

Weren't they called Collectormania as well? (I admit, my memory of that time is a little hazy.... and I was selling stuff at those events!)

I didn't think so but I'd stand corrected. I didn't think Collectormania started until they moved to the Centre:MK.

If we are going to be pedantic mood this warm Thursday afternoon

“And CM:MK has always been free entry. If you've bought entry tickets to CM:MK you've been riped off somewhere! “

Collectormania Gold Pass – Discuss? It is used partly as an entry ticket. Different Q etc.

If we are going to be pedantic mood this warm Thursday afternoon

“And CM:MK has always been free entry. If you've bought entry tickets to CM:MK you've been riped off somewhere! “

Collectormania Gold Pass – Discuss? It is used partly as an entry ticket. Different Q etc.

Are there different queues for gold passes at MK? I thought you turned up, picked up the pass then joined whoever's queue.

• Showmasters Admin

There was no special queue before, because the doors opened before the show started the gold pass holders entered the event the same way everyone else did. Still no entry ticket needed!

Will there be a separate queue for Golds at C15 dsue to the doors opening at the same time as the show?!? There probably will be, but that's a special queue, entry is still free :wub:

Edited by Too Tall