Gold and Silver are now sold out but we still have standard for sale

showmasters

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am a self confessed stalker too, I'm such a bad stalker that they tried to make me go to rehab for it but I said no no no... god even I hated that joke but can't get rid of it now. Can we please have a guest, it's sooo close and we've been sooo good and nice, pretty please, even if it's just the makeup guys assistant, anything pleeeeease

I have the same problem have lost a few from abroad who were waiting on guests and now going to another con instead. Know you have to wait on contracts etc for some guests up but wonder whether it may have been better to have a mixture of "smaller" guests announced then the main ones they are going for around them just to keep the tickets flowing since March?

I do hope we get an announcement soon, i have been replying to friends to reassure them this con will happen, guests will be announced etc and will be great but there are anxious people out there now.

Edited by buffy2k

i know what you mean.. i know at least 5 of my friends arent buying tickets now because they say its too worrying to even consider..

its onli 2 months away, we really could do with some new guests? any news sm?

I had a couple of people waiting on announcements before they booked. But even they cant book now even if someone great is announced because there is no more time left to save the money!

Tickets, hotels, travel and (of course) beer money doesnt grow on trees. Which is a shame. I wouldve got into gardening years ago!

I don't want to stir things but is ther any way we could have an update on the guest situation? I bought a silver ticket for the photo shoots but if we don't get anymore guests then it'll seem like a waste. Could we even just get a yes there will definately be a full line up. I know i'm not the only frustrated one. I mean James is my dream but it would be a nice bonus to have others.

I don't want to stir things but is ther any way we could have an update on the guest situation? I bought a silver ticket for the photo shoots but if we don't get anymore guests then it'll seem like a waste. Could we even just get a yes there will definately be a full line up. I know i'm not the only frustrated one. I mean James is my dream but it would be a nice bonus to have others.

This is my first MA conventuion and I am absolutely terrified of having bought a silver ticket only to have the same as eclipse happen where there was 3 guests. Except we have 2!

If I had bought an eclipse ticket I would have been gutted at one main guest and two part time guests. I know thats sounds spoilt/selfish/childish but its true.

Thats not exactly the case with Hallowhedon, we already have 2 huge whedonverse guests, so the general feeling of those ticket buyers is we dont want to wait to hear about another HUGE guest we would be happy with a part time or occasional buffy guest but at this point, so close to the event we do need something to help quench the fear that we wont have another guest.

Am over the moon to meet James and Nicholas, have been a buffy fan since it began and have loved every show or production from Joss so any guest of the tv shows, films, musicals or comics would be amazing.

A line up of 6 is like a mirage to me right now and am fast losing faith of 3 never mind 6.

So please help me not be a basketcase or whiner here

This is my first MA conventuion and I am absolutely terrified of having bought a silver ticket only to have the same as eclipse happen where there was 3 guests. Except we have 2!

If I had bought an eclipse ticket I would have been gutted at one main guest and two part time guests. I know thats sounds spoilt/selfish/childish but its true.

Thats not exactly the case with Hallowhedon, we already have 2 huge whedonverse guests, so the general feeling of those ticket buyers is we dont want to wait to hear about another HUGE guest we would be happy with a part time or occasional buffy guest but at this point, so close to the event we do need something to help quench the fear that we wont have another guest.

Am over the moon to meet James and Nicholas, have been a buffy fan since it began and have loved every show or production from Joss so any guest of the tv shows, films, musicals or comics would be amazing.

A line up of 6 is like a mirage to me right now and am fast losing faith of 3 never mind 6.

So please help me not be a basketcase or whiner here

i am in agreement with you. I understand that they wouldnt want to loose us down by saying there is a specific guest and they then dont arrive, but it is getting just a bit frustrating now.

I am so thrilled to meet james and nicholas, but coming from n ireland and paying all that money for just 2 guests will be a little hard to justify.

Hopefully we will have some confirmation soon

having bought a silver i am also terrified that we wont get the full 5/6 guests.

dont get me wrong james and nicholas are great but there are 4 shows to pick from for guests you cant tell me that everyone of them is busy that weekend.

a update on the situation would be greatly needed at this point and a real number of how many guests we are getting (not trying to stir things just need answers)

Edited by killerinc

• 2 weeks later...

It's starting to look like a two horse race - i love James and he will be worth the standard price ticket on his own but c'mon, guys!! It's less than two months now, you must have some guests you can tell us about by now surely!

i'm reading and hearing about people that wanted to come but have to bow out - only the people who have already paid will be coming soon. i guess SM think that is enough? Some response would be nice...

:(

It's starting to look like a two horse race - i love James and he will be worth the standard price ticket on his own but c'mon, guys!! It's less than two months now, you must have some guests you can tell us about by now surely!

He's even worth that Silver Ticket :blink:

But I have to agree. I understand that SM wants to make sure to get guest who won't back out in the last minute.

There is this bit of a catch 22 going on.

The more people buy tickets, the bigger the budget will be for more guests.

But people will most like wait to buy a ticket (if you're from outside the UK like me :) ), until there are most guests announced.

So yeah.. I hope there'll be news soon. As much as I love James and as much I'm looking to meeting Nick for the first time, a few more would be nice as well.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

ok not joing in the moaning and groaning (however much i am tempted to lol) but i am curious about something.

I know SM have said that they are trying to get another "holy potatoes" (the quote marks arent me quoting them btw, i had a dream once where i met christian kane and was so nervous that was all i could say to him. for some reason the saying has stuck in my head ever since) type guest before arranging other guests with the money left over. Fair enough, but dear folks at SM, with just over a month (yippeeeee) to go, surely if a big guest isnt arranged soon it will be too late to then arrange anyone else, so I am wondering, do you have a cut-off date when, if you havent been successful in getting a big guest you will focus on getting some other guests instead? Just wondering.

Have a look at the 'Not one to moan' thread - TooTall's put up a couple of updates saying the big guest has fallen through and we should be getting some smaller announcements any day now :D

oh yay!!!!!

not yay about the big guest obviously lol but yay about smaller guests now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am a happy bunny :) (sorry anya's of the forum)