Gold and Silver are now sold out but we still have standard for sale

showmasters

Hi peeps!

Just another quickie for the higher powers, I'm in a bratty mood and am stomping cos I want more guests :o I've been on secondlife (yes, i'm one of THOSe people) trying to promote in Whedon-centric places, and apart from SL Sunnydale, I'm having trouble getting people to put signs up, since it's only James and the loverly Mr Brendon confirmed. Lots of replies of 'well this is a Firefly themed place and that'd be advertising Buffy' is annoying when I know these people would love to be told, but the owners won't put anything up till it is something fitting for their clubs/bars, etc.

Sooo, since it's been a while now since anyone let us know about anything, I thought I'd give people a little poke and see what reaction I could get *ducks all ashamed* Yes, I'm a pervert! Anything given greatly accepted!

Thanks peoples!

A new guest would be awsome right now..and its getting closer :(

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i signed up on day one myself and got quite a few people to book months ago. I had a few more friends from abroad waiting when more guests were announced, & i am trying not to lose them at the moment to US cons but they wont book until most of the guests are in place due to the expense but it is getting late now for them to make arrangements and travel.

I'd love to get this event sold out so can we please have an update soon ME,realise you have a lot of other cons going on but I would hate to see people miss out on whats going to be a great con if it gets too short notice.

Looking forward to an announcement soon.

Edited by buffy2k

• Showmasters Admin

I understand that it can be frustrating as an attendee when there is a big gap between guest announcements. But it's not a case of ME not looking at this event because of the others that are on. I know for a fact they are looking at some really really cool guests for this show.

Will they get them, who know's as the issue is that a "holy cow" guest can take time to get and confirm. They want to get this guest first and so they then know how much they have left to get the other guests.

This event has far from been forgotten.

thanks for the reassurance Too Tall. I can understand why people would want to wait for more guests but as much as I love the whole cast, Nicky is my reason for going so I am quite happy to patiently wait for more guest announcements as and when they come :blush:

um ok so i am kind of paranoid and a worrier sometimes so i know the odds of this happening are slim but just to put my mind at rest... in the unlikely event that my letter doesn't arrive on time, will a birth certificate count as ID cos i dont have anything else to prove who i am

As a worst case scenario yes. Some ID with picture would be ideal though. Maybe any form of school ID, bus pass, anything like that?

PHEW!!!

so relieved!!!

have literally nothing with photo on it.

will make sure i have birth certificate, library card, wrk security badge (sadly without photo) and just about anything else i can find with name and address on, ready just in case :thumbup:

Hello, first time poster here!

Me and a friend are hoping to go but we're not sure if she can. If the tickets get sold out before we know for sure, is it still possible to get them from ebay or something or are the tickets personal?

Me and a friend are hoping to go but we're not sure if she can. If the tickets get sold out before we know for sure, is it still possible to get them from ebay or something or are the tickets personal?

Hey! The tickets are personal and not to be resold to anyone. So if the tickets are sold out your best bet would be to check the forum and be put on the waiting list for tickets if one goes up. :D

There are still loads of standards left right now though, jola posts if they are getting low :)

Hope that helps, and welcome to the forum! :D

Edited by Elspeth

Hey! The tickets are personal and not to be resold to anyone. So if the tickets are sold out your best bet would be to check the forum and be put on the waiting list for tickets if one goes up. :D

There are still loads of standards left right now though, jola posts if they are getting low :)

Hope that helps, and welcome to the forum! :D

Ok, thanks for the reply! We'll just have to keep an eye on the forums to make sure they're not getting low.

I know what you mean, I'd love to have a guest announced in the very near future (i check the forum like 4 times a day just in-case..............sad i know, but it's the summer and I'm jobbless)!

But that being said, it would be really awesome if SM held out to get someone really cool, a UK first timer like they said, It'd be worth the wait......... I think I'd prefer to have a rarer guest and wait a bit longer...................but i am impatient too the 28th March was a LONG time ago lol!

but as someone said before look on the brightside, with every day that passes the likelyhood of getting a new guest increases (wise words whoever said it)

I agree with you all tbh, 28th march is along time since our last guest and I know your holding out for this amazing first time uk signer but in the meantime a little guest will keep us all at bay. I would love for a UK first timer, it'll be amazing but I'd also like a full line up and we only have 2 months left, Give us a little hope by announcing a guest of any sort in the very near future?

true true.................I guess we'll just have to wait and see what SM/ME pull out of the bag! At least we know there'll have to be an announcement or 2 within the next 2 months!! :P

you dont know that tho :( lol.

i just relaly hoped for the fulll6 guest line up.. maybe im greeedy haha

I am not fussed if it's a UK first timer to be honest (mostly cos I have yet to meet anyone at all!) but would be cool if it's a main cast member.

I would love the full 6 too, or at least 5... if it's only 3 or so then it might be tough to shift the last tickets :P

snap with crazyminx, first time, and I'm happy James will be there, so I don't mind who's announced, just someone, an ex-camera guy would be fine, just a smidgen of info :D

and hahahahahaha Elspeth I'm glad you've admitted to the frequent stalking of the forum, I feel less sad now!