John Barrowman

spanielears

I have seen both him and Gavin respond quite tersely to questions of this kind when thrown at them out of context

Exactly: as I said JB is very good at deflecting questions he doesn't want to, or cannot, answer. But someone WILL probably try it on. It's human nature. Unless questions for the panel have to be submitted and vetted in advance...?

As a ticket holder I haven't seen anywhere that says questions must be vetted in advanced and unless there is an hour long gap between airing and the Q&A it won't happen.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that the calender on John's offical website said he is on stage every sat and sun in october.

Not sure if they changed it since this was posted, but it doesn't have Sundays booked now. The theater as all of the West End do not have performances on Sundays.

The theater as all of the West End do not have performances on Sundays.

That's not true; some shows do perform on Sundays, for example The Lion King and Stomp (although Stomp's last performance was yesterday), however La Cage is not currently one of these. I don't believe they have any plans to start doing Sunday performances either.

The theater as all of the West End do not have performances on Sundays.

That's not true; some shows do perform on Sundays, for example The Lion King and Stomp (although Stomp's last performance was yesterday), however La Cage is not currently one of these. I don't believe they have any plans to start doing Sunday performances either.

Meh. I forgot it's the new school way.

From John's official email newsletter....

We've also received lots of enquiries about John's attendance at The Hub 3. As with all events like The Hub, you will see notes that say "Guests appear subject to work commitments". The latest information is that John still hopes to attend. If he does, he will only be attending on the Sunday, although this is still to be confirmed.

From John's official email newsletter....

We've also received lots of enquiries about John's attendance at The Hub 3. As with all events like The Hub, you will see notes that say "Guests appear subject to work commitments". The latest information is that John still hopes to attend. If he does, he will only be attending on the Sunday, although this is still to be confirmed.

Well, that's sorted.

Can we stop going on about it now.

And let's hope he doesn't injure any more body parts.

Well, that's sorted.

Can we stop going on about it now.

And let's hope he doesn't injure any more body parts.

The situation is the same as it was the day JB was announced as a guest: "All guests appear subject to work committments." If he can make it he will, if he can't then people will have to be happy with all the other guests SM will have lined up.

As for his injury: get well soon John :D

• 2 months later...

I'm going to halloweedon and arriving early on thursday and heading into london to see the show, I've gone all out and booked a front row centre caberet table to make the most of it. I've alo booked a day off to go to one of the signings.

I'm going to halloweedon and arriving early on thursday and heading into london to see the show, I've gone all out and booked a front row centre caberet table to make the most of it. I've alo booked a day off to go to one of the signings.

I've got a seat on one of the cabaret tables for one of the days too, it should be amazing. Have fun! And good luck with the signing, I've got one about a 30 minute walk from where I'll be living then so I'm pleased on that account too lol.

Hey, I've also booked for one of the cabaret tables. It will be nine weeks on Saturday! They look brilliant don't they? :YAHOO:

I've got the week after off and am seriously considering going to the dress circle signing, and then the next Satuday it's The Hub, so if he makes it to all three events it could be one heck of a week. :D

Hope John makes it to hub 3 but will understand if he doesn't

I really hope he can too, I've never met him before and would love to talk to him, get his autograph and have a photo with him. I'm sure John, his agent, Massive Events and Showmasters will all try their best to arrange for him to attend on the Sunday and if he can't, it can't be helped. It's going to be a fantastic event anyway and maybe if he has to cancel (which I hope and pray he won't have to), he could possibly attend the next Hub if there is one. I've got my fingers crossed that something can be sorted out. He's doing signings on performance dates at 1pm in places across the country so that looks slightly more promising that he will be able to attend on Sunday which is his day off for the week. :unsure:

Edited by Doctor Who

• 1 month later...

Could we please have some word on JB soon? This has been hanging in the balance forever. With only a month to go until the event, surely there's some idea as to whether he'll be able to attend or not?

Edited by dayonestar

His new autobiography has loads of pictures from The Hub 1 so I think it's fair to say he had a good time at the first one. I've got my fingers crossed that he can make it to this one, even if it's only for Sunday. I've never met him so am really excited about him being on the guest list. I'm sure he'll do everything he can to try and make the event as will Massive Events in arranging a time in the schedule for him to sign autographs and take part in photoshoots. *crosses fingers* :D

Edited by Doctor Who

You guys, when I met him after a performance of La Cage (IknowImetJohneeek! xD I love him!) and asked if he'd be coming he said, without hesitation, "Nope." Then paused and added, "I'll be doing something else, this I think?"

But he could be wrong I guess?

Also can't wait to meet everyone at my first hub ^^