John Barrowman

spanielears

You guys, when I met him after a performance of La Cage (IknowImetJohneeek! xD I love him!) and asked if he'd be coming he said, without hesitation, "Nope." Then paused and added, "I'll be doing something else, this I think?"

But he could be wrong I guess?

Also can't wait to meet everyone at my first hub ^^

You know who Jason is, right? The guy who posted 'he's coming' just before your post saying he's not?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jackness @ Sep 25 2009, 07:46 AM)

You guys, when I met him after a performance of La Cage (IknowImetJohneeek! xD I love him!) and asked if he'd be coming he said, without hesitation, "Nope." Then paused and added, "I'll be doing something else, this I think?"

But he could be wrong I guess?

Also can't wait to meet everyone at my first hub ^^

You know who Jason is, right? The guy who posted 'he's coming' just before your post saying he's not?

In fairness to the poster I've seen John in Le Cage a couple of times now and people do keep asking him at the stage door about the Hub 3 (because its a source of amazement to me that people see him in that extraordinary production, get the opportunity to speak to him at the stage door and all they want to know about is a Torchwood convention) and his responses have been a bit contradictory and non-committal.

I heard him tell one American who asked if he was attending "No. No I don't think so", then he asked which convention the Hub was and when she said Birmingham he responded that he was still hoping to make it but we shouldn't hold him to it. He gave a similar "hoping to make it but not sure" response to someone else. Given that he seems confused about which con it is and when I imagine he's just focusing on Le Cage right now and will worry about his schedule nearer the event but he certainly isn't giving "yes of course I'll be there" type responses.

• Moderators

Given the number of things he seems to be doing at once right now (AFAIK: La Cage, been filming 'Animals at Work', about to start book signings, TV appearances - probably for the book, Elaine Paige's radio show a few times) I'm not surprised if John doesn't actually have a clue if he'll be at Hub3 or not - or even remember which one it is, or when it is, or anything.

That's why he has 'his people'!

I mean... I sometimes forget/don't know if /I/ am going to be somewhere or another on a particular day, and I am nowhere near as crazy-busy as John!

Given the number of things he seems to be doing at once right now (AFAIK: La Cage, been filming 'Animals at Work', about to start book signings, TV appearances - probably for the book, Elaine Paige's radio show a few times) I'm not surprised if John doesn't actually have a clue if he'll be at Hub3 or not - or even remember which one it is, or when it is, or anything.

That's why he has 'his people'!

I mean... I sometimes forget/don't know if /I/ am going to be somewhere or another on a particular day, and I am nowhere near as crazy-busy as John!

This is exactly what I thought. Part of my day job is to organise various people (transport, meetings, hotels, flights etc), so I'm quite used to being the person that tells someone where they're going, who they are meeting and what they are talking about (kinda like a PA without the title or pay!)

I was just telling you what he said, didn't want responses like that really. Thanks for making me feel welcome.

sorry that you feel unwelcome :wub: don't believe it was done intentionally, it's just this has been brought up quite a few times in the last few months so it's sort of repeating what's been said before so it may have come across differently to the way it would have if it was the first time it had been mentioned.

agree with Persephone1 and etmuse that with the number of things on JB's plate at the moment he'd be lucky to remember what was on next week let alone a month away! :gorgeous: so for now am content with SM's post indicating he's still attending, and will see how things pan out next month :)

hope you haven't been put off and you have fun at the convention :)

Jackness, as that was your first post, I was merely asking if you knew who Jason was, as in 'do you know he runs Showmasters, and isn't doesn't act purely as a mod?' - it wasn't having a go, just pointing out that Jason had posted he is coming as far as anyone knows immediately before a contradictory post. Let's face it, there were the 'Kai's not coming!!!!' panic posts last time, there's been all the dissecting of various people's schedules to prove or disprove their ability to come, so I wanted to make sure you were aware that if some bloke called Jason posts a yes or no, it's a real yes or no rather than a Twitter inspired one.

*Edited to stop TT crying*

Edited by sazzra

Barrowman was just on Paul O'grady's show. Wonderful interview as always.

Hope he can make one day at least, soooo want to meet him!

I remembered at the last moment and caught the end of the interview. Hooray for 4oD, I can watch it all later!

Barrowman was just on Paul O'grady's show. Wonderful interview as always. Hope he can make one day at least, soooo want to meet him!

Yeah, I caught it all and it was great. He did a fantastic performance from La Cage too and it was nice to see June Whitfield on the show who will be in one of this year's remaining Doctor Who specials. By the way welcome to the forum Jackness. :P

I really hope John can make it but can understand if he can't, he's a very busy man. If he does have to cancel (which I hope and pray he doesn't), I will be gutted as I've been trying to meet him for five years now since his first appearance in Doctor Who and this is my first time attending a signing outside Manchester, somewhere he hasn't actually signed since Captain Jack came to our screens. I know John will do everything he can to make it and thanks Jason, it's good to hear an update. :P

Edited by Doctor Who

Was he ever planning on coming tbh?

Or was it just to sell tickets??

Masive Events don't announce guests unless they have a signed contract and your accusation that they did anything wrong is completely unfair.

Appearances are always subject to work commitments and unfortunately as soon as he landed the role of Albin in Le Cage Aux Folles his appearance at the Hub was always a little unlikely. If I were him I woudln't want to spend my one off day at what would have been a very very exhausting convention given that he would have had to fit everything that everyone else is doing in two days into one. I know that Burn did it but Bill Sykes is a tiny role compared to Albin/Za Za.

I look forward to seeing him at Collectormania London after the run is ended. Hopefully they'll do a photoshot as I'd love a photo with him in my sparkly number I bought for the show.

Just saw an email in my inbox from the OfficialBarrowmanNews yahoo group saying that John won't be able to make it to Hub 3. :(

Personally I think this was inevitable from the moment John was announced in La Cage back in May so I can't say I'm surprised. Still at least he is booked for Collectormania instead on the Sunday - which is the day after closing night at La Cage and should be convenient travel wise etc for him.