Hot Topic Stall?

Clairbear

There was a Twilight T-shirt I wanted from Hot Topic, and when my friend who I'm bringing to the next con with me said she was going to USA I was going to ask if she'd get it for me next month whilst she was there - and now they've sold out of it.

I will officially cry!!

There was a Twilight T-shirt I wanted from Hot Topic, and when my friend who I'm bringing to the next con with me said she was going to USA I was going to ask if she'd get it for me next month whilst she was there - and now they've sold out of it.

I will officially cry!!

They have probably just run out in the warehouse, Ange... individual stores will probably still have some stock left. :D

with me having 2 trips to the states in the summer... i am so getting a load of stuff to bring back home from hot topic. so even if theres not a stall... i can see about selling some stuff without the hassle of customs charging. i didnt even see the point in the lousy jewellery stalls at the dealers room. and why wasnt there any stalls with tshirts n stuff? other cons ive been to have had them. grrrr

I was on Hot Topic's website all last night looking for new t-shirts.

Me and Mel were "legends" at ET1 according to several people for our t-shirts that we made. Even Peter liked them.

might jsut make t-shirts this time again. It's cheeper lol.

I ordered tshirts from Zazzle and after 46 days I still don't have them, but their service is pretty good and I am getting my money back.

I also had the option to get the t shirts reprinted and reshipped, but obviously it is too late to wear them for ET1 :D so I decided to get the money back. At least they are nice, apologized and I think we agreed they must have gotten lost "in transaction"

Edited by Aakerman

The "random unrelated jewellery" stall belongs to Caroline who is Derek's partner one of the event organisers!!! So I am assuming that YES she will be back and selling her jewellery.

I actually wore her necklaces most of the weekend including for my photoshoots she has an amazing collection that I love to pieces, and if anyone sees something very nice and unique they can grab it and wear it for the parties, or like me, to a photoshoot! I love having a jewellery stall at the event and if Caroline wasn't there I'd very VERY upset, :P

I understand that people want more Twilight related merchandise at these things, but that's up to what the dealers bring, not up to ME, or that was my understanding of the matter anyway. Dealer's ask ME for stall space, they get it, they come along and sell what they like.

I never spend a lot of time in the dealers room to be honest, I only ever go in to check out the 10x8s and I know that Marky G and the guys had a huge collection of them at this event, including *coughs* some awesome collage photos *coughs* lol.

But I guess we can only wait and see what dealers will be there for ET2!!!

SJ

xox

Caroline had some fab stuff and I'm sure that after seeing how popular Twilight is she'll do her best to get her hands on some related jewelery for ET2. I really wish I'd seen her stall sooner. Her stuff was lovely and I was disappointed I copuldn't get a silver Heroes thingy (she only had gold) Still there's always the internet :P

As for Hot Topic, I just think so long as merchandise is more widly available to us in the UK, we shouldn't be too fussed who the seller is!

As far as I understand, ME don't get to pick what goes in the dealers room - it just depends on which vendor applies to rent a spot there. As great as it would be to get Hot Topic stuff there, it seems unlikely that the store would send a representative all that way just to vend on a dealers stand. It would be quite risky for ME to have their own Hot Topic stall, as it would mean an initial outlay of cash for stock that they might now sell (unlikely with a hotel full of twilighters, but still a consideration). And unless Hot Topic have a system in place to supply other retailers, they probably don't have a bulk/cost price for their items, so even if they did allow their stuff to be sold on, ME would have to buy it at retail prices and then stick on a mark-up to allow for their costs.

I didn't mean to insult anyone with the 'random unrelated jewellery' comment, I just meant that if we could have that, could we try to have a HT stall...a play one or a forbidden planet one! It would be so good, but I'd definitely spend waaaaay too much money ;)

Yeah, they should do a hot topic stall - it would be great! The forbidden planet near where I live is constantly sold out - its so hard to get twilight merch!

At Least Your One has Twilight Merch

The One In Belfast Sux

Absolutley Nothing a Part from one Edward Cullen Figure

ONE!

And My Sister Bought It

and Rubbed it in My Face

Its Depressing :(

Staying On Subject

Bring A Hot Topic Stall

Cus I Cnt Afford P&P On A Tenner a Week :D

Edited by Im-A-Future-Wombat

What about forbidden planet?

That's where I got my new calendar from, it arrived today... :D

17967800.jpg

But it says it is produced by Neca, so there is another stall option... they also do the Twilight action figures. :D

Starbuck hope you don't mind me asking,but did you order this online? because i have ordered from them too ages ago. I rung them and a while back and they said they were out of stock of all the twilight merch :D so i am beginning to wonder if my order will ever turn up now..

Btw i so support the idea of this stall :wub:

What about forbidden planet?

That's where I got my new calendar from, it arrived today... :D

Starbuck hope you don't mind me asking, but did you order this online? because i have ordered from them too ages ago. I rung them and a while back and they said they were out of stock of all the twilight merch :D so i am beginning to wonder if my order will ever turn up now..

They must be getting stock back in now, because the calendar actually arrived before the release date stated on the pre-order... but it wasn't listed as a pre-order to start with, but it was after I ordered... does that make sense? LOL :D

I would try & contact them again, because they are obviously getting stock back in now. :D