Your Event Feedback

DavidB

• Showmasters Admin

Last, I bought a second round of autographs on Saturday after I'd already gotten one of my Gold pass autographs. I was told that I had to wait until Sunday afternoon to get my second one, even though the line for Christian was very short and my Gold pass group number had already been called. So I waited, but when I went to the open call thing, I was livid to find out that there were no personalisations. I bought mine for my best friend, and all the others had been personalised. I'd paid £10, so there really wasn't any point in not letting me get the autograph the day before because it was already paid for. Luckily, I very calmly explained to the person running the table that this was for my best friend in America who had no way of getting here for this, and that the people running the lines on Saturday had never informed me that there would be no personalisations at the open call (nor had the people running the registration booth when I told them I'd already gotten one of my autograph sessions done). Luckily, Christian was super nice and personalised it for my besty. It just really irritated me that I'd paid £10 for this autograph AND bought another photo to get signed, but I wasn't going to get a personalised photo. So my suggestion would be to change that or make sure everyone is very well informed that photos will NOT be personalised if you get them done during an open call.

I'm afraid that is the rule. You only get to go down the queue ONCE until it's OPEN QUEUE. It was in the"How things work" sheet in your reg pack. This is so that we make sure that everyone gets to see the guest at least once. Just because the queue is short rigt then does not mean there are not other people that have NOT seen the guest yet on their way. If there had been no queue at all I'd see your point but sorry the crew did the right thing. How would you feel if someone else had got to go down twice and that had meant you got missed?

I'm sorry you got caught up in the no personalisation thing with Christian. It was nothing to do with it being open queue. Peter, Kellan and Ashley had open queues and still did personalisations. We made the decision to stop personalisations all day on Sunday because we did not feel we would get everyone through if we allowed them. It's not something we do lightly but as Christian arrived very late we had no choice.

Stuart.

Edited by Too Tall

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin personalised everyones that asked as far as I was aware, he wrote LA PUSH BABY all over my book.

Peter said he liked me rofl and then carried on drawing in my book, was drawing a little vampire and the woman said he had to stop so he just has a weird smiley face instead.

as this topic is now 7pages long!!!! and this quote is from the bottom of page 1, I wouldn't be surprised if it has already been answered however I can't read another 6pages right now!!!! :P

I was sorting out Justin's Q on Saturday and there were 2 groups that were meant to go through on Saturday that had to wait until Sunday. The photoshoot over ran and things were a little delayed so on Sunday (I was manning Peter's Q, adjacent), at some point, the decision was made not to allow personalisations. this was to ensure that every attendee received their autograph from Justin rather than continue personalisations and then there would be attendees that hadn't got to meet Justin and get his auto as he would not have gotten through all the groups by the end of the session at 3pm :thumbup:

it is a shame not to get your name or a message on an auto, but at the same time, it is better to have met him and got his swiggle :( than not met him at all if the session was over at 3pm and you hadn't been down the Q :D

surfy sah xx

Justin personalised everyones that asked as far as I was aware, he wrote LA PUSH BABY all over my book.

Peter said he liked me rofl and then carried on drawing in my book, was drawing a little vampire and the woman said he had to stop so he just has a weird smiley face instead.

as this topic is now 7pages long!!!! and this quote is from the bottom of page 1, I wouldn't be surprised if it has already been answered however I can't read another 6pages right now!!!! :D

I was sorting out Justin's Q on Saturday and there were 2 groups that were meant to go through on Saturday that had to wait until Sunday. The photoshoot over ran and things were a little delayed so on Sunday (I was manning Peter's Q, adjacent), at some point, the decision was made not to allow personalisations. this was to ensure that every attendee received their autograph from Justin rather than continue personalisations and then there would be attendees that hadn't got to meet Justin and get his auto as he would not have gotten through all the groups by the end of the session at 3pm B)

it is a shame not to get your name or a message on an auto, but at the same time, it is better to have met him and got his swiggle :D than not met him at all if the session was over at 3pm and you hadn't been down the Q B)

surfy sah xx

Did u mean to quote me :P Cus i said that he did personalise mine :D

What was that little room opposite the exit of the photoshoot room?

It had bright green carpet but I didn't want to go in incase it was an exclusive room or something.

Also,

How did some people get VIP passes, and what made them different to Gold?

What was that little room opposite the exit of the photoshoot room

Bag collection? By the bright green carpet though I would think it must have been the meadow room......so cool!

How did some people get VIP passes

The VIP passes (I think) are people who are there as guests of the guests and ME.

It had bright green carpet but I didn't want to go in incase it was an exclusive room or something.

It was the meadow room - it was all set up with rocks and twigs and stuff, with cushions around the edge so you could sit and chill and talk about the book. Very cool, but we almost missed it - it needs a bigger sign next time.

I have to echo the people who have said we need more to do while we're waiting. Even a Twilight quiz or wordsearch in the packs would be a nice idea. And maybe some cardboard cutouts of the cast dotted around the waiting areas to get our photos taken with (one of Edward would have been fab for prom too - all these women dressed up to the nines and barely a man in sight). I'm guessing it's really hard to have the film showing on a screen, as some people have suggested, because technically that would break the copyright rules of a home use only DVD. What might work is to have a Twilight spoof competition before the con, then show the entries on a big screen.

Also think a roped off VIP area at the parties would work, with maybe a screen to disappear behind to give them a break from the camera flashes, just so the guests can mingle as much or as little as they choose to. If not, then it might be a better idea to just have the guests open the parties - everyone would get to see them but the guests would be safely up on stage and free to go when they wished.

It was the meadow room - it was all set up with rocks and twigs and stuff, with cushions around the edge so you could sit and chill and talk about the book. Very cool, but we almost missed it - it needs a bigger sign next time.

I have to echo the people who have said we need more to do while we're waiting. Even a Twilight quiz or wordsearch in the packs would be a nice idea. And maybe some cardboard cutouts of the cast dotted around the waiting areas to get our photos taken with (one of Edward would have been fab for prom too - all these women dressed up to the nines and barely a man in sight). I'm guessing it's really hard to have the film showing on a screen, as some people have suggested, because technically that would break the copyright rules of a home use only DVD. What might work is to have a Twilight spoof competition before the con, then show the entries on a big screen.

Also think a roped off VIP area at the parties would work, with maybe a screen to disappear behind to give them a break from the camera flashes, just so the guests can mingle as much or as little as they choose to. If not, then it might be a better idea to just have the guests open the parties - everyone would get to see them but the guests would be safely up on stage and free to go when they wished.

Excellent ideas Timpe :P

What worked well?

-the crewmembers were very helpful, even though there were a lot of things going on they listened and tryed to help you.

-decorations and stuff like the surfing board on the la push party were fun!

What could have been improved?

-more activities that's not focused on the guests!

like a room with vampire movies rolling, workshops, quizzez, fun facts about the movie and books, or just something about the saga rather than the guests. it will probably reduce the hype over the guests aswell.

-as someone else mentioned, the crew could probably use a megaphone or something when they yell out groupnumbers and such.

What you would like to see added to the next con?

-jackson rathbone!! hehe ;)

-more things to do while you're not at a signing/photoshoot

-competitions for best outfit at the parties?

thanks for a great weekend! can't wait for the next convent in october, i bet it will be even better than the first one ;);)

I'd like to take my comments back regarding the idea of an over 18s only party...

The reasons I had for saying that in the first place was that I remembered a specific group of girls (more than one group of girls really) who were doing the crowding and generally being a nuisance - and a b*tchy nuisance at that, they seemed to be giving death stares to everybody who wasn't in their little cliques...)

also the ID situation at the bar, which could be solved just by making sure people get ID'd - I don't want to be a killjoy because I drank before it was legal (shock horror! in this country!) but there were a couple of younger people who were a bit of a mess...

But then theres so many people on here who are under 21 and under 18 who were absolutely brilliant and enjoyed themselves at the parties, and it totally wouldnt be fair to make them miss out just because some people were determined to make the convention some weird kind of high school situation. So I'm sorry for offending anyone who is younger and has no reason whatsoever to be turned away after 9pm!

Maybe we could have a 3 strike system put in place...

hog the guest or more than 5 minutes - strike 1

take pics and ask for autographs - strike 2

buy the guest a drink - minus one strike ha

touch the guest up - 3 strikes - YOU OUTTA THERE! ;)

then again, if peter was announced for the second con you'd have to ask yourself whether those 3 strikes might be worth it...;)

For those that missed The Meadow Room, it looked like this... ;)

n625985091_6062316_7714298.jpg

hog the guest or more than 5 minutes - strike 1

take pics and ask for autographs - strike 2

buy the guest a drink - minus one strike ha

touch the guest up - 3 strikes - YOU OUTTA THERE!

So as long as you've bought the guest a drink you can touch them up and only be on 2 strikes! I like your thinking!!!! ;);)

then again, if peter was announced for the second con you'd have to ask yourself whether those 3 strikes might be worth it...

very very very very true!!!!!! ;)

Edited by Dum dumdum Dum

Submissions for being the Peterguard are now being taken ;)

did I mention that saving the guests from a pawing is worth minus 17 strikes? Just think of what you'd need to do to get thrown out after that!:(

Uh...I think I may have my priorities slightly wrong for this job...

Edited by banjolele

Stuart was AMAZING over the weekend, especially on Sunday with the Belgians who point-blank refused to move out of the gold area, even though they only had standard tickets! :(

He was also really sweet & kept asking Luke how he was & making sure he was enjoying himself... we love you, Too Tall!!! ;)

• Showmasters Admin

Stuart was AMAZING over the weekend, especially on Sunday with the Belgians who point-blank refused to move out of the gold area, even though they only had standard tickets! ;)

He was also really sweet & kept asking Luke how he was & making sure he was enjoying himself... we love you, Too Tall!!! :(

The Belgians pretty much knew the game was up once I got there. They may try it on with the crew (which annoyed the hell out of me) so when I got to them I did have my "you really do not wanted to mess with me" face on. And that gets though ANY language barrier.

Luke was cool. I'm very aware it must be a very odd environment for kids.

I bet that was confusing when calling names out, though you look nothing alike.. ;):(

Was even more confusing when we had another orgniser called Stuart too. Even though he's about 5'6" and Scottish. IT would still have caused issues so I became known at the shows by my forum name. So that everyone knew which one people were asking for.

Once Luke got past the screaming in the opening seremony & Jason asked everyone to tone it down a bit, he was fine. :(

He had a great time & wants to come again with me in October, but I said he has to keep his room tidy first! :(;)

• Showmasters Admin

Once Luke got past the screaming in the opening seremony & Jason asked everyone to tone it down a bit, he was fine. :(

He had a great time & wants to come again with me in October, but I said he has to keep his room tidy first! :(;)

Good mum tactics there :(

For Too Tall!!!!

Thank you so much for making my first Eternal Twilight convention the best experience ever!!!

I already reserved my silver pass for the next ET in october and can't wait to get to England and gorgeous Northampton again!!!! By the way, I loved your "St Edwards Hospital" t-shirt!!!

To the rest of the crew attending....thank you so much for everything!!!!

IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs, Priscilla