THE TERMINATOR 25th Anniversary reunion

nicky

I think a great theme this year (probably for LFCC 09) would be "The Terminator" movies (yeah, that's right MOVIES! Remember them?!) seeing as it's 25 yrs since the 1984 original and Terminator: Salvation hits cinemas in May 2009.

We're still waiting for regular canceller, Michael Biehn (Reese) back and also a 1st appearence from Bill Paxton (Punk) but it would also be great if we could get:

T1:

Linda Hamilton...Sarah Connor

Earl Boen...Dr. Silberman (also T2 and T3)

Lance Henricksen...Lt Ed Vukovich (also Aliens, Near Dark, AvP)

Bess Motta...Ginger

Rick Rossovich...Matt (also Top Gun and Navy SEALS)

Dick Miller...Gun store owner (also Gremlins 1+2)

Brian Thomson...Punk (Also Cobra, X-Files, Enterprise, Buffy)

William Wisher...Co-writer of T1 and T2 (also cop in car, "This is 1L-19.")

Gale Anne Hurd...Producer/co-writer and ex-Mrs Cameron #1 (also Aliens, T2, The Abyss, Armageddon, Hulk and Punisher)

T2:

Edward Furlong...John Connnor

Robert Patrick...T-1000

Joe Morton...Miles Dyson (also Eureka, Speed, Smallville, Blues Brothers 2000)

Jenette Goldstein...John's foster mum (also Aliens, Near Dark, Titanic)

Xander Berkley...John's foster dad (also 24 and CSI)

Then there's T3 but I dont think people really care about that one unless it's Nick Stahl, Clare Danes or Kristanna Loken. Then if you wanna push it further there's The TV show but I don't consider that canon to the Terminator universe. Obviously no Arnie or Jimbo Cameron. I guess you could have guests from T4 but it wont have been around long enough to fully appreciate it or have built up a fanbase.

Terminator-Poster.jpgTerminator2poster.jpgTerminator_3_Rise_of_the_Machines_movie.jpg

Here's part of my Hot Toys 1/6 fig collection:

display001.jpg

2382.jpg

Edited by nicky

Terminator 1:

Brian Thompson

Terminator 2 - Judgement Day:

Edward Furlong

Termintor 3 - Rise of the Machines:

Claire Danes

Terminator 4 - The Slavation:

Christian Bale

Terminator - The Sarah Connor Chronicles:

Andy Umberger (Davidson)

Levin Rambin (Riley)

Edited by Daniel

Linda Hamilton has done events like this before, so it's feasible - although I do wonder how economically viable she'd be with the exchange rate as it is....

Nicky do you have general Cameron-love, or is it just Aliens / Terminator? I am *so* stoked for Avatar... can't wait for it to rape my eyeballs in Imax!

Nicky do you have general Cameron-love, or is it just Aliens / Terminator? I am *so* stoked for Avatar... can't wait for it to rape my eyeballs in Imax!

Yeah, it's only really Aliens and The Terminator/T2 that I'm a fan of but he is in general an important director to me having given me two of my favourite ever franchises. I actually think though he's a better writer than director - some of his direction just seems quite "simple" and they feel like B movies (esp his earlier films even Aliens)...but really good ones.

Looking fwd to Avatar too as it's his return (to sci-fi of all things) but I'm worried that it'll be really complex or dark and mature like The Abyss and not the usual fanboy sf blast 'em up he did with Aliens/Terminator. I wish he'd do something about Alien 5 too.

Aliensguests059.jpgT-800003.jpg

Edited by nicky

Terminator would be a great theme this year. There's a few guests id like from the movies, but mainly due to other roles that they've had.

Id love Robert Patrick more than anyone, for T2, The X Files and Stargate Atlantis. Kristanna Loken mainly for Mortal Kombat Conquest. Bill Paxton for Aliens. Michael Biehn for Aliens

Id also like any of the main cast from the Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Great idea but not so great the tv show part.

I consider it cannon as much i do Star Wars The Holiday Special.

Im up for Michael Biehn making an appearance at any show just so he can add his scribble to my Quentin Tarantino signed GRINDHOUSE book.

He was great in Planet Terror.

Edited by vintageSW77

Michael Biehn has to make an appearance sometime this year!

...and Robert Patrick!!!

It's such an obvious chance for Biehn to appear - I know he's been rumoured for a small role in Avatar, but I can't believe he's not going to make a few appearances on the back of the new Terminator film. Normally I'd go for a movie poster, but I know I'll never get Arnie in a million years, so instead I'm aiming to get this signed : -

26894.jpg

Edited by MikeDonovan

Biehn - I know he's been rumoured for a small role in Avatar, but I can't believe he's not going to make a few appearances on the back of the new Terminator film. Normally I'd go for a movie poster, but I know I'll never get Arnie in a million years, so instead I'm aiming to get this signed : -

Biehn is not ionvolved with Avatar, he answered that question on imdb (back when he used to post on his board). Jentte Goldstein auditioned but didnt get the part she told me.

If this reunion goes ahead and I'd get a T1 poster even without Arnie, but there'd have to be a decent calibre and number of guests to make up for his absence but I understand why you woudnt buy one. My Raiders poster only has 3 sigs on but all main characters so thats OK.

Edited by nicky