Guest Cancellation - Dwight Schultz

showmasters

I cant believe showmasters would have cancelled dwight, it doesnt seem right ???:headscratch:

How so? Cancellations, even repeat ones happen all the time.

he was announced on the flyers at the first midlands show, many people have booked travel & accomodation to meet him, if he disrepects his fans by waiting till so late to cancel he shouldnt be invited back ever.

If SM did that for every guest that cancelled I dont think there'd be much choice to choose from.

I know Dwight, and have it on very good authority from someone who knows him even better that cancelling this late was very unfortunate and something that just couldnt be helped.

Don't forget that Dirk is living in England at the moment and this was also an opportunity for Dwight to come and visit Dirk as well considering how good friends they are.

So I'd imagine Dirk is as gutted as all of us.

Dirk only mentioned Dwight coming to England 10 days ago on UK TV so he was expecting him to.

I know alot of people are disappointed as I am sure Dwight is to, I have a 9yr old who is heartbroken Dwight can't come, but my 9yr old loves Dwight and respects Dwight and knows he must of had a very good reason to cancel. Dwight does respect his fans please dont say he doesn't.

We still have Dirk,

Jo

P.S Dear Teabelly83 I hope you are ok as I know from chatting to you how excited you were. You still have Dirk he's worth it believe me and please believe Dwight is a top guy who didn't do this on purpose. My 9yr olds tears are flooding but he still cares and respects Dwight.

I cant believe showmasters would have cancelled dwight, it doesnt seem right ???:headscratch:

Hi I dont think Dirk will cancel as he is living in England at present.

If he was coming from the US with Dwight he may of done, but he is here living in the UK.

Just try not to scare him of every one with being mad at Dwight, that may put him off.

Anyway if SM get enough cigars together I'm sure Dirk will show up :angry:

If Dirk does cancel he'll miss out on a cool gift from my 9yr old so come on positive vibes and believe and Dirk will be there.

thanks for that jod, altho im in2minds whether to travel all that way now for jst dirk. i woul;dnt mind meeting dreyfuss, but as u knw my main wants wee dirk AND dwight. as most on here. sadly i ffeel depressed now.

and yes i do understand about why he canceled. they always have a reason so as a fan i aint guna condem him, i jst feel disapointed. it would have been a cool event with the a team van, vet and both cast ther.e

so i dont knw whether to come now, i mean, i was looking at a hotel, plus train fare, food money, autos etc. i dont know now..mmmm..

I know Teabelly our house is gutted to, You'll save some money on the Dwight stuff and maybe you could spend more on the Dirk stuff. :P

Sure dealers will have some cool A-Team things to.

I'm so sorry you are disappointed,

Take Care

Jo

yeah i haev thought of still goin obviously with me now already have bought the tkt. i not got photoshoots yet tho which was lucky. so im stil thinking of goin, not as 100% as b4 tho. i might travel down on the day of the show now instead if igo, instead of goin the nite b4.

i still wana meet dirk so i might end up goin, its jst alot to ask and fatr to travel for 1 guest.

or jst hold out n hope to see em together at another show in future?

• Moderators

It's always best to see guests while you know you can. Personally I've waited on a few that either have never come back, or unfortunately have slightly more finite reasons for never attending again.

It's always best to see guests while you know you can. Personally I've waited on a few that either have never come back, or unfortunately have slightly more finite reasons for never attending again.

yeah thats the 1 reason why im still thinking of goin, as dirk is still attending i really wana meet him still , and i guess ican get a photo signed frm dreyfuss and some pics of the a team van and corvette.

i was jst guna come the nite b4 aswel get a hotel etc, but now i might jst travel on the day. aslong as i can get there in good time to meet the two guests i mentioned and get a photoshoot with dirk.

i need to look at train station for time of travel to cov from hull. see how earlier train id need.

thanks for that jod, altho im in2minds whether to travel all that way now for jst dirk. i woul;dnt mind meeting dreyfuss, but as u knw my main wants wee dirk AND dwight. as most on here. sadly i ffeel depressed now.

and yes i do understand about why he canceled. they always have a reason so as a fan i aint guna condem him, i jst feel disapointed. it would have been a cool event with the a team van, vet and both cast ther.e

so i dont knw whether to come now, i mean, i was looking at a hotel, plus train fare, food money, autos etc. i dont know now..mmmm..

oh mate you have to still go you have wante dthis for ages and youve been so excited you know ive been dying to meet the pair but im still going to meet and get pics done with dirk dont feel too disappointed

oh mate you have to still go you have wante dthis for ages and youve been so excited you know ive been dying to meet the pair but im still going to meet and get pics done with dirk dont feel too disappointed

yeah iknow, i still really wana meet dirk so will wait till my entrance tkts come and see,. i will need to go to train station and see about tkts there, might come down on the morning of the show instead of forking out for a hotel now.

Well, looks like many people wont be going now because of this news, im not sure if me and my girlfriend will be traveling to this one, (we always go manchester but we dont even get that this year!)

i guess its up to the 'big name' that hasnt been added yet, if there is inface a big name to add ill have to wait and see

Well that just sucks big time!

I am sure Dwight couldnt help it, but that does put a huge dent into the whole show, which was always really geared around the double act of Dirk and Dwight.

Showmasters, I hope you have one BIG rabbit ready to pull out of your hat, otherwise I sense a bleak future for future Midlands shows after this one!

Hey ive been a critic but even i would have to say that writing off Midlands as a show in the future because of shortcomings (percieved or otherwise) is a bit harsh.

The first Midlands show was amazing, maybe the answer is to only run one a year, who knows....people with more clout than i anyway :WINCE:

Blimey i just defended SM :D

I think the person who put that Dwight should never be invited back ever because he's had to cancel this time, was overly harsh and I met him in Manchester in 2006, he was one of the friendliest guest I have met, so I totally disagree with not inviting him back. He was pleasant, he made an effort to talk to the fans and make time for them and we shook hands before I left. I didn't have a professional photo done with them but just one with Dwight when I got his autograph.

I was kinda put off a bit by Dirk from what I heard about him only being interested in chatting up the ladies there, but that aside, I'll definitely go and meet him this time. It's a second chance to so I'm going to take it.

I admit I am disappointed at some of the cancellations, but if it happens it happens, I'm still going, I promised my mum a photoshoot with Mr Dreyfuss as well as a day out, so I'm going to make the best of it and enjoy it! :)

Matt

he was announced on the flyers at the first midlands show, many people have booked travel & accomodation to meet him, if he disrepects his fans by waiting till so late to cancel he shouldnt be invited back ever.

I'm afraid that is such a ridiculously self-centred view of the situation that I cannot let it go unchallenged. It is very probable that whatever has cropped up has only done so very recently, and couldn't be avoided.

I have no knowledge of why Dwight cancelled, and no desire to know, but whether these things be work-related or family/personal-related, I'm sure that he has good reason for not coming.

I'm afraid that is such a ridiculously self-centred view of the situation that I cannot let it go unchallenged. It is very probable that whatever has cropped up has only done so very recently, and couldn't be avoided.

I have no knowledge of why Dwight cancelled, and no desire to know, but whether these things be work-related or family/personal-related, I'm sure that he has good reason for not coming.

I pity the fool that challenges my ridiculously self centred statement.

• Showmasters Admin

Last time these 2 were booked Dirk cancelled so SM cancelled Dwight as it wasnt worthwhile having one without the other... do we think the same will happen again?

no this is not quite true

we lost one and the other felt it was not worth going so the other cancelled that was what happened

i hope this clears this up

jason

Last time these 2 were booked Dirk cancelled so SM cancelled Dwight as it wasnt worthwhile having one without the other... do we think the same will happen again?

no this is not quite true

we lost one and the other felt it was not worth going so the other cancelled that was what happened

i hope this clears this up

jason

fair do's, i guess i read it wrong or remembered it wrong at least... was a while ago, ive slept since then!

thanks for answering tho Jason, ill prob come see Dirk still then

I doubt he double booked, he was announced 8 months ago then cancels 11 days before the show and then he is announced on a diff show that runs 310ct-2nov. a pretty rubbish show i might add.

i stand by my previous statement, he made a fool out of sm and his fans. i pity the fools.

I'm sure he has good reason for cancelling. I met him in Manchester in 2006 and thought he was lovely. He was really chatty and friendly and seemed genuinely happy to be there.

To quote Draven "it's a darn shame" he can't make it. But we still have Dirk so I'm happy. :P

• Showmasters Admin

Hey ive been a critic but even i would have to say that writing off Midlands as a show in the future because of shortcomings (percieved or otherwise) is a bit harsh.

The first Midlands show was amazing, maybe the answer is to only run one a year, who knows....people with more clout than i anyway ;)

Blimey i just defended SM :headscratch:

yes jakeblue did defend us, and i found it ;) and you are right, writing off Midlands after 2 events is just silly and will not happen

we will get it right in the end, we have some planes going out at this event showing you what we have planed for next year so we are comited to Collectormania Midlands

see you there maybe mate

jason :dance:

yes its a pity that dwight had to cancel. i would have loved to talk to him again,

but maybe i will see him next year.he is great to his fans and i know that because i have

seen him 4 times now and im seeing dirk for the 5th time. when dwight schultz en dirk benedict are

coming again.i will be there. :unsure:

janneke