HALLOWHEDON!

slaycandy

• Showmasters Admin

hallowhedon.jpg

HALLOWHEDON

The website is now online for Massive Events' latest 3-day event, "Hallowhedon" - a 3 day event for fans of the various Joss Whedon TV series! For full details on the dates, venue and guests check out the website!

SJ

xox

Edited by slaycandy

There used to be a lot of buffy/angel cons in the uk running from around 2001 (most very successful), they have been much missed by a lot of us.

I think the advantage of a full con is that you get to spend more time than the usual 5 mins at a signing event and you have 3 days of q&a, photos and autos and its not so rushed and more time to chat to fellow fans and the guests, and if you get a free auto included in your price ticket better value as well compared to £15 or £20 a time.In the past the guests hang out with you at parties too so you get to have more of a chat with them as well, but dont expect this every time. much preferred to signing events in my opinion. Guess it depends on how devoted you are to a show/film. I know i probably wouldnt be too bothered about a con for a lot of shows but when it comes to buffy/angel cons beat your 5 mins signing all the way.!

Edited by buffy2k

There used to be a lot of buffy/angel cons in the uk running from around 2001 (most very successful), they have been much missed by a lot of us.

Sorry to correct you hun :) but there have been Buffy cons and events since, at least, 1999. It might even be technically earlier as I can't quite remember the first time a guest came to one of the meets at Page's Bar.

Full weekend cons are a different animal to signing events. They're a better way to get to know the other fans and form a community of like-minded people. Big signing events tend to rely on you either just being there to meet the guests or already knowing a group of people to meet up with. Weekend cons are more like a three day long party in celebration of a show. If you enjoy a good party and meeting like-minded people then you'll definitely dig a weekend con. If it's just all about the guests for you then you'll still have a good time but you'll miss half of the point of getting a load of fans together in a single space for three days.

As for guests coming to the parties, it's my experience that it's far healthier for the head and the heart to assume that they wont, and then be pleasantly surprised if they do. Come into it wanting to hang out with fellow fans and expecting only to meet the guests at the scheduled parts, that way you wont fail to have a great experience. Everything else is then a bonus that sits like a cherry on top of an already wonderful cake. :)

And, in reply to what this thread started out about, love the website SJ!

Edited by erykah

Exactly, well said hun.

Oh yes and i forgot about Pages, knew you'd remember this i guess i was going date wise from the other organiser we know and for proper cons, i didnt know they went this far back - damn even more i missed then!

Nicky x

:YAHOO:

Edited by buffy2k

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I so want to come to this, and was looking forward to being able to book my ticket after it turns out my Christmas flight home is not nearly as expensive as I expected... and then my stoopid car springs a radiator leak which is probably gonna blow my flight money and then some *cries*