To The people who organised the shoots

jollygman

It'd be great if we could just get a code or something and pick up the photos from a web site. I'm really not that fussed about having them printed out - I only scan them back in again when I get home always - and that's a lossy process when they were taken by a digital camera in the first place!

Problem with that is that people paid for a photo. They expect to be handed an actual photo at the end of it. Not everyone scans their photos and puts them on websites

The photos were a little slow to come back on Sunday and I spent 3 hrs wandering around aimlessly waiting for them!

Actually, some of the photos were very quick to come back towards the end of the day. The ones that were done between 3:45-4 were back by 5:10. That's a little over an hour, and it usually takes about two.

We had one woman cycling to and from Boots about a mile away, so I think she did a remarkable job of keeping up :dance: In fact, she was faster than the printer! LOL :thumbup:

I was the mental cyclist for this weekend and I covered the best part of 25 miles over the two days. My apologies if some people thought I was slow it was my 1st time crewing and after the 8 runs I did on the Saturday, it was very fortunate that my legs were even working Sunday.

Thank you for all the kind comments that have been made to me personally or forum wise.

If anyone thinks they can do better, sign up to crew and bring your bike next year. I had a wonderful time doing it and the weekend went by really quickly.

:YAHOO::YAHOO::dance::YAHOO::YAHOO:

Michelle

To those asking for them to be printed in house, I just dont think it's practical. yes at weekend conventions it's often done, but there are far fewer photos being printed. There must have been thousands of photos printed this weekend and there's no way in house photo printers could have coped with that kind of volume, and for the price, photo printer inks are extremely expensive and it would affect the price we pay for our photos I would think.

I was the mental cyclist for this weekend and I covered the best part of 25 miles over the two days. My apologies if some people thought I was slow it was my 1st time crewing and after the 8 runs I did on the Saturday, it was very fortunate that my legs were even working Sunday.

You were very good at it too, though a bit mad! :thumbup:

You were riding back in just as I was leaving on sunday and shouted something about my Claudia photo. Id picked the new one up so assuming you were letting me know just incase id forgotten lol..knowing my luck, the other one will have turned up too at the end of the day!

The photos were a little slow to come back on Sunday and I spent 3 hrs wandering around aimlessly waiting for them!

Actually, some of the photos were very quick to come back towards the end of the day. The ones that were done between 3:45-4 were back by 5:10. That's a little over an hour, and it usually takes about two.

We had one woman cycling to and from Boots about a mile away, so I think she did a remarkable job of keeping up :dance: In fact, she was faster than the printer! LOL ;)

Thank you for all the kind comments that have been made to me personally or forum wise.

If anyone thinks they can do better, sign up to crew and bring your bike next year. I had a wonderful time doing it and the weekend went by really quickly.

;):dance::dance::D:YAHOO:

Michelle

Thank you so much, and great cycling - you did a great job getting all those photos back to us before we left on Sunday, and I couldnt believe I was able to go home with the photos I had done less than 2 hours earlier! :YAHOO:

I was having great trouble trying to describe myself on one of those forms to have my pics posted out to me (turns out we decided I have no distinguishing features)!!

We had one woman cycling to and from Boots about a mile away, so I think she did a remarkable job of keeping up :dance: In fact, she was faster than the printer! LOL :uhoh:

:D:D:dance:;);)

Michelle

Thank you for doing all those trips. I hope you now get a nice rest

I'd like to add my thanks to the people running the photo shots, from the ladies who looked after our bags, to "Wookie" (Sorry, I don't know your real name!) who organised the collections!

Great job folks! :P

Thank you! My name is Luke by the way :WINCE:

Very slow on Sunday, can Jason invest in a printer please.

You being serious??? Quality issues come to mind

Yes I am serious, the amount of events that he does and he still relies on contracting from outside. Do you know for sure that quality issues would be worse this way and he would save that poor woman cycling for miles just to get to the printers and back :D . SFX stall were printing fake covers for free during the sunday afternoon till about 5pm and other organisors do it so it can be done.

To those asking for them to be printed in house, I just dont think it's practical. yes at weekend conventions it's often done, but there are far fewer photos being printed. There must have been thousands of photos printed this weekend and there's no way in house photo printers could have coped with that kind of volume, and for the price, photo printer inks are extremely expensive and it would affect the price we pay for our photos I would think.

Have you actually researched the costs and capabilities or just discounted it alltogether? You think or you would think if you could. :P

Small household printers are not what I am on about but Jason does several of these big events a year around the UK so as it stands at the moment he has to negotiate with several different printer businesses. The logistics must be a nightmare to sort out.

Anyhoo. Well done for the wonderful organisors including the strangely bossy lady with purple hair, I was looking in my bag for the photoshoot ticket so it was kind of ;) to tell me I needed a photoshoot ticket: some of you had that crazed look in your eyes due to lack of food and sleep deprivation by the sunday afternoon. :D Thank you for giving your time and sanity. :P

Yes I am serious, the amount of events that he does and he still relies on contracting from outside. Do you know for sure that quality issues would be worse this way and he would save that poor woman cycling for miles just to get to the printers and back ;) . SFX stall were printing fake covers for free during the sunday afternoon till about 5pm and other organisors do it so it can be done.

It's thoughtful to think someone didn't want me cycling miles, but I did volunteer to do so - I found it refreshing to know that was going to be my job all weekend compared to turning up and being randomly allocated like everyone else. :D

Michelle