Dr Who - WHAT AN EPISODE!

Kiwi 7

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daleks talking german, Gwen being decended from Gwynneth, and setting up Mickey going into Torchwood - what's not to like ?

... actually the "other" doctor living happily ever after with Rose, the most stereotypical german woman ever, and not enough Jackie.

But a thoroughly enjoyable episode !

Daleks talking german, Gwen being decended from Gwynneth, and setting up Mickey going into Torchwood - what's not to like ?

... actually the "other" doctor living happily ever after with Rose, the most stereotypical german woman ever, and not enough Jackie.

I agree, this episode had absolutely everything. :YAHOO:

Not a fan of Mickey joining Torchwood either. David Tennant was brilliant in this episode, loved when he was mimicking Donna. Not a fan of the Rose scene on the beach but whatever, it's done with now. I really liked Donna in this episode. Loved when she was talking really fast like the Doctor :)

Brilliant.

AMAZING EPISODE!!! Loving the betrayal by Dalek Caan!! Not expecting that at all! And the TARDIS dragging the Earth back into place - fantastic!

And I agree about Mickey joining Torchwood - not too sure it's a smart move! Maybe the old Mickey but not the new, hardened Mickey. Didnt warm to him at all.

WOW at all the old faces flying the TARDIS - emotional!

Gutted at Donna having to leave - more so than she was about leaving the TARDIS

I..... Im not sure I liked it.... It all just seemed a bit too much....

It was a very dalek heavy episode and I think the daleks are the naffest, cheapest, crappiest villain EVER invented and they suck the energy out of every episode that they are in! They mightve been scary when my dad was young but now they just look stupid.

There was too much going on in this ep for my liking (and not in a good way)

It felt cluttered and random. :YAHOO:

It was a very dalek heavy episode and I think the daleks are the naffest, cheapest, crappiest villain EVER invented and they suck the energy out of every episode that they are in! They mightve been scary when my dad was young but now they just look stupid.

:blink: Oh - my - DOG! :o They're the greatest villains ever! :blink:

Edited by Christoff

:o Oh - my - DOG! :o They're the greatest villains ever!:blink: :blink:

If there was a poll of the greatest Dr. Who villains ever, the Daleks would win No trouble

Edited by Dai-X

But...they're s**t....

They're a remnant of a crappy old tv show from yesteryear when the sets wobbled and the acting was terrible... They shouldve been dropped (from a great height) long ago!

Another great episode!

It was so sad seeing Donna's 'spiritual wisdom' being taken away and the doctor left all alone.

Everything was happening so quickly and Rose was still talking funny in places( :blink: !)

And I loved that shot of Freema looking into the camera and smiling when they were all together in the tardis! She's stunning to look at!

But...they're s**t....

They're a remnant of a crappy old tv show from yesteryear when the sets wobbled and the acting was terrible... They shouldve been dropped (from a great height) long ago!

Well unless Dalek Caan and/or Davros time-shifted after the Doctor entered the Tardis - they may well be gone for good this time.

But...they're s**t....

Well unless Dalek Caan and/or Davros time-shifted after the Doctor entered the Tardis - they may well be gone for good this time.

Lets hope so :blink:

But...they're s**t....

Lets hope so :blink:

I doubt it, they're a part of Who history, they'll never be gone for good, and that's a good thing :o They'll find a way to reintroduce them again :blink:

i liked it in parts but as a whole no

they shouldnt have brought Rose back and wtf was that with Doctor Two going off to live happilly ever after with old big gob Tyler

i liked the german speaking Daleks..they suited it

and the Daleks will be back as will big D

not soon i reckon but we aint seen the last of the old pepperpots and Davros

Edited by vintageSW77

• Moderators

In fairness, on so many levels it should've failed miserably and resulted in being an absolute crapheap of an episode:

1) The regeneration being dealt with in 5 seconds.

2) The Rose/Doctor Tw(h)o

3) The Tardis dragging the Earth back.

etc etc etc.

However, for me it was fantastic. You see, personally I've got used to the slightly cheesy and geeky nature of the show by now, and so I kinda expect it at times. Whether that's a good thing or not, I'm not quite sure, but it's certainly meant I enjoy the show a whole lot more than I probably have any right to.

The regeneration business for example didn't bother me like I thought it would have, simply because the hand etc played a much bigger part in the overall picture.

The Rose/Doctor Tw(h)o business ended up being part sweet, part bittersweet - not as absolutely pathetic as it could've been, but rather a slight necessity based on what The Doctor said about his human nature and the destroying of the Daleks etc. I'm glad they gave it a little more depth, and that made me able to stomach it.

And the Tardis dragging the Earth back .. well, who cares. After last years Doctor chanting, I kinda expected something utterly silly with swooshy music and the like, and they damn well delivered. But that didn't matter, because I was soon heartbroken with the Donna business, and DAMN YOU WILF WHY DIDN'T YOU GET IN THE TARDIS WITH HIM :vader:

But yes, I loved it. Hmm.

Poss spoiler... Highlight to see if you know about xmas ep...

Didn't I see in the thread about the Christmas special that Catherine Tate is in it? And companion-ing the Doctor? So I'm guessing they find some way to bring her back!

You gota admit, that was a real dilema for Rose... anyone on here who is in a relationship.... if there were basically 2 of your partners standing there, how could you chose one?? And I know she snogged the face off one cos he said he loved her, but still... :vader:

Jack and Donna... they'd make a cool couple!! Hehe!

Bit of a random ep for me to get my head around... not as shocking as last week... And as DeeBee said, the regen was a bit quick for me- blink and you'll miss it... they could have stringed out the Special effects for a few more seconds at least to let our heads digest it!

Edited by Lizzy

to be honest I'm still taking it all in. I never thought I would say it but Julian bleach brought in a wonderful performance, marrying michael wisher and terry molloy into one brilliant manic yet creepy performance. Jury is out on the ending tho, was wishing they wouldn't do a two doctor thing (tho my fiancée won't complain when she sees it). My main gripes, mirrored above are

1 the regeneration - all that hype, all that anticipation - interesting way to get out of it but what an almighty cop out

2 rose and the Paul McGann, sorry, half human doctor- why why why and what was the point?

3 my little brother is gonna annoy me till Christmas about this episode

All in all this was one hell of an ep, RTD can write a hell of an ending story, I might forgive him for the adipose now.

Edited by DocVader

Personally, I thought it was a major dissapointment and a crap episode!

Started good, then went downhill till about halfway through then hit rock bottom when Donna suddenly became brainy, pushed a few leavers and saved everyone and the universe without even a fight from the daleks!

The tardis pulling earth was just..wtf..and not in a good way..

Then the final ending with Rose and Hand-doc..good lord..

After last weeks brilliant episode, things were wrapped up far too quickly and easily in this one and it was a major let down..

After last weeks brilliant episode, things were wrapped up far too quickly and easily

i know it was a tad cringy, i honestly dont know what i would have preferred re the regeneration, still glad to have DT in the saddle still, but they really did back themselves into a corner and thought "how do we dig ourselves out of this hole?" And im hoping some tequila will rid me of the memory of Rose, the Anti-Doctor and the fluffy vomity nonsense that ensued.

the thing that saved it, like i said, was Julian Bleach, and i have to admit i love Bernard Cribbins, bring back Donna if only to have Wilf back!

Edited by DocVader

You gota admit, that was a real dilema for Rose... anyone on here who is in a relationship.... if there were basically 2 of your partners standing there, how could you chose one?? And I know she snogged the face off one cos he said he loved her, but still... :vader:

J

Did you see how, after snogging Doctor 2, she went to run after the Doctor?! She can't have them both... lol

• Moderators

Poor poor poor Donna. I would have preferred her to die just because she deserved a proper ending. Having her loose her memories is just a horrible ending for such a brilliant character.

Why does Rose get a happy ending but not Donna? :vader:

Actually I'm glad she didn't get killed off, as I'd be happy to have her back in the future. She grew to be my favourite New companion, so she was the one I wanted to die the least in the end. Wilf remembers it all, and there's always the possibility he could blab if Donna's life goes downhill or something. I think it'd make for a heartfelt reunion down the road, just like Doctor/Rose had. Only perhaps the Doctor won't get shot that time.

Re: Rose, I still think it was a bittersweet ending rather than a happy one - after all she doesn't REALLY have the Doctor, and you could tell there was still hesitation there. It's certainly not as straight forward and happy as it could've been. There's always going to be a part of him missing in the human form, and she'll always know it's not actually him. It's someone she'll have to grow to love - plus she still has to live in the parallel universe.

Id love it if Doctor 2 became a real spam on the parrallel world,went on massive benders all the time and gave Rose the elbow

its a horrible thing RTD came up with and has totaly ruined Doomsdays ending

As for the memory wipe its not the first time its happened to assistants

it happened to Jamie and Zoe way back

Edited by vintageSW77

Poor poor poor Donna. I would have preferred her to die just because she deserved a proper ending. Having her loose her memories is just a horrible ending for such a brilliant character.

Why does Rose get a happy ending but not Donna? :vader:

Actually I'm glad she didn't get killed off, as I'd be happy to have her back in the future. She grew to be my favourite New companion, so she was the one I wanted to die the least in the end. Wilf remembers it all, and there's always the possibility he could blab if Donna's life goes downhill or something. I think it'd make for a heartfelt reunion down the road, just like Doctor/Rose had. Only perhaps the Doctor won't get shot that time.

But then Donna's mind would explode and she would die!

Wilf should be the new companion!!

Does anyone else think Davros should've gone with the Doctor? The adventures of the Doctor and Davros flying around time and space.....