very important news on this years LFCC

showmasters

YAY For SM

I'm really looking forward to it, this is my 3rd event that I'm going to and though I'm a little worried about what I heard LFCC was like last year with the crowds I'm still happy to be going. And I've really enjoyed the past 2 events I've attended E1 and C13.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this obviously isn't what you're going to want to hear. I do come along to your events and get the autographs and meet the guests I want. But I cannot see what you've said here about "breaking the event through to the next level" as a good thing. If you succeeded that would mean more guests, which would mean people who I couldn't afford to get autographs from. You already see repeated comments from attendees on the forums about how the existing guest line-ups already stretch their finances. While more guests sounds good in principle, in practice it won't mean I'd see more people just I'll have known they were there without being able to see them. That strikes me as a bad thing, not a good thing.

More guests would also mean longer queues so I might not even be able to get to see guests I could afford. Also not a good thing.

I hope these plans don't go ahead.

sigh

some peps on here do seem to be very negative

the original SM post seems very positive and was great news im well pleased they gonna make it bigger.

ive been going to this and other SMevents for years now yeah its busy and yeah its going to be busier dont see the problem.

i get my ticket stand in my que get my stuff have a shop and go no hassles no worries

if im goin to get a chance to meet bigger(starrier if you like) peps that yay! suites me.

if i have to get up a tad earlier and save a bit more so be it.

i used to go on my own ive spread the news and now 10 are with me this year

now im sure someone wil be negative and say good for you and disagree and thats fine

so....... thanks SM keep it up (the british end) and hopefully will will all continue to sail in the good ship SHOWMASTER

Peace and love

• Moderators

I suppose it depends how it's done - "more guests" or simply increasing the quality of the guests that attend. But then again, quality is often subjective anyway so .. hmm!

Well this obviously isn't what you're going to want to hear. I do come along to your events and get the autographs and meet the guests I want. But I cannot see what you've said here about "breaking the event through to the next level" as a good thing. If you succeeded that would mean more guests, which would mean people who I couldn't afford to get autographs from. You already see repeated comments from attendees on the forums about how the existing guest line-ups already stretch their finances. While more guests sounds good in principle, in practice it won't mean I'd see more people just I'll have known they were there without being able to see them. That strikes me as a bad thing, not a good thing.

More guests would also mean longer queues so I might not even be able to get to see guests I could afford. Also not a good thing.

Then you decide who you want to get, plan ahead to get there early enough to get your VT so that you can meet them. Am I being too sensible there?

If your finances can't stretch to the ones you want, then you have to choose. Its a harsh fact of life.

So one min people will SERIOUSLY suggest in the guest suggestions forum Harrison Ford, Scott Bakula, Matt Damon, Samuel L Jackson, Ian McKellen, David Boreanez, Sarah Michelle Gellar... Those are only the big names I can remember off the top of my head in recent suggestions... then people say, no, its getting too big and will be too busy? Um, to get good guests, you need more people to afford them. They can't get big guests, and spend £1 million or w/e on getting them, and then not have enough people go to the event so that it only makes £700,000. The figures don't add up.

If you succeeded that would mean more guests, which would mean people who I couldn't afford to get autographs from. More guests would also mean longer queues so I might not even be able to get to see guests I could afford.

What are the chances you'd want to meet that many people though? Just spend it on the ones which you like most. Prioritise - it's the same with any products on the market that you like if there's a few of them you want, just choose the most important ones.

And if you cant aford all of the ones you want, then pull your socks up and save up, that's not SM's fault if you're broke - I for one might have the cash, why should I lose out just cos you aint got enough?

Edited by nicky

• Showmasters Admin

first dave, you spend more on autos than most people i know, i do not see you not buying an auto of someone you want because you do not have enough money. you fly to the states just to meet someone you have not meet so for you it must be much cheeper to meet them here ?

Next if there were bigger names why would that cost more than what we charge now ?

Patrick Stuart is an A list guest and is £25 an auto which is fare

why would most other guest not be the same price ? sorry i do not know were you are coming from on this Dave

Next, if there are to many guests for you to get then the same must go for other fans ? ok then this works out well because you will have to pick who you really want to meet and leave the ones you are not bothered about and get them next time, if you care

but this leaves other fans the chance to meet the guests, as you will all not want to meet the same people if there were 10 or 15 A list guests

very few people come to a show to buy autos from all the guests, most buy 2 to 6 autos at most. thats why the shows work so well, the more guests we have the more fans come to the event and meet the 2 to 6 guests that they want to meet. this will works well for most fans.

the only people it will effect are the people that want everyones auto, which is a very small number of people

it's funny that it's those fans who are normally the first to say very early on when we start to promote a show that there are no good names

we cannot please all of the people all the time, but we can give people the chance to meet some great guests. And sometimes as with Pat Morita and several other cases, its the only time you have the chance to meet some of them

I would rather try to get the most amazing guests I can and then people can have a choice, rather than never trying to get them and one day they are no longer around like Roy Scheider (who we worked on getting for four years without any luck). someone i want to meet so much

so sorry Dave, I really do not agree with you on this

see you soon

Jason :unsure:

Let me start by saying I think the events are great but I never realised that Showmasters could run at a loss. I'm going to guess that therefore the stars are paid an appearance fee and that Showmasters hope that the money paid for autographs, admission fees, stallholder fees etc covers that. I always assumed that the money paid for autographs was the stars to keep which would balance out as the bigger the star the bigger the amount recieved and that showmasters expenses were the venue which they covered by ticket fees and stall fees etc. I would have thought that as the event gets bigger and bigger the stars would be begging to attend for example last year on the Sunday I was VQ ticket 1250 for Hayden Panettiere and got to meet her, even assuming not all VQ holders hung around I was not the last to meet her so she signed at least a 1000 times on the Sunday which at £20 per go was a £20,000 day, its fairly certain that even the most successful TV actors dont normally earn that in a day. So keep at it Showmasters and I think in the future you'll be able to start charging the stars to attend !

I'd like to add my 5ps worth. We started going to events around 4 years ago and it wasnt a showmasters cause of the guests that were at the other event. But as your guests have increased and there are more and more we want to meet the others have diminished. We've chosen now to go to as many showmasters events as we can. I travel with my children and they like different things and like to meet different people and showmasters cater for all of them. My son is disabled and finds being in crowds and queues difficult but he was at Eclipse and enjoyed it so much he wants to go to E2.

So I say go for it showmasters and we will keep traveling across the country to be there.

I always assumed that the money paid for autographs was the stars to keep which would balance out as the bigger the star the bigger the amount recieved and that showmasters expenses were the venue which they covered by ticket fees and stall fees etc.

If the guests got 100% of the autograph takings it would be very unfair on SM cos then the number of fans coming in would mean nothing - I would assume SM already pay for the guest's travel/accomodation so if guests got 100% of takings what's in it for SM? They may as well bring anyone in then cos no profit is being made and they are doing something for the guests for nothing.

Edited by nicky

A top guest if rushed, without personalising, can sign 1250-1500 autographs.

So if each person buys 2 to 6 autographs. One would assume the majority of these include a high profile guest.

How many day tickets should be sold?

:headscratch:

If it takes three men two hours to dig a hole, how long will it be before one of the men have a shave on a tuesday ?

Is the answer Mogadishu ?

the people that want everyones auto, which is a very small number of people

There are people who do that?? :firedevil:

I know one person gets every guest to sign the same item, and at the next event, repeats it with another item ....

Let me start by saying I think the events are great but I never realised that Showmasters could run at a loss. I'm going to guess that therefore the stars are paid an appearance fee and that Showmasters hope that the money paid for autographs, admission fees, stallholder fees etc covers that. I always assumed that the money paid for autographs was the stars to keep which would balance out as the bigger the star the bigger the amount recieved and that showmasters expenses were the venue which they covered by ticket fees and stall fees etc. I would have thought that as the event gets bigger and bigger the stars would be begging to attend for example last year on the Sunday I was VQ ticket 1250 for Hayden Panettiere and got to meet her, even assuming not all VQ holders hung around I was not the last to meet her so she signed at least a 1000 times on the Sunday which at £20 per go was a £20,000 day, its fairly certain that even the most successful TV actors dont normally earn that in a day. So keep at it Showmasters and I think in the future you'll be able to start charging the stars to attend !

I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of the top TV actors charged that sort of money for this sort of appearance - I don't *know*, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was heading towards that sort of figure.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of the top TV actors charged that sort of money for this sort of appearance - I don't *know*, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was heading towards that sort of figure.

One organiser said recently that it can cost £20,000- 50,000 to bring over a main TV actor (including fees, flights, accomodation etc.) for a weekend convention. Signing events, I don't know, but it's probably a lot.

I must admit there are at least 15 guests I want to meet and will get autos from them all because you never know whther they are going to be around again - someone like Pete Postlethwaite or David Warnet dont do that many shows. I'm looking forward to meeting them all.