Latest Guest Pete Postlethwaite

showmasters

Let's have some perspective here. Insulting people for not knowing an actor is silly. Now, if they didn't know the prime minister, then you can start bashing.

I think it's more cos this is a forum for a MOVIE (and TV) convention and yet people don't know who he is. Surly if you're passianate about film enough to go to conventions and post on the boards then you'd have at least heard of him, regardless if you like his numerous and famous films or not? I guess some are more TV buff than film buff - I understand that.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your safe-afterall "eating you alive" would contravene food safety legislation...HOWEVER,if anyone has a boiling pot handy we might just be ok for a bit of supper :P

I don't like you :D:blink::crying:

:( OK OK only jokinggggggggg...i think i saw you a week or so ago btw waiting at a bus stop but wasn't 100% sure wether it was you so thought it best not to make a pratt of myself :P

:crying: OK OK only jokinggggggggg...i think i saw you a week or so ago btw waiting at a bus stop but wasn't 100% sure wether it was you so thought it best not to make a pratt of myself :blink:

Was it along High Lane/near Haywood? I always wait for my mum next to the bus stop there, LOL :(

I think it's more cos this is a forum for a MOVIE (and TV) convention and yet people don't know who he is. Surly if you're passianate about film enough to go to conventions and post on the boards then you'd have at least heard of him, regardless if you like his numerous and famous films or not? I guess some are more TV buff than film buff - I understand that.

Exactly. Some are better with TV. Just because you go to a con doesn't mean you know every "big name" in the recent history of film regardless of how numerous and famous his films are. Why would people know of people in films they've never seen and have no interest in reading about? If I know I have no interest in a film, I don't typically research who stars in it and what they look like.

Edited by Psychosis

:eek: OK OK only jokinggggggggg...i think i saw you a week or so ago btw waiting at a bus stop but wasn't 100% sure wether it was you so thought it best not to make a pratt of myself :lol:

Was it along High Lane/near Haywood? I always wait for my mum next to the bus stop there, LOL :D

Exactly. Some are better with TV. Just because you go to a con doesn't mean you know every "big name" in the recent history of film regardless of how numerous and famous his films are. Why would people know of people in films they've never seen and have no interest in reading about? If I know I have no interest in a film, I don't typically research who stars in it and what they look like.

LOL yes it was!...what a coincidence,my brain didn't click until i'd gone way past you. :P

STALKER.

Oops...Sorry David! Ok the games up i admit it...i've been following you for a while...was i becoming THAT obvious? :o:P

• Moderators

Oops...Sorry David! Ok the games up i admit it...i've been following you for a while...was i becoming THAT obvious? :lol::eek:

Well you need to stand STILL a bit more - you can't make it look like it's windy outside when only one of my bushes is moving!!

Oops...Sorry David! Ok the games up i admit it...i've been following you for a while...was i becoming THAT obvious? :P:P

Well you need to stand STILL a bit more - you can't make it look like it's windy outside when only one of my bushes is moving!!

PMSL*makes mental note for future activities* i'm never going to make the next James Bond at this rate am i! :eek:

Haha, that WAS me then! I've been doing a placement at Haywood High. Done now though! You should've run me over to let me know you were there :D

Ahhh ok.....well wear something a bit brighter in future so i notice you a bit earlier then :lol:

Lime green do?

Ermm,Yup......That'll do just fine and if you could also have"Psychosis" across the front and back in pink as well that'd be even better haha...seriously though,i must have pretty damn good observational skills to notice you if i do say so myself :eek:

Edited by Captain_Kronos

Whilst i'm thinking about it i also noticed the parking charges are a bit steep for this event,i know this isn't the right thread but i don't want to start a new thread about it as i don't want to make an issue out of it as it's out of SM's control and it wont deter me from going but just another "observation" :eek: of mine

Whilst i'm thinking about it i also noticed the parking charges are a bit steep for this event,i know this isn't the right thread but i don't want to start a new thread about it as i don't want to make an issue out of it as it's out of SM's control and it wont deter me from going but just another "observation" :eek: of mine

well it is central London...it's about average for London parking. if you dont want to pay that, drive to further out, park and take the tube in.

Whilst i'm thinking about it i also noticed the parking charges are a bit steep for this event,i know this isn't the right thread but i don't want to start a new thread about it as i don't want to make an issue out of it as it's out of SM's control and it wont deter me from going but just another "observation" :lol: of mine

well it is central London...it's about average for London parking. if you dont want to pay that, drive to further out, park and take the tube in.

Fair point and yeah i guess that's a good option if i was that short on money like i know some people are.

Wow, only took nearly 4 years :P

I'm so proud to have been the first reply :D

Awwww bless...you see,how does the saying go?"all good thing's come to those who wait!" or something like that :eek:

Pete Postlethwaite is a fantastic guest. One thing SM is good for are bringing along the stars of films and tv who, although may not be in the most center of positions, contribute supremely to the films integrity. I loved him in Dragonheart and James and the Giant Peach. He crops up in the most unlikely of places, and fits in so well, most people don't notice him. Versatile actor, would be a pleasure to shake his hand!

Now this is a fantastic guest and the lineup for movie fans at this show is simply amazing. Ya know I like Heroes etc as the rest of ya but most of the stars who appear in shows like that never end up doing anything else and are always remembered for these small tv roles, here in pete postlethwaite you are talking about a real actor and a genuine star.

Yes he's up there with John Hurt for me. But I think he was a Dr Who contender on some lists so I would have heard of him.

I doubt I'd get him (enough for me already) but certianly would of had I started on Alien3 last year.