John Barrowman times

I was planning on going down to Collectormania to see John Barrowman, which is about a 5 hour drive for me. Anyway, last time I checked it said get there before 12 to see him, but now it's saying get there before 10:30, which is far too early for me to get there. What happened? Is there any chance of seeing him if you arive later? If not this seems really unfair on those coming from further away.

How can it be unfair ? It's not like SM are MAKING people turn up early or they can't meet him. He will be busy - what can you do ? If you are really keen to meet him, maybe it's worth coming to MK the day before so you are there early on Sunday. Failing that, leave home early on Sunday morning - suckit up, sorry !`

• Showmasters Admin

I was planning on going down to Collectormania to see John Barrowman, which is about a 5 hour drive for me. Anyway, last time I checked it said get there before 12 to see him, but now it's saying get there before 10:30, which is far too early for me to get there. What happened? Is there any chance of seeing him if you arive later? If not this seems really unfair on those coming from further away.

nothing has changed I'm just trying to be realistic, he is signing for around 5 hours. You may well get to see him if you arrive at 12pm. But I guarantee nothing. You have to remember this is just MY educated guess, not the shows. I am just TRYING to be helpful and give you an IDEA of the times involved. No one can see the future, and I can very well be wrong.

At C8 I got it completely wrong because it turned out that William Shatner can sign nearly 1000 autographs in an hours and usually it takes an attendee 5 hours to do that.

People start queueing outside from 4-5am in the morning. If when the show opens at 10am there are already 1000 people stood in John's queue they are going to get the first 1000 tickets. When you get there at 12pm you could be ticket 1200+ but saying that I maybe wrong and you maybe ticket number 800. Both are kind of irrelevant as it's all down to how fast he signs and that no one can predict. We've had guests get through 1200+ tickets in a day, we have others that don't get through 400. We'll do are best to get as many people as possible through (and we'll get complained at for that too) but you have to realise he WILL be the busiest guest at the show. He WILL have a big queue.

Yes there is a chance, there is a chance he'll go to open queue at the end of the day, I just don't know. As I say I'm just being realistic and saying get there after 10:30am and your chances get less (not none existent).

SM can't have the event close to everyone, now can they? Someone is always going to be at a disadvantage. A lot of people come and stay near the show so they can get there early. You can't expect us to give people coming from far away on the day special treatment.

Surely its better to have to leave at 5am to get there in time to get a VT, even if it was unnecessarily early, than to leave at 9am and have a wasted journey?

The mods are just trying to advise you realistically on what you need to do to meet him.I'm sure you'd be pretty p***ed off if they told you 12noon was early enough and all the VTs went by 10.

From the sounds of it, John Barrowman is likely to come to another collectormania so hopefully, he'll come to one a bit nearer to you next time.

Showmasters can't please everyone all of the time unfortunately!!

:chair:

I hope you get to see him The Forgotten Detective :chair: Hopefully, as people have been saying John is likely to come to another Collectormania, he will come to Manchester soon. He's never done a signing in Manchester to my knowledge since his appearance in Doctor Who. So there would be a real turn up from North fans because they've never had the chance to meet him before :)

Sometimes being a fan of someone takes a bit of dedication. I do movie premieres as well as conventions and have been known to wait over ten hours to see people I like, and in all weathers. It's the price we sometimes have to pay for the chance to get up close to our idols.

The good thing about John Barrowman is that he's a very accessible celebrity. If you miss him at this event, there will be others. He's very fan friendly so missing him at one event, while disappointing, wouldn't be the end of the world.

But if you really want to see people, sometimes you have to work for it. This can often mean leaving home at Stupid O'Clock, but if you want something badly enough...

Edited by arithiel

• Moderators

As my Granny will keep telling me, 'hell' is a swear word when used like that :chair:

Oh God, I bet she's one of those people that complain when 'bloody' is used in Doctor Who :chair:

my mums the same, hates any words that can be misconstrude (probably spelt wrong) ... sitting next to her in the cinema at the beginning of "four weddings and a funeral" was a nightmare ... she TUTTED and HUFFED constantly!!! :chair:

As my Granny will keep telling me, 'hell' is a swear word when used like that ;)

Oh God, I bet she's one of those people that complain when 'bloody' is used in Doctor Who :blink:

She walks out in a huff!!! Seriously! People, if you need to move home after uni to save money- remember why you left LOL!

At previous Collectormania's people have queued from extreamley early hours in the morning and gotten tickets that way, if a guest is huge like John Barrowman is this is possibly the case!

I Queued at 06:40 for Elijah and still got 834ish people will queue early for their idol, main star so you need to take this into consideration!

At previous events signing times have been cut short by guest talks, and in recent years by photoshoots. At his first appearance I missed James Marsters by 1 ticket because of his Buffy panel talk. I see from the photo shoot timetable that John Barrowman will be gone for at least half an hour. As he is only appearing for one day, and has to get to and from the photoshoot area, it's possible he could lose around 45 minutes to an hour. In theory that could be 30+ signings less.

This is only an estimate based on my previous experiences, not a concrete fact.

Speaking of concrete facts, the ancient Romans used the stuff. I bet they were more efficient than the guys who work on the major roadways in this country today!.:P