Train disruption on Euston to Birmingham line

just4bri

Just thought I should warn anyone going to Collecamania 13 (Milton Keynes), that there are engineering works going on over this weekend! :D

If you're using the Euston to Birmingham New Street line, there are replacement buses from Euston to Milton Keynes (and back) on both the Sunday (4th May) and Monday (5th May), there is also a reduced service on Saturday (2nd May) out of Euston, with a replacement bus service between Bletchley and Northampton.

Here is the url for National Rail enquires engineering works for that weekend:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disr...2b/details.html

Of course, it's a Bank Holiday weekend, who would need to travel by train on a Bank Holiday???!!! :unsure::(:D

There is building work on at the coachway too so the coach stop has been moved closer to the centre. New stop is walking distance to the MK centre.

I just found this out myself. I might have to stay an extra night too.

Does anyone know if there are lots of taxis from the MK Central coachway, if I decide to travel by coach from London?

Just thought I should warn anyone going to Collecamania 13 (Milton Keynes), that there are engineering works going on over this weekend! :P

If you're using the Euston to Birmingham New Street line, there are replacement buses from Euston to Milton Keynes (and back) on both the Sunday (4th May) and Monday (5th May), there is also a reduced service on Saturday (2nd May) out of Euston, with a replacement bus service between Bletchley and Northampton.

Here is the url for National Rail enquires engineering works for that weekend:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disr...2b/details.html

Of course, it's a Bank Holiday weekend, who would need to travel by train on a Bank Holiday???!!! :P:WINCE::o

There is the alternitive route from St Pancras to Bedford, then on the X5 (Stagecoach) to CMK.

For the X5 timetable http://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables/BD...2007cropped.pdf

Went into the tourist information centre in Ipswich to book my coach with National Express and was told that they no longer run coaches from London Victoria to Milton Keynes, but on Collectormainia webiste it says otherwise. Can anyone enlighten me or suggest of another way of getting a coach from London to Milton Keynes. Anyone would think Milton Keynes was the other end of the world.

Went into the tourist information centre in Ipswich to book my coach with National Express and was told that they no longer run coaches from London Victoria to Milton Keynes, but on Collectormainia webiste it says otherwise. Can anyone enlighten me or suggest of another way of getting a coach from London to Milton Keynes. Anyone would think Milton Keynes was the other end of the world.

Have you tried National Express website?

Have you tried National Express website?

Yeah just checked and they do. Thats odd that the tourist information told me that. Brilliant news that they do though. :YAHOO:

i cant work out if this will affect Manchester to Milton Keynes as it does not go via Birmingham

I was reading thru and it does mention that routes from Manchester will terminate at Birmingham international. It may be the case a replacement bus service will be in place again, but it mentions that Virgin Trains, London Midland, First ScotRail are affected and that people should seek other train operators so perhaps there are others who are running thru the works, but im not sure

coming down the country everything from york down over is affected... but some are going straight through the stations that are having work done. im only going as far as derby but it took me a while to ind a train but there are some.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok - have been looking at this and the journey to/from London and even though there are engineering works, it doesn't seem that the rail replacement will be too bad after all......

Seems there are either direct buses from Euston to MK, and the same again from MK to Euston - ok so it will take a little longer, but from what I can tell you won't need to change.

Or for those of you travelling to/from London you can actually get a train from St Pancras to Luton, then get a rail replacement bus from Luton to MK and vice versa.

There seem to be trains running from MK to London on Monday but they are taking about 3 hours. I'm guessing that is similar on the Sat and Sun too.

Nope - they're not trains - it's actually the bus. If you look at "details" for the journey you'll see it'll say bus instead of train.......