Things we will work on and fix for next time

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes lack of seats made me go and put my trainers on lol it did spoil my outfit a bit but it kept me going lol

so thankyou for more seats thats much apreciated espesh as i may be on crutches next time .

Very good.

And i dont like the comment that was made about the new people not "behaving" - they didn't know they couldnt do it.

we are not saying they are behaving badly its just people need to know that if the fans act cool around the guests they will stay there longer and this will get back to the other guests that the party's are cool places to hang out and chill and then more guests will stay with us and have fun at the party

i did try to put this over to the fans when i went on stage at the start of the event gut its something that will take time to get right but the fans at Eclipse were a cool bunch and i think it will all work out better at the Eclipse 2

jason :(

I'm not sure if anyone may have suggested this already, but I think it would perhaps be best that you have a VIP section perhaps at the back of the room where the guests can go to chill out and where attendees know they are not to bother them. This would allow them to feel they can have somewhere to retreat to if they get a bit tired or want a break without having to resort to leaving completely. As I know you have said before this should be a fun time and a party for the guests as well.

My partner and I attended both parties but found not just at the parties but throughout the weekend people didn't really mix, and although we all would cringe at the idea of some sort of group activity. I do think something to try to allow those less confident attendees a less scary way of connecting with others would be a good idea.

As you have freely admitted there are some real areas for improvement, however I genuinely felt how important this event was for you and how much work you and all organizes and crew put into making it happen. I was very impressed that you could admit that not everything had worked and that you clearly made every effort at the event and for future events to learn from this.

I would also like to say that both my partner and I have bought tickets for eclipse 2 so I can assure you we were sufficiently impressed to come back again.

Laminating the badges and putting names on them. I nearly had mine destroyed by the first reunion hug.....

Some more music/party type things on the Sunday. As while its quiet to start it just made it more quiet.

Great event though, had a blast

:D

• Showmasters Admin

This is why Showmasters is my favourite organiser. :P

How many other organisers are left lol !?!?!?

Showmasters are doing such a good job with their own events that they're killing off the others . . . I wont name any of those events, but we all know which ones they are/were!!

Im glad SM are listening to the fans now and are going to do something about what we've said!

I still DISAGREE with the 'No Photo's At All' rule . . . in fact, I know of a few people who complained about this, but were treat like, well, crap basically!! (Not by Jason or Mark I must add!!!!!).

Considering the problems that occurred during the weekend, I think Jason and Mark did a good job keeping everything together as good as they did (I wont forget - well done to the staff as well)!!!

I think something Jason should look at though is the manner in which some of the staff treat the fans. Some of the staff are constantly on power-trips. This isn't something I have noticed only at Eclipse, I have noticed it at EVERY SM show I have ever been to. Its disappointing and in a way, it spoils some of the enjoyment of attending the events!!

Ad

99% of the crew are great and are there to help and care a lot about the fans having a good time, but some get a bit tired, they are a good bunch and do have a hard job to do but if we see someone not being on top form we will swop them over and give them a rest as they are only human and we all fail

but if anyone has a problem with any crew person do find me or Mark or Too Tall when things are a bit quiet and we listen to you and find out what is going down.

but do please remember the crew do have a hard job to be fair to every one at the event

so the crew may say not to do something or tell you something you may not want to here but there will be a good reason for what they are doing or saying so please help them do there job so the event runs well for all the fans

thanks for reading

jason :D

Just one more thing--this was better on Sunday, but some way to keep people in photoshoot queues quiet without yelling at them would be nice. =) It was okay when they were yelling politely, but it was still a little jarring--moreso when they were yelling angrily. Can't have been entirely comfortable for the guests.

we did talk to the member of the crew that was a bit bossy telling people to be quiet this will not happen again i think he was just a bit tired but thats not what we wanted him to do

sorry :P

Jason :D

Thanks for that, then. Sunday was a lot calmer.

one thing i think might be a bit better is that everyone only goes up to each guest once, they get the free auto and any other extras they want but say with a limit of 5 per person or something rather than people having to wait around and come back if they want more than the one free one plus one other :)

As always a great event by Showmasters, and yes there are lessons to be learnt, and Jason is the first to admit when things can be improved, we only have to look at Collectormania event s to see that.

I've already booked my place for Eclipse 2, and booked my room at the hotel, definately worth staying there, and from what I heard from others better value for money. Looking forward to another great event in november.

A quick and very short medley:

I know it has been brought up elsewhere (by myself and many others) but is there any way of upping the height of the stage with big blocks or something? I know it can be done safely. It was waaaaaaaaaaaaay too low and really caused quite a few of us significant problems.

Perhaps large signs asking for people to be VERY quiet could be posted in various places where queues would be for the photoshoots during those times? They might be of use and reduce the need (and there was a need unfortunately) for shouting at the noisier attendees, although you are never going to stop such a large group of people from nattering!

Some kind of queue control early on for outside the main hall would also be a good idea. Despite the system of gold passes and then named groups, this did NOT stop people from queuing very early from much higher ticket numbers nor blatant queue jumpers and I know that myself and other gold pass holders, who joined/formed an orderly queue early on, were pushed and shoved aside due to the bad manners of others and the lack of guidance/direction/control.

Also, the one thing I could not fault in any way all weekend was the crew myself. They did an excellent job in sometimes very trying circumstances and a big, enormous and heartfelt thank you goes out to them from me!

Edited by thefreckles

yes lack of seats made me go and put my trainers on lol it did spoil my outfit a bit but it kept me going lol

so thankyou for more seats thats much apreciated espesh as i may be on crutches next time .

EXACTLY the same for me lol :thumbup:

we did talk to the member of the crew that was a bit bossy telling people to be quiet this will not happen again i think he was just a bit tired but thats not what we wanted him to do

sorry

Jason

I must admit this is about the only complaint I had.

One of the crew members yelled so damn loudly right in my ear, that I actually had a painful ear for quite a few hours afterwards

It was totally uneccessary and downright rude, and not in the least bit funny. To be honest you cannot treat people like that... and guess what, they could have closed the doors and let people in a few at a time, that would have kept the noise down.... how logical was that?

I'm not sure if anyone may have suggested this already, but I think it would perhaps be best that you have a VIP section perhaps at the back of the room where the guests can go to chill out and where attendees know they are not to bother them. This would allow them to feel they can have somewhere to retreat to if they get a bit tired or want a break without having to resort to leaving completely. As I know you have said before this should be a fun time and a party for the guests as well.

My partner and I attended both parties but found not just at the parties but throughout the weekend people didn't really mix, and although we all would cringe at the idea of some sort of group activity. I do think something to try to allow those less confident attendees a less scary way of connecting with others would be a good idea.

I like both these ideas.

I, too, would like to see the stage being raised somehow. I could only see clearly using the screen, but it's much better to actually watch the guests in case you miss anything off camera! (usually Anders doing something amusing)

Even though I'm grateful for the addition of a group shot, the positioning of the attendee should be changed. I've only had one group shot before, with the 24 cast, and it came out a dream. When I saw all the photos for collection I wasn't best pleased with the "photoshopped" effect. Mine turned out ok though - I must've been standing a bit behind the line!

Other than that, everything was perfect! :blink:

Like it has been mentioned about the badges, I think it'd be much better if they were made on card that is a little thicker and laminated so they're less likely to get hurt.

My gold pass was rubbing on my other pass throughout the event and has loads of scuff marks :uhoh:

From the sounds of everything I can't wait till November :whistling:

People asking for laminated passes is making me cry :whistling: They better be laminated better than the crew badges, LMFAO, otherwise stick with card! My crew badge usually lasts about five minutes. My weekend pass lasted three days and got home in a full, squashed bag without the slightest crease or mark on them. Mine seemed to be made of steel! And that's after being battered, toyed with, swung around in the air, shoved into pockets, squashed into clothing, put into full bags, and sat on! I even dipped them in baked beans and it just wiped right off without leaving a stain!

Edited by Psychosis

And why not use these foam bracelets they use for rock concerts maybe?

You put it around your wrist for the whole week-end , take even the shower with it :whistling:

Different colors would define the different groups? and it lasts very long.

And that's after being battered, toyed with, swung around in the air, shoved into pockets, squashed into clothing, put into full bags, and sat on! I even dipped them in baked beans and it just wiped right off without leaving a stain!

Baked beans? Dare I ask? :angry:

And that's after being battered, toyed with, swung around in the air, shoved into pockets, squashed into clothing, put into full bags, and sat on! I even dipped them in baked beans and it just wiped right off without leaving a stain!

Baked beans? Dare I ask? :WAVE:

I was hungry :angry:

LOL it was hanging over when I leaned forward to eat my breakfast and ended up on the plate in the beans.

Well I say laminated I dunno what's best, I have a pass from an anime thingy I went to and it feels like plastic *might be what it is* and it's the sturdiest thing I've ever had.

Plastic would be better I'm sure, but I guess would be more expensive for printing *has no idea of what stuff costs*

A lot more chairs in general I would say.

Also, queuing needs improvement - just put up those band "railings" like they use at the airport... At sunday some people just put themsleves infront of everyone.

As for parties, the sunday one was best, with the huge tables! You should add that to the other parties, so people have a comfortable and quiet spot to meet and chat - not everyone enjoys hours of loud music :(.