Things we will work on and fix for next time

• Showmasters Admin

Drinks reception

bigger room spaced out so guests can walk around easier with an assistant to help them get to meet all the groups

More information

about groups that are being called up for there signings, so you all know what is happen over the day, so you can plan the day better we did this not Saturday and it did work well

Named groups

this did work well in the end, but we will also add the reg numbers as well next time, and the names need to be shorter so the crew can put them up quicker

Guests at party

more information needs to be explained to the fans as they need to be more aware that the guests will stay longer if they are not crowded around at the party, and more of the fans would meet them and they would stay longer if this happens,

This was down to lots of the fans being new to Conventions, but it is our job to get than to understand

More places to let people know of any changes to the schedules

Two video screens for next time one on each side

i am sure we will come up with improvements for Eclipse 2, after we have had a debrief with the crew.

but i just wanted to let people know we do care about getting it right for every one and we are starting on it right now thanks to you all for your input and helping us get it right

see you all soon

Jason :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drinks reception

bigger room spaced out so guests can walk around easier with an assistant to help them get to meet all the groups

Nice. :) Can I have a chair please?

More information

about groups that are being called up for there signings, so you all know what is happen over the day, so you can plan the day better we did this not Saturday and it did work well

Excellent idea. I believe that the lack of such information was the cause of Saturday morning's FUBAR situation.

Named groups

this did work well in the end, but we will also add the reg numbers as well next time, and the names need to be shorter so the crew can put them up quicker

Agreed.

Guests at party

more information needs to be explained to the fans as they need to be more aware that the guests will stay longer if they are not crowded around at the party, and more of the fans would meet them and they would stay longer if this happens,

Too true! As hoped, the guests turned up but, as feared, they were "mobbed". :D

This was down to lots of the fans being new to Conventions, but it is our job to get than to understand

It is also their job to behave.

More places to let people know of any changes to the schedules

Two video screens for next time one on each side

Sounds good! :)

i am sure we will come up with improvements for Eclipse 2, after we have had a debrief with the crew.

but i just wanted to let people know we do care about getting it right for every one and we are starting on it right now thanks to you all for your input and helping us get it right

see you all soon

Jason :D

I am confident that you are trying to arrange as near to a perfect event as you can.

(and you have LOTS of very cool toys!)

• Showmasters Admin

Very good.

And i dont like the comment that was made about the new people not "behaving" - they didn't know they couldnt do it.

we are not saying they are behaving badly its just people need to know that if the fans act cool around the guests they will stay there longer and this will get back to the other guests that the party's are cool places to hang out and chill and then more guests will stay with us and have fun at the party

i did try to put this over to the fans when i went on stage at the start of the event gut its something that will take time to get right but the fans at Eclipse were a cool bunch and i think it will all work out better at the Eclipse 2

jason :WAVE:

Looking forward to it. I've reserved the hotel room this time at The Park Inn[i've learnt my lesson by having to walking in the rain brrrr], as soon as I'm paid next week I will be buying 2 programmes. Assuming your online shop is up that early?

Very good.

And i dont like the comment that was made about the new people not "behaving" - they didn't know they couldnt do it.

It was point number 4 in the rules and guide lines in the con book everyone got when they registered!

Very good.

It was point number 4 in the rules and guide lines in the con book everyone got when they registered!

Added to which, three words: Basic.Good.Manners.

Indeed!

I won't add any more here... I've said my bit in the other thread, but its all stuff SM know about and just simple teething problems that Jason was well aware of, and in the worst cases tried to sort there and then, as did the crew, which we should all be thankful for.

Well done :poki:

Exactly! All others don't seem to bother about the fans as much I've noticed, and if theres a problem, deal with it... first hand exp of that lol, which is why I only ever go to another show if there is a really rare guest- I go to CM MK every year regardless of guests!

It's great that you guys are willing to learn from your mistakes and take on other's criticism to make things even better than they are. At one of the cons I was at that were done by another organiser things were just... horrific, but instead of considering to change something, they're continuing to do the things like before and seem to be rather happy to just blame the people that were there for everything instead of taking a critical look at their system.

So yes, thank you for that. It makes me respect you guys even more than before! Cannot wait for November! :thumbup:

Will this apply to events such as Lockdown, Chevron 7, Aftermath etc. also?

Also, although I didn't attend Eclipse, I just want to say how happy I am that SM's seem to have held a near perfect con and I am pleased for them that all there hard work and effort payed off. Well done SM!!

Just one more thing--this was better on Sunday, but some way to keep people in photoshoot queues quiet without yelling at them would be nice. =) It was okay when they were yelling politely, but it was still a little jarring--moreso when they were yelling angrily. Can't have been entirely comfortable for the guests.

This is why Showmasters is my favourite organiser. :thumbup:

How many other organisers are left lol !?!?!?

Showmasters are doing such a good job with their own events that they're killing off the others . . . I wont name any of those events, but we all know which ones they are/were!!

Im glad SM are listening to the fans now and are going to do something about what we've said!

I still DISAGREE with the 'No Photo's At All' rule . . . in fact, I know of a few people who complained about this, but were treat like, well, crap basically!! (Not by Jason or Mark I must add!!!!!).

Considering the problems that occurred during the weekend, I think Jason and Mark did a good job keeping everything together as good as they did (I wont forget - well done to the staff as well)!!!

I think something Jason should look at though is the manner in which some of the staff treat the fans. Some of the staff are constantly on power-trips. This isn't something I have noticed only at Eclipse, I have noticed it at EVERY SM show I have ever been to. Its disappointing and in a way, it spoils some of the enjoyment of attending the events!!

Ad

• Showmasters Admin

Just one more thing--this was better on Sunday, but some way to keep people in photoshoot queues quiet without yelling at them would be nice. =) It was okay when they were yelling politely, but it was still a little jarring--moreso when they were yelling angrily. Can't have been entirely comfortable for the guests.

we did talk to the member of the crew that was a bit bossy telling people to be quiet this will not happen again i think he was just a bit tired but thats not what we wanted him to do

sorry ;)

Jason :(

The only other thing that I would like to ask for is more chairs at the parties. I'm not good at standing for long periods and I left the parties quite early because there was nowhere to sit.

i think this can be done for next time :D

jason :P

The only other thing that I would like to ask for is more chairs at the parties. I'm not good at standing for long periods and I left the parties quite early because there was nowhere to sit.

i think this can be done for next time :(

Yay! :P