keeping you all in the loop on Lockdown

If Henry cancels and we dont have any 'main' cast guests then I think that even though I've got a gold pass, I'll probably not bother going. I'm not THAT interested in any of the other guests to make it worth my while.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I ask why you're so keen to go, Kayim? We have it SO much better here.

I honestly dont know :) It's just been a dream of mine for a long, long time. I am fascinated by everything American and I've always hoped to live there.

It's not likely to happen though - it costs a lot to emigrate :YAHOO:

The problem isn't that it costs a lot, the problem is that you have to have something to offer, and very few people do. You either need family there, or you need to have a job that's very rare.

My personal opinion is if they have to work and you have trouble getting good main guests then prospone the event, to a later time maybe? when they arnt working and they have the time? but im sure that wont happen and the event will go ahead.... will have to see , i really wanted to attend but sadly no money and too many cons are on.

• Moderators

My personal opinion is if they have to work and you have trouble getting good main guests then prospone the event, to a later time maybe? when they arnt working and they have the time?

As I suggested in another topic, I think that approach is far too risky as you can't EVER guarantee they're not working and they definitely have the time.

If this was postponed (and they actually HAVE 5 guests this time), and then the next one went completely wrong too for whatever reasons, it'd just annoy people even more ..

Haha yeah I'm fine, just about to go pack for Eclipse this weekend, so I hope everyone plays nicely in my absence :P

We will ;)

( :lol::P )

I think it would be stupid to cancel it now, especially for people who have booked train/plane tickets etc, and a personally i've spent money on clothes and random stuff for the con, I don't want it to be a waste.

Haha yeah I'm fine, just about to go pack for Eclipse this weekend, so I hope everyone plays nicely in my absence :D

i have a great idea!

if anyone plays unnicely well just qoute you from your previous posts

as davidb would say"......"

have fun at eclipse everyone who is going from the LD boards! :D

May I ask why you're so keen to go, Kayim? We have it SO much better here.

I honestly dont know :) It's just been a dream of mine for a long, long time. I am fascinated by everything American and I've always hoped to live there.

It's not likely to happen though - it costs a lot to emigrate :D

The problem isn't that it costs a lot, the problem is that you have to have something to offer, and very few people do. You either need family there, or you need to have a job that's very rare.

yeah, moving to the states is nigh on impossible unless you have family there, have skills that are highly in demand or you marry an American. I believe even then it's a complicated process. Other than, if you have money and can afford not to work, you can visit for 3 months at a time tourist visa, but immigration may start to view you suspiciously as this gets more often. These immigration problems have caused me major heartache over the past few years, and continue to drive many law abiding, innocent couples and families apart because of america's outdated and too grounded in religion policies.

anyway, completely off topic. but just to add to that. The cost would be a small price to pay if you found a way to get in. rant over... :D

Thanks for telling us. :thumbup: It's true that it is a little frustrating promising a better list for the next convention, because it's true that some of us (including me) don't know if they can afford it every year. But I am happy to come to this one and I count in ejoying it the best way I can. :whistling:

I cannot say I am surprised about the cast not being available after the return to the set due to post strike and I can totally understand it. But will we get the 6th guest nontheless?

No worries, I know.

Just wanted to let everybody know that someone is around in case one of those "fun threads" pops up again. :whistling:

That makes 2 of us then.. :thumbup:

Some disgusting threads appearing on eclipse that need cleared if anyone about

Some disgusting threads appearing on eclipse that need cleared if anyone about

Found and cleaned. :D

I've been cleaning up in the morning and caught a large bunch already. Unfortunately another wave arrived while I was busy this afternoon. At the moment it's two moderators around only, me and DisneyDude. DisneyDude doesn't have moderating rights for some sections.

If it's obvious what the topic contains please don't open it. I know the titles are bad enough, but at least spare yourself the pictures. If you opened it by mistake, click on "report post". That helps getting it to our attention faster. ^_^

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Thanks for clearing that junk QS

You're welcome. Sorry I wasn't faster, unfortunately I couldn't check the forum for some hours.

The spam posts seem to have become a real problem. I wonder whether changing the system so that all new accounts need authorisation may be an option to consider.

Sometimes there's nothing for days, and then we get hit by dozens within hours.

I've no idea if this is possible, but I've already been wondering if there's a way that attacks can be started using the event dates on the main page. It always seems to get really bad during event weekends. I did check more often during the week end because I expected another attack, but I was called away this afternoon and missed the worst part.

Unfortunately the current system that is in place at the moment is machine readable.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Spam sucks...and it's not always that easy to spot them..so yeah if I see stuff I'll hit the report button lol. I mod on the Lost-forum.com board and this spam crap is annoying, we have as a rule though with each new member has to have their first 5 posts approved by a mod before it shows on the board..that's helped us some but it may not be the best solution for this board.