Event & Website Announcement

slaycandy

• Moderators

Ooh I like it, looks really good :thumbup:

And wasn't expecting 14 guests at once :WINCE:

The only thing that doesn't seem to be working is the Billy Bonds photo, and the Stall configuration picture .. but I assume you know that, seeing as you made it lol

Keep up the great work ;)

• Showmasters Admin

The only thing that doesn't seem to be working is the Billy Bonds photo, and the Stall configuration picture .. but I assume you know that, seeing as you made it lol

Lol, I hadn't noticed, I had the whole site on a temporary URL and must have missed those files when moving everything over! Thanks for letting me know. ;)

Off topic: where are you? I thought you'd be doing GMex? I guess I'll see you next weekend!

SJ

xox

Excellent website and a good selection of guests.

I'm impressed.

Couple of proofing errors:

The Guest Days & Times page is headed "Gues Days & Times"

and the footer at the bottom of most pages says

"Not all guests will necessarily be appearing on both days" - but it's listed as 24-26th, which is three days - I think the "both" needs to be replaced with "all".

• Moderators

Lol, I hadn't noticed, I had the whole site on a temporary URL and must have missed those files when moving everything over! Thanks for letting me know. ;)

Off topic: where are you? I thought you'd be doing GMex? I guess I'll see you next weekend!

Ah well I'm glad I could help .. and Tommy too, I'm sure you love people picking apart your work :WINCE:

Me, I'm at home. Next weekend is the reason - saving all my money for then! No-one I wanted to meet at GMEX so thought I'd be sensible and miss it :thumbup: and you will indeed see me then x

• Showmasters Admin

Ah well I'm glad I could help .. and Tommy too, I'm sure you love people picking apart your work :lol:

Me, I'm at home. Next weekend is the reason - saving all my money for then! No-one I wanted to meet at GMEX so thought I'd be sensible and miss it :thumbup: and you will indeed see me then x

Lol, yeh. ;)

Ah well, I'll see you next weekend then! I was only at GMex for a little bit to get Sportsmania 2 website finished and online, :D (Which I did... you know... apart from the one or two mistakes, :S)

SJ

xox

Brilliant website. There are some great guest announcements, including Henry Cooper. ;)

I'd love to see these guests.

George Foreman.

Muhammad Ali, I know it will never happen.

Ian Botham.

Dickie Bird.

Paul Gascoigne.

Pele.

Bobby Charlton, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.

Stirling Moss.

Murray Walker.

Edited by Kiwi 7

• Moderators

Is this the old recurring chestnut of Showmasters spreading themselves too thin again? ;)

How? This is the only event they have of this kind. It's completely different to all the other events, and so I can't really see how you can fall back on that argument because you don't like the guests.

In all honesty, some people are just happy to criticise the majority of what is done lately, so if there's no-one of interest then just don't bother with the event.

I know plenty of people that don't want to go elsewhere just for sports guests, and Sportsmania is more appealing to them. They've not had a chance to meet sports guests before, and so they went to the first event and enjoyed it, and will likely go again this time.

No-one expects them to be on the same level as what's offered elsewhere for what is only their 2nd sports-specific event. Apart from the same subject matter, I doubt they want to compete on that level directly at this point in time. Collectormania took time to grow, and so will this.

i would PAY to meet murray walker

with that other show

you pay just to you have photo taken with them and pay more to get in

I would rather pay less, meet MORE and get pics taken with all rather than pay to meet each guest

simple maths really

• Moderators

Plus the sensible thing would be to have familiar faces for a free-entry event in a shopping centre, rather than some random footballing faces from an old Brazil team or something.

I think it makes sense to stick with the '66 team - it's not like many people won't know who the England World Cup winning team are! Yes, they've been before but it's still a strong move I feel.

Genuinely I think a good few guests elsewhere lack that casual appeal.

The event needs to build its name and popularity. Once its done that, I'm sure they can expand etc.

My comment about spreading themselves too thinly, was in reference to the effort that has been made in getting this bunch together – in comparison to the other?

I guess at the end of the day though, this is probably an event, that isn’t itself run by ‘football fans’ for ‘football fans’, and hence why it’s a bit lacklustre.

As for ‘random Brazilians’?!?!, and people wanting to meet ‘Steve Mcmanaman’…

...kill me!. :unsure:

I’m just glad Sports Mania 2 is happening. I know a lot of these guests were there last time but for a free to enter event you have to have recognizable faces. Yes, most football fans will know the captain of the 1970 Brazilian team, but your average shopper in a shopping center wouldn’t have a clue, so wouldn’t want to meet him. As for Jack Charlton, well everyone knows who he is.

Would make a suggestion though, the other event seems to base its self around 2 sports. Might be an idea for SM2 to look at rugby and cricket players to widen its appeal.

My comment about spreading themselves too thinly, was in reference to the effort that has been made in getting this bunch together – in comparison to the other?

I guess at the end of the day though, this is probably an event, that isn’t itself run by ‘football fans’ for ‘football fans’, and hence why it’s a bit lacklustre.

As for ‘random Brazilians’?!?!, and people wanting to meet ‘Steve Mcmanaman’…

...kill me!. :P

in relation to the mac comment

im 22. i grew up with the fowler,owen,mac team

so forgive me for wanting to meet guests of my era

I’m just glad Sports Mania 2 is happening. I know a lot of these guests were there last time but for a free to enter event you have to have recognizable faces. Yes, most football fans will know the captain of the 1970 Brazilian team, but your average shopper in a shopping center wouldn’t have a clue, so wouldn’t want to meet him. As for Jack Charlton, well everyone knows who he is.

Would make a suggestion though, the other event seems to base its self around 2 sports. Might be an idea for SM2 to look at rugby and cricket players to widen its appeal.

I agree, it's great to see this announcement, although when I click on the link I still see last years. Don't know if I'm missing anything here, but it is Monday morning.

As for all the comments of the 1970 Brazilian team, I would have thought Pele is who most people would know rather than Carlos Alberto Torres. But they were and probably always will be the best team that has ever played in the World Cup, if you are old enough to remember and it was all credit to the England team that they only lost 1-0 to them in the group stage with Banksie pulling off that save.

Would also love to see old rugby players, especially the Welsh team of the seventies, the Brazilians of rugby.