The Venue and Date is Confirmed

Kiwi 7

Good news for those of us who have to come all the way down south - Brum cuts my journey time from 3 hours+ to half an hour :)

If there's 2 Autographica's a year maybe they can host one in London and another in Brum and we get the best of both worlds

Well done SM for putting Autographica further away from London - was very hard to get to at times when in London.

Ad

For me coming down from Manchester, Birmingham will be easier than London, which was about as difficult to get to as Northampton.

Whereas for me Heathrow is easy and Birmingham is more difficult and more expensive - I live in London.

Same for me, I only live 10 minutes from Heathrow, it was no problem if I only wanted to met the odd guest that interested me as it was fairly cost effective.

I'm afraid it would have to have an exceptional guest list to warrant me travelling.

Whereas for me Heathrow is easy and Birmingham is more difficult and more expensive - I live in London.

Same for me, I only live 10 minutes from Heathrow, it was no problem if I only wanted to met the odd guest that interested me as it was fairly cost effective.

I'm afraid it would have to have an exceptional guest list to warrant me travelling.

Thats exactly how I feel about London!

Hello,

I`m disapointed about the decision to go to Birmingham with Autographica,because the travel connection from Stuttgart to London-Heathrow is much better as to Birmingham.And much cheaper.

Well, I understand Garry and Dave after four Autographica events in London-Heathrow to change the venue.And for most of you,who lives in the northern of UK,it will be cheaper to go to Birmingham as to London.But anyway,for people like me,who comes abroad,London is the best place for this show and I hope Garry and Dave will return back to London-Heathrow with Autographica sometimes.

I don`t know,if I come to Birmingham.It depends,what guests will be there.And because of the higher expenses,the guest list must be really good.

One guest,where I want to meet will not come: Astronaut Ed Mitchell.Like Ed Mitchells appeareance schedule on his website,he planned Autographica for Marcch,1st.At the "Autographica" weekend,18thApril to 20th April,Ed Mitchell will be at an conference in Washington D.C..It´s a pity,I hoped to meet him at the next Autographica.

What`s your opinions about the new venue ?

Best

Helmut

The venue and date for Autographica 11 has now been confirmed.

The dates are: 18th-20th April 2008.

And the venue is: The Hilton Birmingham Metropole

The Birmingham venue is right beside Birmingham International airport. This is pretty much as accessible for me from Northern Ireland as Heathrow, and in many cases cheaper. Certainly the journey from the airport to the venue will be MUCH cheaper and easier.

You may be worried about flights from Stuttgart, but what about another nearby city ? I am sure some airport nearby will fly to Birmingham. I am pretty sure it is the UK's second largest airport. I have stayed at teh Birmingham hotel before - their is a monorail from the airport to the ***** Complex, of which the hotel is a part. Much, much, MUCH cheaper and easier than getting from Heathrow airport to the hotel. And I really hated the London hotel, so I welcome the change ....

You may be worried about flights from Stuttgart, but what about another nearby city ? I am sure some airport nearby will fly to Birmingham. I am pretty sure it is the UK's second largest airport.

It might be second largest in terms of area (I don't know), but in terms of busyness, it's rather down the league. According to the entry on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_International_Airport_%28UK%29): "It is the sixth busiest airport in the UK after London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Manchester Airport, London Stansted and London Luton."

• Showmasters Admin

is the room rate special one like in london

yes there will be one soon

jason

is the room rate special one like in london

yes there will be one soon

jason

well at the mo thet are charging 90 quid near enough per night and you gotta pay it all up front

well hope this changes as it will price me right out of it

Good News about 'Brum' it will make a change to be easier for the rest of us, why should London get it all there own way.

Come on you whinging Londoners get of your bottom's and come to Brum!!!

Loves all

von Dawson's Express

Thats exactly how I feel about London!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hello everyone

Let me tell you a little about the hotel.

The room rate wil be £60 plus vat per room.

Thats a lot cheaper than the Radisson.

Please do not try and book your room yet.

we will have a special page on the website for you to book on or we can do it for you.

The exhibitor space is stunning. Best i have seen.

The hotel is 5 minutes from Both the airport and ***** rail station.

You can easily walk from the station or take the free hotel hoppa bus from the airport or station.

I really like this hotel so why not make a weekend of it this time.

This year if you buy a gold pass you will also get into the pre dinner drinks reception on Saturday evening.

The show is going to be our best ever.

Dave Phillips

• 1 month later...