GUEST SUGGESTION: BRUCE CAMPBELL!

joestele

Have you read his book, If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor? He goes on about his feelings towards fans and fandom on there so I've heard. If you do a search there have been a few suggestion threads for him in the past.

Anyway, this was on wikipedia (it could just be BS but anyway...): When Campbell was at a booksigning, during a Q & A period a man asked him if he was going to make the rumoured Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash movie. Bruce Campbell replied "You're an idiot." :YAHOO::unsure:

Edited by nicky

Have you read his book, If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor? He goes on about his feelings towards fans and fandom on there so I've heard. If you do a search there have been a few suggestion threads for him in the past.

Anyway, this was on wikipedia (it could just be BS but anyway...): When Campbell was at a booksigning, during a Q & A period a man asked him if he was going to make the rumoured Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash movie. Bruce Campbell replied "You're an idiot." :D:crying:

I do have a copy of "If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor" and he does metion in the addendum 'Chins Across America - The Tour' about his promotional tour for the book and that he gets people to put their name on a post-it (same thing as Showmasters putting it on your ticket stubb), as well as a run-in with a kid named 'Ash' by his parents who is clearly not a fan!

He decided a long time back not to send autographs from requests made to his website. However, and I quote from the site:

"What about conventions, you ask? Absolutely - I'll sign whatever folks allow me to do - that's what they're all about and there is at least a little more to the autograph when I can put my clammy hand in yours for a nanosecond. There's also DESIGNATED time and space alloted for that type of thing. Granted, I don't do that many conventions these days, but any apperances are listed on my website."

Wikipedia = 95% B/S. Still, maybe not a good idea to hand a copy of 'Moontrap' for him to sign.....

You don't ask you'll never know!

This would be the ultimate meet for me so I wholly support this suggestion!

I can imagine Bruce calling the guy an idiot, but I can't imagine it was intended nastly as such, more in way of banter I reckon.

Anyway, this was on wikipedia (it could just be BS but anyway...): When Campbell was at a booksigning, during a Q & A period a man asked him if he was going to make the rumoured Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash movie. Bruce Campbell replied "You're an idiot." :dance::D

I do have a copy of "If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor" and he does metion in the addendum 'Chins Across America - The Tour' about his promotional tour for the book and that he gets people to put their name on a post-it (same thing as Showmasters putting it on your ticket stubb), as well as a run-in with a kid named 'Ash' by his parents who is clearly not a fan!

He decided a long time back not to send autographs from requests made to his website. However, and I quote from the site:

"What about conventions, you ask? Absolutely - I'll sign whatever folks allow me to do - that's what they're all about and there is at least a little more to the autograph when I can put my clammy hand in yours for a nanosecond. There's also DESIGNATED time and space alloted for that type of thing. Granted, I don't do that many conventions these days, but any apperances are listed on my website."

Wikipedia = 95% B/S. Still, maybe not a good idea to hand a copy of 'Moontrap' for him to sign.....

You don't ask you'll never know!

I have heard many rumors about Brucie being a crappy guest toward fans, but i'm hoping this quote from his site is acurate as I would love to meet him and would hope the experience to be a good one.

He's a funny one Bruce - He's built up this cult following on the basis of actually very little... Ash aside, he's done practically nothing of any real worth.

His performance as Elvis in 'Bubba Ho-Tep' is Oscar worthy in my opinion, but I see what you mean.

Well it's funny i'm reading this topic as i just found a webpage some days ago where someone talks about his meeting with Bruce, so i thought i should share as apparently there's many false ideas about Bruce's attitude towards the fans :D

Taken from

http://www.iconsoffright.com/Meet.htm

Bruce Campbell

Ok, I had met Bruce Campbell (the legendary Ash of the Evil Dead films) for the third time before this picture was taken, but every single time, he is everything you'd expect. Very funny and playful, and although he picks on you the second he eyes you over, it's because he really does love & appreciate his fans. I noticed one interesting thing about him... when talking to a table of fans over breakfast, he really likes to hear what they had to say. Where they come from, what they do. The works. He's an average guy & pokes fun at you if you look at him any differently then as an average guy himself. Also, his Q & A sessions border on stand up comedy, so try to check him out at one of these events. More genre people should take a cue from this man. He signed all my stuff for FREE on all 3 occasions. (I did have to buy his book though, which I would've bought anyways.) -rg. 8/02

So why not try to have him ? :YAHOO:

Edited by God L'Eponge

He signed all my stuff for FREE on all 3 occasions. (I did have to buy his book though, which I would've bought anyways.) -rg. 8/02[/i]

So why not try to have him ? :dance:

I think you just answered your own question. I've only ever heard him doing signings to promote his books.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i think it's fair to add that bruce campbell is one of the few americans to get the concept of irony.

he'd do a show if invited,especially as he's got a big film to promote next summer...

he's a good guy.

and moontrap was a great film,though not as good as maniac cop.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...