What's the most you'd spend on an autograph?

sagart

Have paid out in the past ;

£75 for a Jim Lovell (Apollo 13 Commander)

£40 for a Fred Haise (Apollo 13 Lunar Module Pilot)

£30 for Christopher Lee

Will be paying out £95+ for Buzz Aldrin at the next Autographica.

Think that the higher prices for the astronauts are worth it as they are part of our history & will always be remembered.

I am the same, minus Christopher Lee. I think a lot of you should come over to Autographica one day, you will soon be saying that the prices at Collectormania is cheap for autographs.

But I must say the money that I have paid for the likes of Jim Lovell and Frad Haise is well worth it. I would pay a hell of a lot more if they could get Neil Armstrong one of these days.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if the number of autograph tickets was limited, say 400, so you'd be guaranteed a minute or two with the guest to say 'hi' and get a personalisation, what would you pay for that and who would you pay it for?

That would be kinda nice if you were lucky enuff to be one of the 400 but imagine the stampede in the morning for the VTs: only 400 tickets available and 1000+ of fans wanting them. Probably a crew members worst nightmare.

Perhaps we could have a Platinum Pass that would include this top guest's autograph in the price so they would all be sold beforehand.

What if the number of autograph tickets was limited, say 400, so you'd be guaranteed a minute or two with the guest to say 'hi' and get a personalisation, what would you pay for that and who would you pay it for?

That would be kinda nice if you were lucky enuff to be one of the 400 but imagine the stampede in the morning for the VTs: only 400 tickets available and 1000+ of fans wanting them. Probably a crew members worst nightmare.

Perhaps we could have a Platinum Pass that would include this top guest's autograph in the price so they would all be sold beforehand.

Problem with that would be with guest cancelling. Look at the last two LFACC there cancellation lists had most of the major guests on it. So I could not see that many people wanting to pay out for a "Platinum" pass with the chance for guests dropping out.

I would still like to see a option much like the Autographica Gold Pass, where unlike the Collectormania onces you cant skip a queue but you do get a low number VQ ticket.

So many they could rename the current gold pass to Platinum Pass and they offer a Autographica Style Gold Pass for around that price £35. I think that would be cool.

I cant see Showmasters ever putting in person autographs in any package unless they offer one where you got a inperson autograph from every guest. But again unlikly

Although I’m not that keen to promote it – but wouldn’t bumping up the price stop all the VT scrambles.

You don’t see these same scrambles for the astronauts, probably because they’ve priced themselves above the more casual collector / fan.

Although I’m not that keen to promote it – but wouldn’t bumping up the price stop all the VT scrambles.

You don’t see these same scrambles for the astronauts, probably because they’ve priced themselves above the more casual collector / fan.

It isn't only the price, it's also a matter of the audience.

I'll probably step on some toes here, but a 15 year old Heroes fan is more likely to start running for a ticket for Hayden Panetierre than a person who'd go for the astronauts. :blush:

(My apologies to any 15 year old Heroes fans who didn't run for a Hayden ticket.)

Edited by Queen_Sindel

It isn't only the price, it's also a matter of the audience.

I'll probably step on some toes here, but a 15 year old Heroes fan is more likely to start running for a ticket for Hayden Panetierre than a person who'd go for the astronauts. :blush:

(My apologies to any 15 year old Heroes fans who didn't run for a Hayden ticket.)

Or the case maybe they would like the astonauts autograph but dont have the money to be able to get them. I know I would of loved to of started getting the likes of Buzz and Jim Lovell at that age but simply would not of had the money.

Had to start my autograph collection somewhere.

It's tricky really - a lot of the time I feel bad enough having to pay £15-20 for an autograph unless it's someone I really love, and just HAVE to have in my collection. There are always so many I COULD meet, but very few in comparison that I actually end up getting.

It would depend on who it was, and my reasons behind wanting to meet them etc - whether it be to complete something, or them being a favourite actor/actress/whatever. I don't think I have a particular limit.

I feel the same, well put.

Although I'm not sure I'd pay more than £20 for anyone...

This thread is bad as they charge enough anyway and all you people saying you'll spend xxx will just give them ideas :blush:

It's tricky really - a lot of the time I feel bad enough having to pay £15-20 for an autograph unless it's someone I really love, and just HAVE to have in my collection. There are always so many I COULD meet, but very few in comparison that I actually end up getting.

It would depend on who it was, and my reasons behind wanting to meet them etc - whether it be to complete something, or them being a favourite actor/actress/whatever. I don't think I have a particular limit.

I feel the same, well put.

Although I'm not sure I'd pay more than £20 for anyone...

This thread is bad as they charge enough anyway and all you people saying you'll spend xxx will just give them ideas :blush:

Very Very good point Chris Q

I have been fortunate to have seen so many people at film premieres to be able to afford to go to Collectormania and LFCCs. Having seen some of the prices for the autographs I truly treasure (that I got for free (waiting time not included)) I can now ssay that the most I've ever paid for an autograph is £25 and that was Carrie Fisher last year (and it wasn't even for my growing collection - it was for my husband).

The free-ish autographs I truly treasure:

Johnny, Orli & Keira on a POTC:DMC film cell and mini-poster set piece (that cost £5) 030706.

Nathan, Summer & Joss on a self-produced Serenity poster 051005 (added to to it at cost Alan & Ron, soon to be joined by Jewel (cost) and Chiwetel (free)).

Peter, Andy, Jack and Thomas on a King Kong cardboard billboard 081205.

I confess - I was one of the many that ran to get VTs for the Heroes cast at LFCC (total cost for those 4 £100(inc nice cardboard framed montage by RichArt Prints) - and will do so again at C12 only as it won't cost as much. Wallet says "Ouch".

Roll on Eclipse!!! :smile::blush::lol:

This thread is bad as they charge enough anyway and all you people saying you'll spend xxx will just give them ideas :smile:

Big guests may charge more but then that also means they'll probably charge SM more too for booking them.

Those who'll say they'll spend as much as £xxx+ don't speak for everyone here anyway so I don't see that its giving SM ideas at all...besides there's just as many people that'll say they won't spend more than £25. :blush: (yes, I realise you were only half-joking)

Edited by nicky

Those who'll say they'll spend as much as £xxx+ don't speak for everyone here anyway so I don't see that its giving SM ideas at all...besides there's just as many people that'll say they won't spend more than £25. :D (yes, I realise you were only half-joking)

Isn't that a bit like saying we shouldn't have First Class plane tickets because the majority of people won't buy them? Some people will; that's why there's a limited number of them.

I would pay £100.00 if I could get Harrison Ford to sign my Star Wars poster.

I also have a quick question for the people who have met Christopher Lee...

Is it true that he refuses to sign anything to do with Dracula? I have got a really old 12" record of Dracula with him telling a Hammer story I would love him to sign but was told he wouldn't even if I got to meet him. :thumbup:

I would pay £100.00 if I could get Harrison Ford to sign my Star Wars poster.

I also have a quick question for the people who have met Christopher Lee...

Is it true that he refuses to sign anything to do with Dracula? I have got a really old 12" record of Dracula with him telling a Hammer story I would love him to sign but was told he wouldn't even if I got to meet him. :thumbup:

At the last generic (ie non cd) signing he did I believe it said on his website he wouldn't sign anything Dracula or Space 1999 related. I'm not sure if thats the case at every generic signing he does but certainly popular opinion seems to suggest he won't sign Dracula stuff.

• Moderators

This thread is bad as they charge enough anyway and all you people saying you'll spend xxx will just give them ideas :thumbup:

Geez, excuse me for wanting to start a discussion. :thumbup:

I actually bet there's a fair few guests that Showmasters haven't got in the past because they've asked for too much, so the autograph price would have to be too high, and they know that the majority of attendees are happy enough with the £15-20 usual price. I'm sure there's a few exceptions of course, like Christopher Lee or someone, but I think they like to stick to the prices they usually have.

Those who'll say they'll spend as much as £xxx+ don't speak for everyone here anyway so I don't see that its giving SM ideas at all...besides there's just as many people that'll say they won't spend more than £25. :thumbup: (yes, I realise you were only half-joking)

Isn't that a bit like saying we shouldn't have First Class plane tickets because the majority of people won't buy them? Some people will; that's why there's a limited number of them.

Not sure how that relates to my quote but I was just saying that SM won't up the prices for all guests across the board cos there are just as many people who said they won't pay more than £xxx than people who will pay more - it's probably pretty much evenly balanced and doesnt lean to one side.

Some guests like the biggies will just be expensive cos that's the guests' asking price, I don't think it's SM that names the price. If anything I imagine they try to bring it down for us.

The most I would ever pay for an autograph is £25, mainly because I'm not rich and don't have endless streams of cash to spend at these events.

A lot of the time I have to decide between affording an autograph or affording food, so if the prices are too high I won't pay, no matter how much I want the auto.

It wasn't a case of how much I would spend - I had been so looking forward to meeting Andy Hallett at LFACC that I think my hubby would have been disappointed more than me that Andy had been cancelled (if I told him), so I lied and said the photo session had been cancelled but that I got an autograph - I paid £25 for an autographed photo from one of the stands. When I got home the authenticity slip fell out so he may or may not have an inkling plus the fact that I was more excited about Patrick Stewarts autograph and nowt said about Andy. So about £25.

Those who'll say they'll spend as much as £xxx+ don't speak for everyone here anyway so I don't see that its giving SM ideas at all...besides there's just as many people that'll say they won't spend more than £25. :D (yes, I realise you were only half-joking)

Not sure how that relates to my quote but I was just saying that SM won't up the prices for all guests across the board cos there are just as many people who said they won't pay more than £xxx than people who will pay more - it's probably pretty much evenly balanced and doesnt lean to one side.

Some guests like the biggies will just be expensive cos that's the guests' asking price, I don't think it's SM that names the price. If anything I imagine they try to bring it down for us.

I know SM do their best to keep the prices down, God bless them! It's whatever the stars are asking that they have to contend with. All I'm saying is that if there is a big guest who has been on loads of 'Please get him/her' lists but they demand a lot, is it worth examining if people will pay over the usual £20 for them. I don't want to have to pay though the nose for anyone, I'm only wondering if there are those who will pay more for something special (that's where the First Class plane ticket analogy came from) :wub:

For a personalised autograph by Viggo Mortensen I would pay very serious money. He's the only one left I have to get personised out of virtually all the LOTR cast including all the minor ones.

Have tried several times but failed to get my photos personalised :wub:

Hmm...difficult because I'm not interested in the autograph itself per se. (Yes, the 10x8s are a bonus and look very pretty stuck to my furniture but just a bonus). If all I got was to see the top of someone's head signing a piece of paper I wouldn't spend anything at all.

It's why even though I've been to pretty much every collectormania I only have a couple of autographs. First one I got was Grace Park, and though I know a lot of people were disappointed with her, she actually tried to have a conversation with everyone, and that's what made it for me.

I did spend £30 once to have a 45 minute coffee club with Brooke Nevin (and 20 odd other people) and I would so do that again. For that, and an actor/actress I really liked, I'd probably pay up to £75.

I'm leaning more towards photo sessions now. It's so much for both a photo and an autograph. Personalised photos might be worth it, but I'm not all that big on collecting autographs. I go to events intending to get quite a few but usually only end up with one or two from guests who are particularly special to me. Sometimes that guest will be very popular and I suppose I would pay maybe £30 or £40 for one of two people, though can't think of anyone right now lol.