Latest guest announcement Tom Atkins

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Latest guest announcement Tom Atkins

Lethal Weapon - Michael Hunsaker

Creepshow - Stan (prologue/epilogue) (uncredited)

Halloween III: Season of the Witch Dr. Daniel 'Dan' Challis

Escape from New York - Rehme

The Fog - Nick Castle

LethalWeapon_03.pngLethalWeapon_05.pngEscapeFromNY_08.pngm/reviews/a-m/halloween3/halloween3_shot2l.jpg[/img]Creepshow_06.pngEscapeFromNY_03.pngHalloween_187.pngFog_14.pngFog_29.png

http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=Tom+Atkins+

TWO Escape guests ? Nicky is going to soil himself !!
HOLY FCUKING SH!T!!!!!!!!

Another major Carpenter player and Lethal Weapon too!!! :D

Plus Maniac Cop and Night of the Creeps.

Edited by nicky

The Fog - Nick Castle
Hopefully the real Nick Castle to follow, he was Micheal Myers in original Halloween and co-wrote Escape From New York.

The Horror theme is doing real good thus far, keep it up!! :D

The Fog - Nick Castle
Hopefully the real Nick Castle to follow, he was Micheal Myers in original Halloween and co-wrote Escape From New York.

The Horror theme is doing real good thus far, keep it up!! :P

I 110% agree!!!! Awesome Guest and awesome guest suggestion too!!!! Nick Castle AND John Carpenter for CM12!!!!

The set of guests announced today (I think I came on last night and these names weren't on here then) have restored my faith in Collectormania (there weren't enough guests to warrant me coming to C11). I'm impressed (not being sarcastic)! I'd love to speak to him about Halloween 3 and The Fog, Halloween 3 moreso.

Edited by SunSpeed

At last a Lethal Weapon guest! :thumbup:
I was thinking that too, loved his performance even though he only had a couple of scenes, he made a good transition from being in despair one second to be totally crazy the next. Great death scene too. Edited by nicky

At last a Lethal Weapon guest! :WINCE:
I was thinking that too, loved his performance even though he only had a couple of scenes, he made a good transition from being in despair one second to be totally crazy the next. Great death scene too.

Great minds think alike!

• 2 weeks later...

Halloween 3 used to be slated a lot years ago, but from what I've read on film message boards on the web since then, it's been appreciated more. I initially didn't like it compared to the Michael Myers Halloween films, but now think it's a decent scary thriller with a great ending.

I too hope some good Halloween III photos are made available for autographs. Is it Showmasters who provide them? The only trouble is, is that by the Sunday the best photos, out of those made available for autographs, will have gone. I remember people saying on these boards at the time of C10 that a lot had gone after a day or two. I do remember there not being much choice of Juliet Landau photos for signing. I'll have to search on the web for screencaps/images from Halloween III, The Fog and Escape from New York to make photo prints from, if Tom Atkins and Adrienne Barbeau are still appearing at C12 when it gets closer to the end of October.

by the Sunday the best photos will have gone. I'll have to search on the web for screencaps/images from Escape from New York to make photo prints from.
Man, Escape From New York has a perfectly beautiful movie poster, one of the greatest there ever was. Why not just buy that? I have it and it's gonna look so good signed.

Halloween 3 used to be slated a lot years ago, but from what I've read on film message boards on the web since then, it's been appreciated more. I initially didn't like it compared to the Michael Myers Halloween films, but now think it's a decent scary thriller with a great ending.

I'm a huge Halloween fan and remember being huegly disappointed that Halloween III was Myers-less in 1983 when it was originally released, but I did actually love the story itself, so I just treated it as a seperate entity.

Subsequently I found out that the original Halloween was supposed to be one self contained film, but the studios pushed John Carpenter to write Halloween II (which he didn't want to do, but did so 'for the money'). At that time he and Debra Hill had decided that Halloween II would be the end of Myers and Loomis with the explosion at the hospital, and that the Myers Halloween would now be a two part story.

After the success of Halloween II the studios still wanted more from the Halloween title - and so the idea became that each subsequent Halloween they would release a different film based around the themes of Halloween, which is a pretty cool idea if you think about it, and makes me wonder what other stories we would have seen had Halloween III been a success. But it wasn't, and fans demanded the return of Michael Myers, which they got in 1988 with Halloween IV. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Nowadays I wish that the producers would just rename 3 as Halloween: Season of the Witch, (which they should have done way back when), and then drop the numbers from Halloween's 4 & 5 (6-8 have done this), then fans could look at the series as if H4 was infact the third entry in the 'Myers' Halloween series.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It would have been super if there had been a special edition DVD of Halloween III available to buy, but alas there's only a bare bones release of the film on DVD at the moment.

When I came on the Collectormania 12 website earlier I was glad I looked at all of the pictures of guests attending C12, because I've found out Tom Atkins is now only attending on Saturday and Sunday and not all three days as previously stated in one of the pinned threads in this folder.

Edited by SunSpeed