Travel Inn

Poppy

Hey guys

Not sure I am allowed to post this - but thought I should just in case - but I have stayed at the travel Inn central for every collectormania since c4 - we were not able to get in this early this time and have been ringing up to try every so often, finally there was vacancies today and we booked in and then asked the price just in case - they said £85 a night, we have never paid over the usual £58/9.

Thought I would warn people to double check this as you don't wanna be getting there and finding such an increase in charges. Apparently its an event weekend (and it hasn't been since C4?) and they charge a special rate.

we are probably gonna go somewhere else, but thought I should forewarn as know people usually have budgets when attending events like that and feel it is a disgusting increase in rates!

Poppy

Hey guys

Not sure I am allowed to post this - but thought I should just in case - but I have stayed at the travel Inn central for every collectormania since c4 - we were not able to get in this early this time and have been ringing up to try every so often, finally there was vacancies today and we booked in and then asked the price just in case - they said £85 a night, we have never paid over the usual £58/9.

Thought I would warn people to double check this as you don't wanna be getting there and finding such an increase in charges. Apparently its an event weekend (and it hasn't been since C4?) and they charge a special rate.

we are probably gonna go somewhere else, but thought I should forewarn as know people usually have budgets when attending events like that and feel it is a disgusting increase in rates!

Poppy

just so people know, I booked a room at the new Ramada last week and the web price was £50 a night

Yeah, that's the event rate that they quoted you, Poppy.

TI does raise the prices every time they get to know the date of Collectormania. Looks like so far you were lucky and booked early enough.

Normally they honour early bookings made at the old rate, but at C9 they even tried to charge me the event rate when I booked early enough and had to change my booking.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Looks like I have been lucky so far then!!

I think it is backfiring though, as with the big guests such as we have at collectormania this time, I have never known there to be vacancies before! Especially with two hotels (jury's inn and Ramada) nearby that are much much cheaper. I hope the Travel Inn ends up relatively empty!!

Jury's Inn is pretty cheap (£49 per room per night) although I'm not sure where exactly it is - I've looked it up on three different maps and it puts it in a different place every time! But I know it's still within walking distance of the mall.

• Showmasters Admin

Jury's Inn is pretty cheap (£49 per room per night) although I'm not sure where exactly it is - I've looked it up on three different maps and it puts it in a different place every time! But I know it's still within walking distance of the mall.

It's on the corner of Midsummers Blvd and Witan Gate. It's about 5 min walk to the centre and so about 10 mnute to the event (it's at the other end of the centre). It may take 15 mins if you don't walk quickly. For a point of reference the train station is at the bottom of Midsummers Blvd.

43387.gif

Edited by Too Tall

It's on the corner of Midsummers Blvd and Witan Gate. It's about 5 min walk to the centre and so about 10 mnute to the event (it's at the other end of the centre). It may take 15 mins if you don't walk quickly. For a point of reference the train station is at the bottom of Midsummers Blvd.

43387.gif

Thanks very much for the info!

43387.gif

Thanks very much for the info!

Hi guys i know long time no talk been too busy playing on my 360 online but been checking the site & forum to see whats new now i've booked at JURYS INN too bloody cheap :YAHOO:

• 2 months later...

This might have been a thread I looked at before C11 (I didn't end up going), but looking at the search results on my computer screen just now, after putting in "Travel Inn" as the search words and doing a search in all Showmasters forums, I found there are many threads with "Travel Inn" in the thread title. I picked this one at the top of the search results page.

I was interested in seeing how much they charge at the Travel Inn in Milton Keynes if I did come a day early and go to Collectormania the following day. I didn't go to C11 but it's likely that I will come to C12 because of the several guests attending who I'm interested in meeting. When is the best time to book a place at the Travel Inn before C12 in October?

Edited by SunSpeed

• 3 months later...

i ordered over the internet about 6 weeks ago for c12 and it only cost 25 a night for a double room. bargin!

But for which hotel though, as some of the nearer ones to MK shopping centre don't usually have a cheaper rate. I got a double for £15 but thats at a trevel Lodge thats 5miles from MK, luckily I drive to the event...

:YAHOO:

LLAP :clap: