Do you give your guests presents?

lee_c00per

I was wondering how many people get little gifts for soem of the guests they are metting.

As i MASSIVE A-team fan and being SO excited about meet the guys at C11 i can't wait, especially Dirk as 'The Face' was my favourite and i was thinking of getting him a Big Cigar as i know he likes them.

Does it sound stupid or geeky to do something like this?

Also what are the A-Team guys like to meet, will they happily do photos for you and chat if they have time?

• Moderators

Well, some would argue the whole concept of these events is geeky :wub: but no, I know some of the guests really appreciate the effort that some fans go to, and the A-Team guys are usually really friendly and chatty so I can't imagine you'll have any problems :lol:

I give them money (usually around 15£) so they can buy the gift they want :pyth:

:YAHOO:

good one

I´ve heard that the guests rarely keep their gifts, so I don´t know if there´s any in point in bringing gifts?

• Moderators

I know guests that have kept their gifts, depending on what they are .. some food stuff (home made usually) just gets thrown away for safety reasons .. and some guests give sweets etc to kids or whatever! BUT I know of some more personal gifts that have been kept, and seen on DVDs during interviews and stuff like that :pyth:

when I crew for events here (in Holland), and I get to PA for a guest, I usually bring them "stroopwafels", a kind of Dutch cookie. You can (just about) only get them over here (though I heard some English shops sell them nowadays), and most people really like them.

But gifts? No, I'm the kind to do that. I have on one occassion given a photograph to a guest, but that was the only thing I ever gave (except for the cookies).

Dwight and Dirk are awesome! They are sooooo friendly, and always try to give you some time and the feeling you're not fan #33254 they've seen.

I know guests that have kept their gifts, depending on what they are .. some food stuff (home made usually) just gets thrown away for safety reasons .. and some guests give sweets etc to kids or whatever! BUT I know of some more personal gifts that have been kept, and seen on DVDs during interviews and stuff like that :yoda:

ah good to know. Then I just have to fins something for James that he would like to keep then

What about me? :dance:

When i went to CM G-MEX i had some toys left over from when i went to see the wwe live (they were meant for Torrie and Candice but i never saw them) so i gave them to Bonnie Piesse and Julie Benz. If anyone does know what would be a suitable present for miss carpenter then i`d be really grateful for the information.

Also like others have already said, Dirk and Dwight are great guys and Dwight especially is really great to talk to.

It's not an easy thing to answer really. If you think about the statistics, if a guest sees 500 people a day and every 10th person gift, that's a lot of stuff and the fact is that they simply can't transport all of them home. It has been said before that a lot of stuff does get dumped, but if you want to give them something go ahead, try and keep it personal or original. If the guest keeps being given the same thing from lots of people they aren't likely to keep any of them.

I always assumed that gifts would be disposed of for security reasons so I've never bothered.

No i gave vincent Kartheiser and Julie Bnez something back in 2003 and then when i sae Vinnie again he told me he had it in his Bedroom which was cool :thumbup: Ive gave summer glau a necklace and she wrote to me at christmas to say she wears it :unsure: ive gave a few things to clare kramer and elisabeth harnois i gave her a special braclet which she wore all day and even if the photo session and stuff she loved it! but thats it, i gave andy hallett a get better gift but thats it, ive gave little letters b4, u dont have to buy a guest a gift.

Edited by Charisma

you should see the stuff James gets given really lovely silver chains and celtic stuff, letters, cards, clothing some people spend a lot of money - he must go home with box loads at all his cons, i know he does give a lot to the crew too and people he knows.

I have given stuff to most of the buffy cast i have met before the girls i usually buy jewellery for or you can get great tshirts from Cafe Press with some of their quotes on which i love too. But food always good. Its my birthday on sunday so i will be giving the buffy guests some of my birthday cake if theres any left.

nicky