CM10 Looking Poor So Far

Batman

I agree with DavidB, you might find it poor but other people think it might be a really good line up. Personally I think it's ok, but I will only be meeting Lance Henrikson, Yaphet Kotto maybe Adam Baldwin, Marcia Wallace and Alex Vincent.

I still think there are some more good guests to be announced before the event.

from a personal view, i reckon its a good lineup - i can see 7 names i'd definately want.

even outside those names, its a veryy respectable lineup. sure, i don't see carrie up there - but do we want her every damn time?! i'm sure she's lovely and al;l, and she's a big name, but we could do with a few less-known names who are rare once every so often.

and don't forget there's about 5 weeks to go. i'd be a little worried if this was the lineup in the last 2 weeks - but surely the show isn't all about names? there's so much stuff to look at, and thats excluding the proper shops.

relax.

Some people may think Ernie Hudson is an average guest , others will hate him , some will love him .

The same goes for ALL the guests at this and every event .

All these events are down to individual taste and people are gonna hate them and love them equally . Some people even think that we are all a bunch of geeks for wanting to meet these people - and everyone and no-one is right .

If you don't like it , don't go or do go or whatever - but no-one loves a whiner :P

Or do we all love one - I'm not sure now myself :unsure:

Thanks for your opinion , it's just what I was missing in my life :D

• Moderators

I do think topics like this one are a little bit pointless, just because each event is appreciated on different levels by different people, and you can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

Something for everyone/a strong variety should be aimed for, with a mix of fairly big names, popular stars, and rare signers .. there are ones that very few people would request yet when they're announced you look at their IMDB and it's like 'wow, they've been in everything!' yet the name may not be as well known to you.

Some people accept seeing a COUPLE of guests as a good event, others meet half the lineup or more!

I don't actually know one single guest at all. I'm going for the cool stuff to buy and to see my friends!

I do believe that either you have never watched TV or moviess , or that you may be talking out of something down below .:unsure:

I do think topics like this one are a little bit pointless, just because each event is appreciated on different levels by different people, and you can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

Something for everyone/a strong variety should be aimed for, with a mix of fairly big names, popular stars, and rare signers .. there are ones that very few people would request yet when they're announced you look at their IMDB and it's like 'wow, they've been in everything!' yet the name may not be as well known to you.

Some people accept seeing a COUPLE of guests as a good event, others meet half the lineup or more!

I agree with DavidB

I have an intrest in a wide range of sci-fi / fantasy / cult.

this line consists of Bond / Simpsons / Buffy / Aliens / X-files / Horror / Trek / Sci-fi Movies and others

what more do you want from a collectormania fair :unsure:

I don't actually know one single guest at all. I'm going for the cool stuff to buy and to see my friends!

I do believe that either you have never watched TV or moviess , or that you may be talking out of something down below .:uhoh:

And what do you know about it?

I personally, have not heard of any of them.

Personally I'm loving the line-up at the moment.

It will be fantastic, particularly if you like z list stars and bit part actors.

Only kidding, personally, despite the fact id like to think i have a pretty wide range of interests in terms of film and sci fi, the only name that appeals to me on this line up so far is juliet landau. However, obviously other people have different interests, but personally ill hold out hopes for one or two more guests that will appeal to me

I must admit that this year, the 2 best cons have been CM9 & LFCC, in terms of the amount of varied/rare/just plain nice guests at each one, and although CM10 is not yet reaching those giddy heights in terms of it's guest list, I already have 5 definates and 2 maybes that I'm after, so CM10 is getting my "two thumbs up" seal of approval. :P

I think the "disapointing" lineup is the result of the two previous shows having been so huge. You can't always have loads of "big name" actors at a show, particularly in the later half of the year when most people are filming. My fave CM's have generally been the odd-numbered ones (CM3, CM5, CM7, CM9, with CM4 being the exception-hobbits galore, lol!), and the even numbered oned (CM6, CM8, possibly CM10) having fewer or even no guests I'm interested in, giving me a chance to spend on those lovely dealers tables.

CM10 does have a good lineup at the moment, catering for a wide variety of interests and genres. I'd love to see some "big name" guests announced, but if they're not, there's always CM11, or G-Mex, or LFCC, or Celebration Europe, or.....well, you get the picture! :D

Hopefully CM10 will be a big hit with newcomers and regular con-goers alike, regardless of guests there's plenty else to keep one busy at these shows.

• Moderators

The only problem I have with people wanting "big names" is that ... well, you'll STILL get people complaining.

Burt Reynolds was LOVED by many, yet some see him as a washed up has-been and couldn't care less!

Elijah Wood - terrific fan reaction but some couldn't care less about LOTR or Sin City etc.

The overall quality of a guest is as much in the eye of the attendee as the quality of the lineup itself is .. it's the way these things work really! Some people love 80s shows, others like more recent ones. Some people LOVED The Coreys, others didn't know who the hell they were lol

I think its a great line up, personnally CM9 was not good for me, but as someone once said, "you can only please some of the people some of the time not all the people all the time " - or something.

I do think some people still hanker on to the days of CM when LOTR was around and lots of little girlies wanted just hobbits, now its getting more varied as it should be - well done SM

obiton

I do believe that either you have never watched TV or moviess , or that you may be talking out of something down below .:uhoh:

I've seen more TV & films than you've had hot dinners m8.

Got 2 Terrabytes of TV shows on Hard Drive, not to mention over 700 original VHS films and 300 original DVD's.

Watch it all on my home theartre system.

I'm just a little dissapointed with these so called Z list celebs appearing.

5.gif

Edited by Batman

• Moderators

Z-List = Big Brother contestants :P

If you look at the calibre of the guests at C10 and what they've been in etc, they may not be to YOUR own personal tastes, but that doesn't make them crap.

Hell, I'm not meeting half of them but I don't sit here calling it all sh*t and tell them to 'step it up ..

I see no point in comparisons with previous events. No line up will ever be replicated, no-one will ever want the same things from any two events anyway. Things change from one event to the next, and there won't always be a GREAT lineup for every person who attends.

Z-List = Big Brother contestants :P

If you look at the calibre of the guests at C10 and what they've been in etc, they may not be to YOUR own personal tastes, but that doesn't make them crap.

Hell, I'm not meeting half of them but I don't sit here calling it all sh*t and tell them to 'step it up ..

I see no point in comparisons with previous events. No line up will ever be replicated, no-one will ever want the same things from any two events anyway. Things change from one event to the next, and there won't always be a GREAT lineup for every person who attends.

Not really sure where in my original post I refered to the event as crap or sh*t...?

Quote:-

Appart from Ernie Hudson I think CM10 is looking very poor in comparison to previous events.

If things stay as they are I think my visit to the event will be a very short & cheap one.

Come on CM step it up..!

Edited by Batman

the voice of kitt is needed by some of the more serious collectors for completeness.

not to mention the part where he's done other stuff too. in fact, his IMDB listing is certainly respectable - not, perhaps, the biggest, but certainly varied.

some ppl will pick an actor/actress and follow their career. perhaps someone has followed his, and needs his autograph on something.

and loads of us growing up wanted at some point to drive kitt - so don't slag us off please. we, like you, are human, and we, like you, have OUR tastes.

Oh yes, I did the voice of K.I.T.T. in the Knight Rider show.

Ooh wow, can I have your autograph..?

7.gif

you insult the actor who voiced K.I.T.T. in Knight Rider as well as 2 cameos in simpsons an cult icon known around the world.

but the only actor you want is only remembered for a role in ghostbusters & OZ a show which is rearly shown.

as for Z listed guests

how can you insult the likes of

LANCE HENRIKSEN

PETER GRAVES.

MARCIA WALLACE

MEGAN GALLAGHER

i never Know

SHAME ON YOU :P