Hands up...

feralmoggy

I cry at everything, but there are levels, and this was near the top. I was practically weeping! It rivalled some of the more dramatic moments of Sailormoon in terms of emotion. I'm new to the show in that I've only seen Eccleston and Tennant in the role, but I've really enjoyed it so far. This series has been better than the last, in my opinion, and tonight was simply incredible. All the subplots regarding Rose, her family and Mickey that have built up over the last two series were resolved beautifully. Her final scene with the Doctor was heartbreaking. They should have let him say it, after everything that's happened and all the times it's been teased.

My heart was in my throat the whole time. Millions of Daleks, millions of Cybermen, people dying left and right, it was just epic from start to finish. In my opinion, this series built on the last in every respect. If the next series can even rival it, then this show will enjoy another good long run. The set-up for the Christmas special looked interesting. I await it eagerly.

I couldn't believe it, even I felt some emotion due to this episode!!

and I'm a 32 year old guy, who normally laughs at these sort of scenes!!

I now think more than ever that Billie Piper is actually a far better actress than singer, I've now had to eat my words about her, when I heard that she was the Doctor's assistant.

My initial thoughts were "here we go, another Popstar turned wannabe actress.." and how that Doctor Who was spoiled due to this.

How wrong I was, I really do hope that Showmasters can get her and David Tennant to an event!!

I did too. I think I started as soon as the Dr was trying to get her to go but I wasn't crying too much and I was trying to hid it from my parents so they didn't laugh or something but then the end bit and the whole 'I love you' bit made me cry again :(:( I do wish he'd been allowed to say it to her. I had presumed that Rose died so I liked the fact they had tricked us really and that she hasn't really gone completely. :D

Omg that was a phenomenal episode!! :(

Couldn't believe they didn't let him say "I love you" back!! I did think it was harsh - not even a hug goodbye :D whereas she got to kiss Chris Eccleston!

I'm gonna have to watch it again I reckon - I missed something he said at the end, right after Rose tells him she loves him.

But remember the ep The Satan Pit, where he's about to tell that woman to tell Rose he loves her - and then he says "Oh... she knows..."

You know, I'm not sure what to expect from the xmas episode - or next season actually... I don't like the idea of another companion! :(

I haven't thought much of this series compared to the Christopher Ecclestone one but DT finally won me over last night. It was really well written and had the potential to be the best episode since Dr. Who returned.

That was until the Catherine Tate appearance.

Nothing against her, I will admit I'm not a fan of her show apart from the Bovvered and old gran bits and apparently she was a part of the Royal Shakespeare Company before she got into comedy but I just think it was a cheap way to end things because it was basically oh yeah we've built up to Rose having to leave and let's just pimp our Xmas special that's going to have nothing to do with it. It just seemed to take away all of the emotion that had been shown for the sake of saying "There is this random woman in the TARDIS, now you must watch the Xmas special to find out why".

Until all that though, top notch :(

I really do hope that Showmasters can get her and David Tennant to an event!!

I also hope Showmasters can get them both to a future event. That would be terrific!!!

I don't mind saying that I was close to tears at the end of last nights episode :crying: and I'm NOT one

that usually shows my emotions.

I really do hope that Showmasters can get her and David Tennant to an event!!

I also hope Showmasters can get them both to a future event. That would be terrific!!!

i also hope so!

I thought last night's episode was fantastic! I was on the verge of crying at the end, but then Catherine Tate turned up, and I just htough "WTF?!". Can't wait until the Christmas special! :crying:

The phrase crying like a baby springs to mind!! As soon as he told her she'd be stuck in the other world without him I started. The emotion between them from there on was just fantastic and brilliantly written. Some of the episodes have sometimes seemed lacking in something but this was without doubt the best. For both episodes I'd been so confussed over the 3-D glasses so glad they finally explained that! A huge big awwwwww for Mickey. As much as she cares about him he knows she'll never love him like the doctor which has godda be harsh. And I loved the twist I like I'm sure most did assuming she'd die when she lost grip on the lever but I'm glad she didn't "die" as such.

Overall I was expecting them to just kill her off in the middle of the darlek/cyberman fight in torchwood but they exceeded my expectations and was a great ending, an ending Rose deserved.

I'm gonna have to watch it again I reckon - I missed something he said at the end, right after Rose tells him she loves him.

Me and mum had trouble figuring that out aswell but after rewinding the tape a few times we've decided that he said "Quite right to"

I'll admit my eyes were a little damp during the whole travelling to find the voice bit. The end sequence was very well acted, but I think it was a shame that Catherine Tate had to be involved. Kind of killled the emotional ending. Would have been better to have her crop up in some kind of sequence after the credits as a teaser trailer for the Christmas Special.

Paul

OMG!

i sobbed my little heart out! it was horrible to see her go! and i hated the fact that fact that she wanted to stay but im glad that pete saved her just in time!

oh i need a tissue! *runs for kleenx*

kinda disapointed she didnt get zapped in the end! lol

but a fun ending but far to random with person showing up in tardis for no reason

i loved the darleks chattin to the cybermen

cyber : "you would defeat the cybermen with 4 darleks?"

Darlek : "we would defeat the cybermen with 1 darlek"

Me and mum had trouble figuring that out aswell but after rewinding the tape a few times we've decided that he said "Quite right to"

Ah! Thanks for that!

Yeah I did think the random appearance of Catherine Tate in the Tardis ruined the end a bit... wtf?!

Hey, I just thought - you know how the Doctor talked to her in her dreams etc - how come he can't still do that then?

Although the ending was *so* sad, bits of the ep were really funny though - like at the end when he explains he's just a hologram, so she can't touch him, and he can't come in person because 2 universes would implode (or something), and she goes "So??" :wub::P

I cried, very sad. Poor Rose! :chair:

I think the Catherine Tate may have been put in, just to let the audience stop crying for a short moment to be told more adventures lie ahead. I stopped but then as soon as the credits came on and got teary eyed again.

I'll get the quote wrong, but I loved it when the Cybermen and the Daleks were talking and Micky said it was like a conversation with Stephen Hawkins and the Talking Clock.

I thought he said "Rose Tyler..." which was meant to lead into "I love you" but he never had the chance to say the second but. That was one thing that niggled me so much was that he said "Rose Tyler" so much but it seemed natural that he would say it before he said he loved her.

On a side note before the tears there was the trembling jaw on my part as well. Glad the bf wasn't there as well as he'd only take the mick out of me.