Hands up...

feralmoggy

I'm gonna have to watch it again I reckon - I missed something he said at the end, right after Rose tells him she loves him.

Me and mum had trouble figuring that out aswell but after rewinding the tape a few times we've decided that he said "Quite right to"

I thought he said "Rose Tyler..." which was meant to lead into "I love you" but he never had the chance to say the second but. That was one thing that niggled me so much was that he said "Rose Tyler" so much but it seemed natural that he would say it before he said he loved her.

On a side note before the tears there was the trembling jaw on my part as well. Glad the bf wasn't there as well as he'd only take the mick out of me.

Mine was fast asleep next to me cause I was watching it at 1am! I taped it due to being at work last night so put it on when I got home, Can't believe how much I cried!!

Edited by Aragorns_Princess

I can't stand Catherine Tate either, so I'm expecting the Christmas Special to be right up there with the "Love and Monsters" episode (I don't like Peter Kay either) and be absolute rubbish.

Anyone have any ideas about what happens in the Chistmas special???

I know there's supposed to be a special guest or plot twist, but who else thinks it should end with Catherine Tate being spaced?????

who else thinks it should end with Catherine Tate being spaced?????

There's only one thing for it.......

EX-TER-MI-NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!!!!!!!

:D

Mel

Nope. Far too quick for my liking.

Even Explosive Decompression would be too humane.

Maybe turn her into a Cyberman, then deactivate the emotional inhibitor, and let her go Insane......

EDIT: Even better than that. :wub: Throw her into the Void between Dimentions!!!!!!

Edited by Tony_Jay

:D Yep I cryed

I think Rose n the Dr are just a gr8 match!

I started when she said "i love u". It killed me that he didnt get to finnish saying it :clap:

I recon that in the very last Dr who he should turn mortal for all the good hes done , and then get to live with Rose n they get married n live happly ever after lol Being hopeful there an't I? lol :wub: lol

Wots with Catherine Tate!!??? Dunno if the Dr should put up with her so soon after loseing his Girl!!! lol

Edited by Jaici

kinda disapointed she didnt get zapped in the end! lol

but a fun ending but far to random with person showing up in tardis for no reason

i loved the darleks chattin to the cybermen

cyber : "you would defeat the cybermen with 4 darleks?"

Darlek : "we would defeat the cybermen with 1 darlek"

haha i thought it was funny when these word were exchanged!!!!!

cyber : "you have declaird war"

darlek: "this is not war it's pest control"

tee hee hee :D

kinda disapointed she didnt get zapped in the end! lol

but a fun ending but far to random with person showing up in tardis for no reason

i loved the darleks chattin to the cybermen

cyber : "you would defeat the cybermen with 4 darleks?"

Darlek : "we would defeat the cybermen with 1 darlek"

haha i thought it was funny when these word were exchanged!!!!!

cyber : "you have declaird war"

darlek: "this is not war it's pest control"

tee hee hee :D

What makes it even better, is that it looks like it would have only taken one Dalek to wipeout every Cyberman on Earth.

The exchange of words between The Doctors two arch-enemys was quite amusing.

The Cybermen had not come across Daleks before, meaning, unlike the Cybermen of this Dimention, they did not know how to deal with them.

I'm sure that the Cybermen of our Dimention would have had better success against those Daleks, and against the Alternate Cybermen.

Hey, there's an idea for a future episode, Our Cybermen against the Alternate Cybermen.

Who do you think would win?????????????

just finished watchin it - i didn't cry, but it was damn hard not to.

i think the last few words (from what i could make out) between the doctor and rose were:

"i love you"

"quite right too. and though there's no chance of stayin... rose tyler - " (close of rift.)

i THINK thats what was said, but i wouldn't swear to it. he certainly seemed to be about to say the same back to her, particularly if the tears afterwards were anythin to go by.

but... don't think anyone else has mentioned this... did anyone else notice the "emergency temporal vortex" (or somesuch word) dalek? the one that was surrounded by a light blue that was a bit different than the colour of the sky? they're not dead yet. not by a long shot, even if it is only one survivor.

agree with ditz/hero of time, on their quotes bein amusin - and to add, the obvious fear of the daleks once the doctor was named!!! :D

omg!! I cried so much!! I got to work earlier and the guy i work with started talking about it and admitted that he cried and it was the first episode he had watched.

I cant believe he didnt get to say that he loved her, i just wanted to give him a massive hug when they showed him with tears going down his face. It was the perfect ending though am glad that they really threw everyone with reporting that rose died.

SM need to get David Tennant to cm 10 and i will sit by his table all day staring at his pretty face!!!

i think the last few words (from what i could make out) between the doctor and rose were:

"i love you"

"quite right too. and though there's no chance of stayin... rose tyler - " (close of rift.)

I THINK thats what was said, but i wouldn't swear to it. he certainly seemed to be about to say the same back to her, particularly if the tears afterwards were anythin to go by.

I didn't think I'd had any problem hearing what was said until I read this thread and saw other suggestions. But I'm still pretty sure I heard it right.

What we heard was -

"I love you"

"Quite right too. And I suppose, if it's my last chance to say it..Rose Tyler..."

And yes, I cried buckets.

Edited by timpe

agreed - but at least it was better this time than it was during the satan pit stuff :D

though i'm surprised this stuff isn't caught durin editing... unless in this case they wanted ppl to be unsure?

btw - just remembered, someone mentioned the dr can speak to rose in her dreams? i think that was only because he was burning up a sun, and there was still a breach... but thats just a guess.

DoctorwithTARDIS.jpg

I was fortunate enough to watch it at BAD WOLF Dr. who convention surrounded by two hundred Dr. Who fans on a big screen!! Noel Clarke was watching it two rows away...

It was the BEST EVER!!!!!!!!

Did I cry....

Oh I cant tell u that!!!

ps. I had a drink with Rose's Dad Shaun Digwell after the screening.

"Quite right too. And I suppose, if it's my last chance to say it..Rose Tyler..."

Yeah, that was it definitely.

btw - just remembered, someone mentioned the dr can speak to rose in her dreams? i think that was only because he was burning up a sun, and there was still a breach... but thats just a guess.

Oh yeah, good point. Ah well!:blink:

Yeah, that was it definitely.

Yeah, I watched it again last night and it's definitely what I posted. So sad.

the clue is in the titles...

'doctor who'.

not 'rose tyler'!

she's the assistant,nothing more...

and come on now,let's not be too harsh on catherine tate.

let the christmas show stand for itself... and don't base your judgement on the thirty second epilogue.

'doctor who'.

not 'rose tyler'!

let the christmas show stand for itself... and don't base your judgement on the thirty second epilogue.

I don't know about anyone else, but MY reaction to Catherine Tate has less to do with that short part in Saturday's episode, and more to do with that rediculously CRAP "Comedy" show of hers.

If that's what people now-a-days call comedy, I don't think I'll bother with it. And I'm only 22.

Bring back Blackadder and the comedy like that.

And for those of you who want to complain about off-topic threads, BlackAdder starred Rowan Atkinson, who has starred as The Doctor in the past. :whistling::P:o

but... don't think anyone else has mentioned this... did anyone else notice the "emergency temporal vortex" (or somesuch word) dalek? the one that was surrounded by a light blue that was a bit different than the colour of the sky? they're not dead yet. not by a long shot, even if it is only one survivor.

I noticed this the 2nd time round I watched the episode, as you say, they're not dead yet!!

I noticed this the 2nd time round I watched the episode, as you say, they're not dead yet!!

I noticed it too ... the music wasn't too loud. Did I say that I find the music too loud? :headscratch:

'doctor who'.

not 'rose tyler'!

I don't know about anyone else, but MY reaction to Catherine Tate has less to do with that short part in Saturday's episode, and more to do with that rediculously CRAP "Comedy" show of hers.

If that's what people now-a-days call comedy, I don't think I'll bother with it. And I'm only 22.

Bring back Blackadder and the comedy like that.

And for those of you who want to complain about off-topic threads, BlackAdder starred Rowan Atkinson, who has starred as The Doctor in the past. :thumbup::blush::unsure:

hear hear!

same age, and while i haven't watched tate's own show, i avoid most TV on basis that its all crap - no real point in it. and her short part really wasn't enough to interest me in starting to watch it...

now blackadder truly was a masterpiece.

I noticed it too ... the music wasn't too loud. Did I say that I find the music too loud? :YAHOO:

so glad i'm not alone seein it, if i had been i'd have thought i'd imagined it! :blink:

but... can they really make the daleks a big enemy at the end of the third series as well?? i mean, they've finished 2 seasons already with them bein wiped out, a third season's end might get repetitive... :headscratch:

but... can they really make the daleks a big enemy at the end of the third series as well?? i mean, they've finished 2 seasons already with them bein wiped out, a third season's end might get repetitive... :unsure:

Yeah... In last week's Confidential RTD was saying how he'll never kill off the daleks or something, or they'll always come back - something like that...

But it would get a bit stupid if they wheeled them out for each finale :smile:

The last episode has to be probably the best one of both series of the new Dr Who.

It was extremely well written, with the exception of the ending, pity they all couldn't have been written like that, the music was loud for a reason as people will now wonder and debate what the Doctor's last words were to Rose and will become part of the Dr Who mythology, like Jimmy Cagney's "you dirty rat", and it was very well acted.

Being old enough to remember the original Doctor, which to a young child was very scary, and the first regeneration when William Hartnell turned into flute playing Patrick Troughton into Jon Pertwee into Tom Baker etc, ther have been a couple of times when the Doctor has been " in love" with his assistant, Jon Pertwee and Katy Manning probably being the most memorable when she goes off to marry a scientist in Wales who lives on a self sufficient commune.

So for this reason alone, and for interacting more with his companions in the future, I think that is why the could not have the Dr tell Rose " I love you".

But, saying that it was probably one of the most emotional episodes ever in the history of Dr Who.