complaints

Howie

:pyth: Would just like to respond to a few of the complaints.

1) Queues were clearly marked for those at the front. I would encourage showmasters to use a few of their staff to walk the line in the last hour before opening to reasure/inform customers as to which q they have joined. Hopefully this will prevent most q'ing accidents.

2) You can't let pre-pay customers in before on the day ticket buyers. Both tickets cost the same so what right do pre-pay customers have to get in before on the day buyers. Pre-payers have the advantage of not stopping at the tills to pay so several hundred will be through the gates before the first hundred on the dayers have. Showmasters have clearly stated the advantage of pre-paying for tickets in there FAQ's section but the advantage only applies to those who get there early.

3) I did feel sorry for the gold ticket buyers. After a large investment like that they should at least be allowed in 15 minutes before everyone else. These are your VIP customers. Treat them better.

4) Whilst most SM staff I have met down the years have been great people, there is sadly a breed of ticket queue gods emerging. Please don't talk to me as if i'm a retarded naughty 5 year old. Simply smile and give instructions politely. I have worked in a service enviroment all my life and have found that in 95% of cases sugar works better than vinegar.

5) Having said that i find it amazing that some people stay so pleasant all day long! My thanks to all those guests and staff that have held it together all day in the face of some very very rude people!

6) To the person who paid £24 to park at Earl's Court. It costs £18.50 if you pre-book using the on-line facility via the link on showmasters travel details page. But still £18.50 for 7 hours parking OW! Please move back to Wembley! (Selfish reason - I live 20 minutes on the train from Wembley) (Non-selfish reason - Wembley was a better venue than Earl's Court but that's just my opinion other people will disagree).

7) Very sorry to hear that Mr Lee was unable to attend due to injury. Would it be possible to get Mr Lee to come to the another show? Manage that Showmasters and your first Rings Convention could well be a sell out!

8) £2.00 for a f***ing cookie and £1.80 for a bottle of water! Water for gods sake! Earl's Court you should be ashamed of yourself. If I ever have to return to your facilities again I will bring my own supplies. Shame on you.

9) Please can you restrict the number of autographs that any one person can get to 5. After a very long wait to meet the wonderfull Elijah I was annoyed to find one lady, a few people in front of me, request 11 yes 11 autographs. She took nearly 10 minutes selecting all her photos to be signed therefore holding up the queue for sometime. A dozen or so people probably missed out on their opportunity on Saturday thanks to this selfish individual. Please stop this.

10)) Despite the above, thank you again Showmasters for a great day out.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought there was a limit of 5 autos per person ...... :D

If there was this lady clearly got around the rule somehow.

There is a 5 autographs limit but there are exceptions for sponsors of the show

Oh, and again, not showmasters fault, at least, I dont think it was SM crew, sure it was UK Garrison people (just remember seeing black t-shirts with white writing), but how rude were they majority of the time!! The guys in costume were great, and having a good laugh and playing around, but the non-costumed people walking them around demanding everyone moves out of the way were just being plain rude, no "could you back up please" it was "Get out of the way now!" as they pushed you back and barged past clearing way for the ones in costume! Several friends had this happen to them and were getting quite irate about being pushed around like that..yes I know those helmets are difficult to see out of (ive worn one) and people should move out of the way, but if those guys can be polite still, then im sure the 'walkers' could be too! Perhaps next SM event someone could have a word with them to be a little nicer to people!

Heard/seen this before about UK Garrison. Maybe they should just stop showing up? Or at least being told to stay away, right nasty b-ggers. :D

ok u may not like them but i think they're great, have you stopped to think maybe they have actually been polite and it didn't work so they had to resort to other matters that did....did yah, did yah, huh huh......

i know i wouldn't want to be trampled by a stormie

My biggest complaint is that us holding a gold pass weren't let in before hand. They opened up all doors, and while we were standing in line, waiting to get our pass, people were running around like crazy all around us. Plus, some of the gold passes hadn't even been preperred yet - the green line hadn't been attached to the pass itself yet, and honestly, just a suggestion - but them in alphabetical (or however you spell it) order next time - wille make it much easier finding the right gold pass for the right person.

Apart from that, I had a great weekend :)

i thought there was a limit of 5 autos per person ...... :D

If there was this lady clearly got around the rule somehow.

There is a 5 autographs limit but there are exceptions for sponsors of the show

Sorry, but this lady was not working for any of the show sponsors. I suspect she used her husband in order to get a second green ticket. However, one ticket was circled 5 and on the second ticket the 'other' box at the end had been filled in with 6. I'm not one for whining but she really took the biscuit. I always endeavour to use as little of the guests time as possible when there's a large crowd as I know how gutted I would be to miss out on a special guest. So I paid particular attention to this person and what they were doing.

i guess my only complaint would be for someone else...after hearing it though i thought i'd say something.

apparently someone went to get a pic with one of the models and she grabed her top n said out or in.....i'm guessing she kept them in but seriously there are kids that come to this show, is that really neccesary! keep stuff like that for shows that are more appropriate....even morrigan hell and kitty claw were better mannered than that....

ok i'm done

The limit is only if there's a virtual queue in action ... but that doesn't really count in this case :D

Someone wasn't keeping to this rule in the elijah queue the couple in front of me and my friends had 10 items each and it took a while for them to pick them up afterwards so my friends pic was signed before she was even stood in front of elijah.

. And to be fair it was stated in the faqs that it would be £20 per attendee for the photoshoots. So two people in the photograph - £40 and one photo.

I'd like to add to that if I may.

I was one of the crew memebrs assisting with Elijahs photo shoot on saturday. Yes it was £20 per person, but it also included a 2nd copy of the photograph for the 2nd person. When this decision was made i do not know i'm afraid. A lot of people were happy with that, especially a group of 3 ladies who all wanted to be in the picture, and were pleased when I informed them they would recieve a copy of the picture each.

Oh and by the way, I was the guy handing tickets out for your bags lol

2) You can't let pre-pay customers in before on the day ticket buyers. Both tickets cost the same so what right do pre-pay customers have to get in before on the day buyers.

Actually, if you buy though the online store, you have to pay an EXTRA £2 so their not the same price then are they :huh:

8) £2.00 for a f***ing cookie and £1.80 for a bottle of water! Water for gods sake! Earl's Court you should be ashamed of yourself. If I ever have to return to your facilities again I will bring my own supplies. Shame on you.

Im guessing you dont do many events? Especially in summer..I ALWAYS go to events prepared with at least 2 bottles of something to drink, and possibly some buiscuits or something to keep me going during the day so I dont have to pay £4 for a half stale and disgusting sarnie..

Was also a couple of good take aways outside around the corner, burger, chips AND drink for £3.50!! Cheaper than the horrible sarnie on its own inside!

So yes, next time, stock up! :D

apparently someone went to get a pic with one of the models and she grabed her top n said out or in.....i'm guessing she kept them in but seriously there are kids that come to this show, is that really neccesary! keep stuff like that for shows that are more appropriate....even morrigan hell and kitty claw were better mannered than that....

Oh dear lord there had to be one didnt there..are glamour models not allowed sense of humours anymore?? Or if they/she really was serious, damnit that makes me even more depressed that I missed them! :blush:

Oh, and again, not showmasters fault, at least, I dont think it was SM crew, sure it was UK Garrison people (just remember seeing black t-shirts with white writing), but how rude were they majority of the time!! The guys in costume were great, and having a good laugh and playing around, but the non-costumed people walking them around demanding everyone moves out of the way were just being plain rude, no "could you back up please" it was "Get out of the way now!" as they pushed you back and barged past clearing way for the ones in costume! Several friends had this happen to them and were getting quite irate about being pushed around like that..yes I know those helmets are difficult to see out of (ive worn one) and people should move out of the way, but if those guys can be polite still, then im sure the 'walkers' could be too! Perhaps next SM event someone could have a word with them to be a little nicer to people!

Heard/seen this before about UK Garrison. Maybe they should just stop showing up? Or at least being told to stay away, right nasty b-ggers. :blush:

ok u may not like them but i think they're great, have you stopped to think maybe they have actually been polite and it didn't work so they had to resort to other matters that did....did yah, did yah, huh huh......

You're wrong. I think they are great, I think it's brilliant how much time they've invested in their costumes and going to events like this.

But, quite frankly, they're not meeting the same people over and over. If it was the same group of people ignoring them, then sure, maybe harsher methods have to be used. But the fact of the matter is, they encounter new people everytime they do this. So when they're walking around showing off they can either be polite (or at least not physically aggressive) or b-gger off, in my opinion.

6) To the person who paid £24 to park at Earl's Court. It costs £18.50 if you pre-book using the on-line facility via the link on showmasters travel details page. But still £18.50 for 7 hours parking OW! Please move back to Wembley! (Selfish reason - I live 20 minutes on the train from Wembley) (Non-selfish reason - Wembley was a better venue than Earl's Court but that's just my opinion other people will disagree).

Wembley Conference & Exhibition Centre, as well as being stuck out in the middle of the boonies, also has no future as a venue. Literally. It is scheduled for demolition later this year.

As has been suggested before (and agreed it's not an option in all cases), park at an outlying tube station (either for free or a few quid, and then catch the tube in; probably works out cheaper if there's less than 3 or 4 of you. I believe there are also other parking options around EC which are cheaper.

As has been suggested before (and agreed it's not an option in all cases), park at an outlying tube station (either for free or a few quid, and then catch the tube in; probably works out cheaper if there's less than 3 or 4 of you. I believe there are also other parking options around EC which are cheaper.

That is what I did, parked for free at Morden and tubed in. Unfortunately somebody decided to throw themselves in front of a train at Tooting on my way home so I ended up sat on a hot bus for over an hour between Brixton and Morden.

i guess my only complaint would be for someone else...after hearing it though i thought i'd say something.

ok i'm done

It was clearly a joke! Thought people had got bored of slagging off the models?

Look around the dealer tables, there are pictures of various female actors in various states of undress on display. Maybe they should be banned?

ok i'm done

Look around the dealer tables, there are pictures of various female actors in various states of undress on display. Maybe they should be banned?

You mean that Sugarbabes shot

I have only one complaint. Why no Buffy photos for Nathan Fillion?

Buffy has a huge following and I know Serenity is his more recent work, but I was most interested in meeting him as a Buffy guest. I feel very dissapointed there was not even one Buffy photo on sale.

I was disappointed too that there wasnt a photo of Nathan as Caleb, but i wouldnt have said that was a complaint, i should have bought one with me just incase so it was my own fault really, you cant foresee what pictures they might have so its better to bring your own sometimes! I looked all round the dealer tables too but they only had Nathan as Mal! Never mind didnt spoil my experience of meeting Nathan, just means i have to meet him again now! :dance:

Edited by pinkangel

ok i'm done

Brilliant wasnt it?!

ok i'm done

Brilliant wasnt it?!

it was, My complaint would be the guy banging on the door on Sunday (you know who you are)

ok i'm done

not actually being on this board much i didn't even know there was a debate about the models, i was just putting down what i heard. the way it was said though was if it was a seriouse gesture, apparently i dunno i didn't even see the models this is what my friend saw n heard.

Heard/seen this before about UK Garrison. Maybe they should just stop showing up? Or at least being told to stay away, right nasty b-ggers. :wub:

well said ladyd!!

i think the UKG do a fantastic job and i have ALWAYS found them all to be very nice and friendly.

maybee a things did get a bit out of hand? in this instance, but still saying *Maybe they should just stop showing up?*

is going a bit to far!! have you got any idea how hard these guys work and how much they do for charity!