Crostini

Rating out of 10  

129 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though all the costumed folk were nice, particulary the creepy Phantom of the Opera (thats who he was right?)

I think the guy you mean was dressed as V, from the movie, V for Vendetta :)

Anyway, I had a great time. I only met one guest too, but it was a great experience.

I was gutted to get there and find out Christopher Lee had cancelled.

I didn't know beforehand as the website had been down, and I left on Friday, so literally found out as I was going through the door on Saturday morning...horrible feeling :D

Still, it can't be helped, and I wish Mr Lee a speedy recovery and hope SM's can get him in the future :)

Oh yeah...the same with Maggie Grace too...I looked everywhere for her on Saturday, then found out she had changed days...so I missed out..too bad :D

Great times all around :)

Edited by Strider

Though all the costumed folk were nice, particulary the creepy Phantom of the Opera (thats who he was right?)

Um... no I have quite good knowledge of comics, and this rather creepy guy with half a mask sharp teeth and a large cane was most definately not V :D

Though if anyone does know who he was I would be much obliged for at least who he was supposed to be :D

I voted 8, didnt have any issues really with the event, except for on sunday I could get ANY talk tickets (and had given my friends the 2 Elijah ones I picked up saturday doh lol) and had to spend pretty much most of the day aimlessly wandering around doing very little!

Though quite a few of the talks had quite some space left so it seems for some more talk tickets could have been given out, though admittedly I was let into the Jorge/Maggie talk end of sunday without one because the room was probably less than half full so not a total miss..

Oh, and the sat morning que fiasco but no need to go into that though was kinda annoying my friend who didnt pre-book was in long before me and we arrived to que together!

Didnt get in until almost 11 sunday so as you can imagine, the popular guests like Nathan and Maggie were in quite high VT ticket numbers by then, though Maggie went open que long before they got near my number, and Nathan finally got to mine just before the lost talk..really nice guy, but you could tell someone had told him to stop talking and sign more lol when he'd got though 200 in like 4 and a half hours, then by 4:30 was up to 550! :( Still, got to say a few words to him, hope he's back again sometime. Was HILARIOUS in saturdays talk..

So yeah, Sunday was a bit slow/boring but hey, thats only because id done everything else the saturday when I was rushed off my feet and went around the stalls several times hehe..and my own fault for not being in on opening..but overall, pretty good event

Managed to get a personalisation from Carrie even though they werent allowed,

what you on about i got a personalisation and i know many others did too.

YOU werent supposed to have posed photos with Carried but i know people did.

WHO IS VOTING 1

Well, by the time I got there there it said "Strictly no Personalisations" on her whiteboard.

I give it a 10 - GREAT show Showmasters! :(

This was my first Comic Con, I've been in Manchester before. The guest list was great and I didn't mind the cancellations one bit. All my German friends loved it as well! A major highlight was Elijah, what a nice and modest person. And then of course Nathan! He and Alan rocked the house :(

We had a great time and we all will be back next year!

9 - because there weren't enough seats in the hall. Surely some chairs could have been put out in all the empty space there seemed to be?

That said, great day. Dissapointed that Jeff Wayne didn't turn up on Sunday, but ce la vie.

Um... no I have quite good knowledge of comics, and this rather creepy guy with half a mask sharp teeth and a large cane was most definately not V :P

Though if anyone does know who he was I would be much obliged for at least who he was supposed to be ^_^

We talked to hiom, and he told us that he was a mixture of several different characters, who I can't remember all of now, but one of them was tthe phantom. He said he would sign pictures, but he normally left his signature by biting, which one of my friends nearly took him up on...

• Showmasters Admin

Maybe some people voted one because they didn't realise that 10 was the best mark? ^_^

Some people may have voted 1 by accident. Some genuinely may have voted 1. But I think you'll find it's mainly trolls.

You'll notice that although people have the odd complaint the one's that have replied with a post have mostly given the show 7-8-9 out of 10. Trust me we have far more trolls on here than have voted for 1.

Um... no I have quite good knowledge of comics, and this rather creepy guy with half a mask sharp teeth and a large cane was most definately not V ;)

Though if anyone does know who he was I would be much obliged for at least who he was supposed to be ^_^

We talked to hiom, and he told us that he was a mixture of several different characters, who I can't remember all of now, but one of them was tthe phantom. He said he would sign pictures, but he normally left his signature by biting, which one of my friends nearly took him up on...

Ah wow partly correct then :D but they guy was awesome, all in character and everything :P

Edited by cptalbertwesker

I voted 8. This was the first show in almost 3 years I have attended as a visitor - I am usually one of Showmasters' motley crew, but took this one off.

The down side was that I was tempted by so much stuff I don't normally get to see coz I am working! My credit card wasn't just melting from the heatwave!

However, I bought some cool stuff, met some cool guests, got cool stuff signed...and stayed...erm...cool...thanks to the air conditioning! Although Sunday seemed hotter, so maybe the air con was knackered by then.

Enjoyed there being much more space than at Milton Keynes, and the layout was good. Everything seemed to run pretty smooth, and I spoke to loads of very happy punters. There were one or two with fair complaints, but aside from THAT certain sporting humiliation, 'twas a great weekend.

:(

Edited by Hobbit_of_Dorsetshire