First time crewing

angel_darkavenger

I'm usually crewing but can't this time as I've been dragged off to Germany with a cathedral choir.... ;)

Hi, I'm Naomi :) I'm sure I'll bump into you at some point but for now, my advice is:

1) Don't be afraid to approach any crew members you don't know - we're all there for the same reason and I can guarantee that within the first 5 minutes of you arriving for your first shift, you'll meet someone with like interests, we're quite a varied bunch.

2) Getting to the event of a morning - don't be afraid to ask if you can share a taxi with someone - everyone else without a car will be thinking the same thing and if you can fill a taxi, hey, it's cheaper for all of you and it gives you the chance to talk to more people :)

3) Where there's a bar, there's always SM crew propping it up - don't be afraid to join in.

4) Stock up on plenty of water and chocolate from the crew room at the beginning of your shift - you'll need it!!!

Don't worry about wandering around looking clueless - every event is unpredictable and even some of us who've been crewing for a while still look clueless aka me ;)

Have fun!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As crew we get given food, but it's sarny, chocolate and stuff :blush: So do try and get some proper food before you get there. You hotel should do breakfast.

Come and say hi. You won't miss me, I'm 6'10".

Pah, if your stood behind a board you cant be seen :D

A

It will be my mate and I's 1st time crewing. Im counting down the days towards it. Im bit worried bout the meeting people. While I want to meet new people it takes be about ten mineutes or so to relax and be myself. After that just try and shut me up.

Also while I remenber. Jola does the ibis hotel provide breakfast and evening meals.

I cant help with the meals bit. They may provide Breakfast im not sure what the deal is, having never done LOndon Before.. But I very much doubt evening meals.

As for meeting people. Add peoples MSN from on here, and gen chat, talk to them about the show etc, get to know people, then you know who to look for when you get there.

Alex

• Showmasters Admin

Jola does the ibis hotel provide breakfast and evening meals.

I'm not Jola, but yes you can get breakfast (£7.95 per person) and an evening meal at the Ibis. They are extra though neither is included in the price of the room.

I'm not Jola, but yes you can get breakfast (£7.95 per person) and an evening meal at the Ibis. They are extra though neither is included in the price of the room.

question on brekfasts - what time is it provided at?

after all, i know crew need to be up early, and at the venue early... will they still be able to manage it while still gettin brekfast?

Manchester I managed to be the first crew member at the venue, due to requirements, and I was there at 0530 so well before the rest of the crew, but i still managed to get breakfast, (delivered :blush:)

A

Manchester I managed to be the first crew member at the venue, due to requirements, and I was there at 0530 so well before the rest of the crew, but i still managed to get breakfast, (delivered :D)

A

delivered by the hotel you mean?

just a thought since i know its somethin ppl will likely worry bout - i know i would :lol::D

actually, just remembered, i haven't eaten yet today... :blush:

Thanks TT :D

And with regards to the time of brekky in the morning - I have no idea. As it's not included in the room rate it's not something I checked :blush:

• Moderators

I'm sure those who know what hotel they're staying at can contact someone there themselves. There's bound to be contact numbers on their website etc if you need to know before you arrive. If not, just ask when you get there.

Keeper, are you asking about breakfast on behalf of someone that needs to know? Just cuz I know you're not coming.

I'm gonna get my comfy shoes i think next week on payday :)

*thinks of the huge pockets on her skater trousers*

yup// tons of chocolate storage - i'll be a walking sweet shop hehehe

:blush:

*Waves* to the virgin crew.....

Welcome...... Mwah hahahahahaha......

:firedevil:

Think you might have scared them... ;) !!

As for drink - never.......:P

K

Really? Awwww I'm nice honest! :D

Oooh and coffee is always greatfully received :P

You are adorable hun! :lol:

Now that was something we forgot to say - Jola likes coffee if you're working with her! :P

Re food, talking to people, where to go - there will be lots of Crew around and as you can see from this thread we're really nice people.....mad on occosion, but nice! So just ask or follow the crowd. Everyone will be pleased to help.

My main comments would be to enjoy it and ask questions if needed - Pit Bosses will be there to help as will other crew.

Have fun!

be nice and i'll let you have a lolly :P

:dance:

S'ok - if he's not nice I'll slap him about a bit ;)

ME.. What did I do??

*Waves* to the virgin crew.....

Welcome...... Mwah hahahahahaha......

:firedevil:

Think you might have scared them... :D !!

As for drink - never.......:P

K

Really? Awwww I'm nice honest! :dance:

Oooh and coffee is always greatfully received ;)

You are adorable hun! :P

Now that was something we forgot to say - Jola likes coffee if you're working with her! :D

Re food, talking to people, where to go - there will be lots of Crew around and as you can see from this thread we're really nice people.....mad on occosion, but nice! So just ask or follow the crowd. Everyone will be pleased to help.

My main comments would be to enjoy it and ask questions if needed - Pit Bosses will be there to help as will other crew.

Have fun!

Except the people in MacDonalds when we all walk in..

A

No I got breakfast delivered to the Gmex centre by the Helpful short guy.. Aka Andy Aka Harry Aka Shorty Aka Old Git Aka Aka

A

Well I took pity on you volenteering to be there from stupid O'clock

No I got breakfast delivered to the Gmex centre by the Helpful short guy.. Aka Andy Aka Harry Aka Shorty Aka Old Git Aka Aka

A

Well I took pity on you volenteering to be there from stupid O'clock

I was voulenteered by Jola and Paul.. But I had fun when I got there so :unsure:

A

mmmm newbies! we eat them for breakfast!! mwhahahahahaha!

just kidding. making new friends is something that you will have no problem doing. in fact... you probably wont have any choice in the matter! teehee. we're all really friendly and were new once too, so dont worry.

just enjoy yourself have fun and get yourself to the crew parties!!

=x=

I was voulenteered by Jola and Paul.. But I had fun when I got there so :wub:

A

OY! Don't drag me into this........ I may have asked you nicely ^_^

Seconded

Only beacuse I was banned from working an early on saturday.

Paul