First time crewing

angel_darkavenger

Hi guys,

My names James and I usually just visit the MK collectormainia's as I live in MK but I have never crewed at any showmasters event, but this LFCC I will be crewing for the first time.

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi and maybe get to know some people before my first crewing experience. Anyone have any advice or reccomendations for my first crewing?

Many Thanks

James

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi james :angel:

i'm emma.

i know i was nervous the first time i crewed but everyone was so lovely n friendly that i neednt have worried! as for the job itself, your prob be fine with having been to events you prob know how it all works, but if u get stuck or anything just ask someone.

um..cant think of anything else, i'm sure others will have more advice!

• Moderators

Check this section and see if people have MSN etc and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to chat to you and discuss stuff :)

Rather than explain everything here, all I can say is that I'm sure everything will be explained to you in the morning of the event and there's pit bosses and fellow crew that you can ALWAYS ask if you're unsure about stuff. That's very important, don't ever be scared to ask for clarification on anything :)

Other than that .. work hard, play hard, enjoy it, and don't expect much sleep :angel: Make yourself known, introduce yourself, and get talking to everyone ..you'll enjoy it a lot more if you do that, everyone's really friendly anyway! You've certainly done the right thing here ^_^

if you haven't either passed out or else stayed up all night to go to crew the next morning (yes, drinkin i believe ;)^_^ ) i don't think you've fully passed on your induction to the crew!! ;)

so they'll take you back to try again... ;) ;) :angel:

• Moderators

Hi, James, my hubby & I are crewing it's fun but hard work, can't wait untill LFCC4, but thats cos my husband won an auction at C9 for me to sit with one of the guests(BIG GUEST). This will be our first LFCC, but have now crewed 5 times for showmasters & love it.

*waves hi*

i'll be crewing for the first time In July too :) am looking fwd to it alot :) and to meeting everyone.

My name's Kay :)

<_<

There's usually a gathering in the hotel bar or something :) Most people are fond of alcohol :D

It's that magic word again, where's the alcohol <_<

Only kiddin I'm not (much) of an alcoholic really

Best advice is

1) If your not sure ask

2) drink plenty of water

3) The rest of the crew were all newbies once too, we don't bite we just nibble a little :P

4) This is the important one - Enjoy it

Andy

Oh and get you pic on Forums Most Wanted so we know who you are

Hi James and Kay

Welcome to Showmasters crew. We are a mad bunch but friendly :D You'll have lots of fun working at LFACC, but its very hard work, you could be standing all day and they are very long days. We do have fun!

The bar is our second home <_< its where we relax after a hard days work and have a laugh, just come along and join in. You are part of the fold now.

As what DavidB said, everything you need to know about crewing and the job you will be doing will be said at the briefing each morning.

If you check out the general chat section, there is the forum most wanted, most of the crew are on there, so you will get to see what we look like before hand, just come up and say hi to us. And feel free to send you pics to Chris to join the most wanted! :P

Welcome and look forward to seeing you both in just under two weeks!

Hugs

Marina xx

Edited by Marina

thanks for the warm welcome :)

have heard from Hannah L that the days are looong and so i'll be buying a nicely cheap footspa heheh

:D

;)

Hi Guys, welcome to the Crew!

The best advice I was given was EAT! Make sure that you have a good ("large") breakfast, as this will set you up for the day.

Hope to see you there,

Paul

*Waves* to the virgin crew.....

Welcome...... Mwah hahahahahaha......

:firedevil:

Think you might have scared them... :D !!

Welcome to the madhouse! :( It is a long day and often tiring (comfortable shoes a must) - but it is also a lot of fun as well. Its a good bunch of people to work with as well!

As for drink - never.......:WINCE:

K

Edited by kel

thanks for the warm welcome :)

have heard from Hannah L that the days are looong and so i'll be buying a nicely cheap footspa heheh

:pyth:

:(

the DAYS :WINCE:

Nah, its just one long day that lasts between 120hours and 72hours, depending which show :D

A

OK so it seems its..

Be prepared for a long day...check

Wear comfortable shoes.......check

Eat and drink plenty.............check...hmmm wheres the nearest place to eat? I dont know the area atall

Well it seems all good to me, just remember when you see someone wandering around with a look of 'what the hell do I do and where am i?' on his face, come say hello! its probably me ;)

Thanks for all the advice guys

Just follow us lot to get food, there is a MacDonalds and KFC about a 10 minute walk away, some of us will be probably go there, or there is a restaurant in the Ibis which can be pricey. Or a great pub just up the road, that does cheap meals.

Just tag along to a group and follow, best way.

Yep wear comfy shoes, grab some chocolate in the morning and a couple of bottles of water. If its as hot as last year (weather wise, you will need it) although Earls Court was cool.

What time are you arriving on the Friday?

Marina x

• Showmasters Admin

As crew we get given food, but it's sarny, chocolate and stuff ;) So do try and get some proper food before you get there. You hotel should do breakfast.

Come and say hi. You won't miss me, I'm 6'10".

Edited by Too Tall

*Waves* to the virgin crew.....

Welcome...... Mwah hahahahahaha......

:firedevil:

Think you might have scared them... :wub: !!

As for drink - never.......;)

K

Really? Awwww I'm nice honest! ;)

Oooh and coffee is always greatfully received ;)