Best celeb you ever met for FREE

Rev_Bem

Stephen Speilberg - got invited to go and watch the filming of Empire OF The Sun. Also got his auto which he signed from him and for some reason he wrote from Michael J Fox on as well. Very nice but strange man.

This a really tough question...I have met some lovely people over the years...really hard to choose but here's a top 3 for now...

Michael Elphick - For those who have no idea who he was, he was Ken Boon in the brilliant 80s series "Boon" on ITV. He also appeared in "Withnail & I", "The Elephant Man" and late in his life he was in "Eastenders" for a while. I met him when I was 11 after a pantomime in which he played Widow Twankey! He was still suffering from alcoholism at the time, and had an air of sadness about him. But he was a lovely man. He chatted to me and my Dad for a fair old time, and I was made up coz "Boon" was my favourite show on TV at the time. I still have the autograph album page he signed for me..."Be lucky, Nick...love from "Boon", Michael Elphick". A treasured item for me.

Iron Maiden - My first proper gig! The friends I went with arranged for me to meet them after the gig, on a low-key tour back in October 1990. The show was amazing, of course! But to meet them after was so great - even if my Dad managed to get in too after wondering why we hadn't showed up for the lift home! I have some proper blackmail material photos of Bruce Dickinson in turquoise shellsuit trousers, bumbag and baseball cap! Mind you...I look awful too...terrible hair do and geek-tastic NHS glasses! Can't bring myself to burn them though. And Maiden still rule! Will be back at Earl's Court in December for their show with Trivium!

Ville Valo of HIM - Despite being Kerrang! poster boy of the last few years, Mr Valo is a very down-to-earth normal sort of guy. No pretentious entourages of hangers-on whose job it is to change the batteries in his Gameboy etc etc. Sociable, sharp sense of humour and an all round diamond. Just a shame that after the pub lock-in I had to drive! Proper Mike McShane to Morgan Freeman in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves...

Me: "Cheers, but I have to drive..."

:D

Hmm , tricky one !

Dpends what you mean by best, but I'll look at it two ways, so here's a couple:

best as in fan friendly:

Joss Whedon, John Hurt , Matthew Modine, Mark Addy

best as in big names:

Tom Cruise, Keanu Reeves, Kurt Russell, Charlize Theron,

And would also like to give honourable mentions to Michael Sheard R.I.P and Michael Billington R.I.P who although I met both at events, were two of the nicest celebs I have met.

Edited by GoldenGreen