PHOTO SHOOT AT LONDON FILM

I think this idea is long overdue, I have wondered why when it seems so popular elsewhere, that showmasters have not thought about doing this before? In one hand they can charge you for your photo taken with the guest and also for the auto if you want both, pretty expensive but if you have the money, why not?

It is not compulsory, and you can just get an auto if that is what you want. There is a small but growing market for photos that you can frame and hang on the wall rather than snapshots. I have a small collection of photos from the conventions, some with free auto`s, some without, I feel it is more personal as you are not likely to sell it on.

I`m happy, as I would like a photo without the auto and also if this is popular it should be extended to group shots. If you want to cut costs share the experience with friends and scan it ;) .

Tickets are usually pay on the day, otherwise there is mutiny and ugly scenes if all the tickets are sold out before the show :chair::YAHOO:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really is a long overdue idea and I sincerely hope it works out but as already mentioned, if there is only one hour set aside (And I don't know the allocated amount of time yet as I haven't had the chance to read the information), surely people will have to be rushed through during the photography queue just the same as they're rushed through the autograph queue? Also, I think if you want to get both auto and picture at £20 for a photo and minimum £20 for an auto, it is asking rather a lot. Speaking from a crew member perspective, it could work really well but then, there could also be a lot of disappointed or angry fans....but then again, it has to be expected, not everyone can be pleased.

Good idea though :)

Could some1 answer my question

I REALLY want to meet Elija BUT there is going to 10000's of people.

I arrive around 9am with my Advanced ticket so i get in reasonably ealy but still there is gonna be a very long que.

What is Showmasters doing because last time it was chaos.

:headscratch:

Edited by BluebizzieB

• Moderators

The queues will no doubt be more controlled considering it's a "pay" event so you won't get the high numbers that MK got.

Yes, Elijah has his fans and I have no doubt that he'll have more than enough people to keep him busy throughout the weekend, but I don't see it being MANIC CRAZY INSANE BUSY like it was at C4.

You have to take certain things into consideration really:

(1) That was during the 'boom period' of LOTR as such, so there were more fans attending etc because of that.

(2) It wasn't just Elijah there, we had other high profile LOTR stars too which made it worth attending, and had people travelling from all over the world.

(3) Collectormania is often busier because of the free entry factor, plus you get the general public as well.

So it will be different, and no doubt it'll be organised better than it was last time. It was a while ago and I'm sure the organisation process has developed and improved since then! They certainly know what to expect this time, while C4 was overwhelming for everyone involved I think.

You get people complaining about lack of photos, and Elijah is likely to be one of the most wanted 'photo opportunities' so that's why they've done it. It's only for an hour, so it won't affect things too much.

It's hard to predict how many people will turn up, and there's no guarantee that everyone will meet him ... there never is! But an advanced entry gives you a very good chance, and I'm sure it'll be fine.

Must admit we had no problems with 'the Hobbits' at C4. We got there early. Got pictures with and autographs with Dom, Elijah and Sean and then had a great rest of the day to see other guests and stands.

Moral of the story is - get there early - and I mean 7am at least early.

At LFCC there is only one entry so there is no confusion as to where to wait as some said there was at MK.

Good luck all - he is a great guest and hopefully we'll have as many happy people as possible after the event.

:YAHOO:

Could some1 answer my question

I REALLY want to meet Elija BUT there is going to 10000's of people.

I arrive around 9am with my Advanced ticket so i get in reasonably ealy but still there is gonna be a very long que.

What is Showmasters doing because last time it was chaos.

:headscratch:

I wouldn't get there at 9am even if you have 9am tickets please are going to be queuing in front of you if you arrive later your heading for disappointment.

i think this is a great idea cos i've already got elijah's auto at c4

and only wanted a good photo with him as the one from c4 was leaning over the desk!!!

this will look so much better!!! Thanx a million sm and elijah for agreeing!!!

*sorry to disagree with you on this one sah ;) *

hehehe it's all good! :YAHOO: I'm sure I'd be more enthusiastic to consider paying out that kinda money if it were ummm Kiefer Sutherland or something! :D it's just cause I'm not that big an Elijah fan to warrant paying out for both :D

I'm well aware a certain other signing event does these professional photos but you have to remember they don't do this out of necessity - except perhaps in the case of Eliza from Buffy ;) - they do it to make more money, which is fine seeing as events are businesses! :P anyways I was there this weekend to meet 24 and Voyager guests and got a posed photo with Robert Duncan McNeill (as in he got up and put his arm round me) for free when I got my auto and that's what I want so that's cool :chair:

my point is - professional photo ops are great if you can afford it and want that kind of momentum but don't take the choice away from fans! (obv in the case of Elijah it's necessity as well so that's different B))

ummm yessss more sleep required perhaps :D :D

surfy sah xx

I'm a bit concerned about not getting to have my photo taken with him. :YAHOO: I think I'm going to have to work out how to get there because if I go by train the earliest it gets there is 9! ;) You can order tickets to get in anywhen upto the day can't you? :chair:

• Showmasters Admin

To answer a few of the questions which have arisen:

1. Tickets for the photo shoot will go on sale in advance of the event, through the online shop. If any remain by the weekend itself, they will be on sale at the event.

2. The photo size, 6" by 9", is because that's the largest size you can get without the printing costs becoming ridiculous. If we go bigger than that, then the photo shoot price would have to up, and we don't want that.

1. Tickets for the photo shoot will go on sale in advance of the event, through the online shop. If any remain by the weekend itself, they will be on sale at the event.

2. The photo size, 6" by 9", is because that's the largest size you can get without the printing costs becoming ridiculous. If we go bigger than that, then the photo shoot price would have to up, and we don't want that.

Im not sure i agree with you selling the photo tickets online as not everyone who attends the show is a regular visit to the website. People will turn up to the event and want a ticket for this when they know its available but it'll be too late. Seems harsh on someone who turns up at the crack of dawn........ Surely a first come first served basis would have been fairer and better as it is now just a matter of the fastest click gets the ticket without a lot of people knowing about it and even having a chance. I repeat, not everyone visits the forum or website regularly.

Photos would go up from £20.00 ?? who do you use for photo printing.......... difference in sizes per photo is not usually dramatically different?.........usually a couple of quid extra makes a big difference for one photo......

This whole idea seems to be an ok one, £20.00 i think is a bit too much but the way the tickets are going to be sold seems a bit off. I agree with an earlier poster, the fastest server shouldnt determine who gets these tickets.........

Edited by rich5wolves

go up from £20.00 ?? who do you use for photo printing.......... difference in sizes per photo is not usually dramatically different?.........usually a couple of quid extra makes a big difference for one photo......

consider though that there's a reasonable development time (they're not needin to post them out) as well as needing to either pay a chemist or pay someone with knowledge - for the quantity that they're likely to need, you can bet that pretty much anyone's gonna fleece them.

plus elijah might be getting a cut out of it as well (i don't know, but it hardly seems right that he should sit posing for photos for free, when he might be off having a break :dance: )

and there's also going to be a PROFESSIONAL photographer - its not gonna be a case of 'right, who's got a camera?' - so they need to be paid as well.

it all adds up :wub:

This whole idea seems to be an ok one, £20.00 i think is a bit too much but the way the tickets are going to be sold seems a bit off. I agree with an earlier poster, the fastest server shouldnt determine who gets these tickets.........

only seein this one now - admittedly i agree to an extent.

there should be a realistic minimum of half the tickets held onto for the day - not everyone can even shop online...

• Showmasters Admin

Im not sure i agree with you selling the photo tickets online as not everyone who attends the show is a regular visit to the website. People will turn up to the event and want a ticket for this when they know its available but it'll be too late. Seems harsh on someone who turns up at the crack of dawn........ Surely a first come first served basis would have been fairer and better as it is now just a matter of the fastest click gets the ticket without a lot of people knowing about it and even having a chance. I repeat, not everyone visits the forum or website regularly.

If we do it purely on the day, we will end up with a huge queue to buy the tickets, after people have already queued to get in. The fewer queues people have to be in, the better. It will still be done on a first come, first served basis, as the system records the order tickets are sold in.

it is now just a matter of the fastest click gets the ticket

As opposed to the fastest runners coming into the hall and finding where the tickets were being sold physically, which discriminates against the disabled, and runs the risk of people getting hurt in a scrum.

I repeat, not everyone visits the forum or website regularly.

There is no 100% equitable way to do most things, and in most things in life, someone misses out. All we can do is try and make the playing field as level as possible. If you want tickets for a popular musical act or a major sporting event, would you be saying "they shouldn't sell them in advance, they should just sell them on the day, first come, first served"?

Photos would go up from £20.00 ??

Yes.

who do you use for photo printing.......... difference in sizes per photo is not usually dramatically different?.........usually a couple of quid extra makes a big difference for one photo......

We aren't talking about 1 photo. If you want to be a doubter, go and ask somewhere that develops photos how much it would cost to have a hundred 6" by 9"s developed and back in an hour, then ask them for the price of a hundred 10" by 8"s in an hour.

go up from £20.00 ?? who do you use for photo printing.......... difference in sizes per photo is not usually dramatically different?.........usually a couple of quid extra makes a big difference for one photo......

consider though that there's a reasonable development time (they're not needin to post them out) as well as needing to either pay a chemist or pay someone with knowledge - for the quantity that they're likely to need, you can bet that pretty much anyone's gonna fleece them.

plus elijah might be getting a cut out of it as well (i don't know, but it hardly seems right that he should sit posing for photos for free, when he might be off having a break :dance: )

and there's also going to be a PROFESSIONAL photographer - its not gonna be a case of 'right, who's got a camera?' - so they need to be paid as well.

it all adds up :wub:

only seein this one now - admittedly i agree to an extent.

there should be a realistic minimum of half the tickets held onto for the day - not everyone can even shop online...

exactly my point, a percentage should be held back, not just "if theres any left they will be made available on the day". Its almost saying they dont care how they sell them as long as they do. Thats what every business usually does just thought showmasters might have been a bit more loyal and give as many people as possible a chance by varying the purchase method.

• Moderators

Holding a percentage back would no doubt result in people complaining about not enough being put online!

You can look at being 'fair' all the damn time, but there's always be someone somewhere who will have a problem with whatever approach is taken. That's the way the cooking crumbles!

:thumbup: Yay! What a relief. It will make life much easier to pre-book and then only have to worry about queuing for a virtual ticket for the guests. Brilliant, thanks :)

Will there be a limit set on the number?

I'm happy about the pre-booking for the photo shoot. I'm not very mobile so it's going to be a safer bet to buy online then getting pushed while fast people move past me.....that's happened to me a couple of times!

Just one question....would they be posted or can you pick them up on the day. The latter would be easier for me. But either way is cool.

Edited by jannagalaxy

im gonna start by saying i dont actually want a photo with elijah although im sure he is lovely!

i think that it would be a good idea to maybe keep some tickets back so that people who dont have regular access to the net have a chance to purchase one. people have said others will moan not enough were put online......well thatsthe way it goes, if they didnt have access to the net then they would moan they werent available at the show itself .... just my view dont shoot me for it! LOL

regarding the printing, i think there may be some comparisons to another organiser here,sm havent done this before (to my knowledge) and therefore wont have the same equipment that the other person may have as they do it regularly therefore they will be having to get someone else to print them for them which may incur higher costs (im guessing here i dont know!)

anyway im sure it will all work out fine so woo hoo photoshoots with Elijah!

an advantage of development over printing is hardware costs - without checking quality, PC World start their colour laser printers at approx. £150.

add on the fact that the provided cartridges won't be anywhere near enough to cover the total needed, and you start to add on costs.

now, consider the possibility of technical malfunction. how many service people are really going to be willing to come out on the day to check ANY peice of equipment, especially on the weekend, unless they're paid overtime?

yes, the device may be under warranty, but will that warranty cover a malfunction due to excessive use - or, potentially, mis-handling by the user? if not, then automatically you add on callout and fixing fees. add on a wait of several days if a part is needed, and you realise that its u;timately cheaper and more convinent to have a camera, rather than a fully-stocked maintenance bay ;)

summary - printing is the greater evil, since more can go wrong :P

it's unlikely SM will put up photos, unless they specifically ask your permission. i know a fair few people who would object to their photos being online.

plus, it would double costs - they'd have to get a copy for themselves AS WELL as the customer. remember they've said they're having them developed, not printed.

I don't mind paying the £20. It just means that I buy less autographs but it should be worth it for a good pic.

Good news that the tickets will be sold in advance but will there be advance warning of the date they will go online? I wouldn't like to miss out!

This is a good idea, but please, I have to know something that is not on the Forum. I've sent several mails, but no answer.

How can I pay on the online shop if I don't have a credit card? May I pay with IMO, or Western Union?

Please, can you answer my mail and let me know?

Thanks a lot, that would be great! :P