not enough guests for me.....im sad

JOLLYWOOD

I love going to collectormania but for me this time i think the guests are very poor and theres only a few i would want to get autos off so i think ill keep my cash for the london show.Its not worth my time comming from wales to this one im very sad as i was looking forward to it but with guests pulling out and not enough horror and star wars guests im going to give this one a miss anyone else feel the same.........this is not having a go at showmasters its just how i feel....the london show should rock.

sorry you feel this way, but there will be cons where there aren't many guests that you want to see, but i bet there are other people bouncing at the chance of meeting these people , im from wales and im going not only to see the few guests i want, but to meet my friends and make a wicked weekend out of it. I dont find i enjoy cons by the number of guests i wanna meet, but by the atmosphere i feel when i get there and the fun me and my friends make

lil lisa

• Moderators

Some love it, some hate it. Some won't be coming, some think it's the best event ever! I always find that people who have more specific tastes tend to be more disappointed because these events end up being quite varied.

Luckily for me, the guests aren't everything, so I'm always happy to attend :) It's always a shame when there's not something for everyone, but that'd be impossible anyway!

I'll be going as I really enjoy the atmosphere at Collectormanias and it's a good chance to catch up with friends. I don't usually meet too many guests - only 3 this time, but I've always had a fun day when I go. I do have to say that C9 does lack a big headlining guest like at previous events. C8 had William Shatner, C7 had James Marsters and C6 had Carrie Fisher but now that Ian won't be attending C9 lacks a big name.

Edited by Evil_Faith

I'm disapointed that Ian's cancelled, but there's still plenty for me.

I will always come to SM event even if there weren't any guests because of the great atmosphere & there's usually something good on the stalls.

I usually go 'cos I like hanging out and having a laugh (William, I'm looking @ you! :D ).

Guests aren't everything. They're just a delightfully expensive bonus!

Roll on CM9. What will happen next....?

I'm gona meet jonathon frakes again :D and hopefully claire grogan, n thunderbirds guests... not the best line up due to cancellations, but still good for me.... and I just love the shows even without any guests!

same here,I'm not going but I decided before Ian's cancellation so that's why I'm not disappointed today :D

will see for C10 if guests are great enough but maybe I'd consider LFACC,I still don't know... :angel:

*LYVIE*

I'd only be disappointed if one of the Firefly guests dropped out. I have yet to see one episode of 'Lost' so the loss (no pun intended) of Ian means nothing to me. Is he such a big star on the show?

I think the fact that people are saying that it's not like past Collectormania's shows that SM try to mix it up - not everyone's into Star Wars, Trek, Buffy, LOTR, etc.

I think this group of stars is a bit eclectic and that's not a bad thing.

As always, its horses for courses.

Some people will think this show is the best thing since sliced bread, others won't like it because no LOTR, Buffy etc

Whoever, Showmasters get, they do seem to listen to requests from the Forum, lots of requests for Lost Boys and the Coreys for example.

And overall they do have a nice varied range of guests, that go across a lot of different genres.

Ian means nothing to me. Is he such a big star on the show?

I only saw the season 1 & he has a big role on the show but he also played in Young Americans,Rules of Attraction & some another movies,he's quite famous.

I think the fact that people are saying that it's not like past Collectormania's shows that SM try to mix it up - not everyone's into Star Wars, Trek, Buffy, LOTR, etc.

I agree we can't be happy with the guests everytime but the topic title was about so people have post their feelings,disappointment & unhappy minds.

I know Showmasters does his best every Events but this time for C9 about guests & not only guests (the days of stars signing),a lot of members are unhappy with C9 but I know a lot of fans are glad too & I'm sure C9 would be a huge sucess whatever some are unhappy or not.

*LYVIE* :chair:

Edited by LYVIE

sorry you feel this way, but there will be cons where there aren't many guests that you want to see, but i bet there are other people bouncing at the chance of meeting these people , im from wales and im going not only to see the few guests i want, but to meet my friends and make a wicked weekend out of it. I dont find i enjoy cons by the number of guests i wanna meet, but by the atmosphere i feel when i get there and the fun me and my friends make

lil lisa

960831[/snapback]

and oh boy do we have fun. plus this time we have D&G to make up for there not being a party!!

see you soon

love

sarah

Can understand why some people are now considering not going due to some guests having either cancelled or having their appearance days changed,or not going at all due to there being no guests that they particularly want (ie LOTR,Star Wars etc).

As has been previously said there will be other days and other events for them to get the chance to meet whom they want.But they may have to realise that this type of thing does happen fairly often to quite a few other events other than those run by Showmasters.

I suspect that for anyone who wants an autograph from a particular guest who is signing on a day they are not going that MSPG are still taking orders.I know this is not what everyone wants but for those who don't mind getting an autograph without meeting the guest this is an option.

I am having to ask a friend of mine to get me autographs from guests only there on the Monday as I will be back home by then.

As for the rest of the guests there are still plenty I want to get as I have a very broad taste in Scifi/Film/TV which covers a few decades as well so there will always be someone to get for me.

I always have fun no matter who the guests are

yep the atmosphere is great at Collectormania,meet friends & stars + the shopping centre is brilliant.

but sometimes the guests aren't great enough to make the travel from home to the Event especially for non-UK residents.

we don't complain (well for my part I don't) but just post what I think about this subject topic.

*LYVIE*

Edited by LYVIE

I'm not really bothered to be honest. It's the experience that counts more for me and if I get to see a few guests then that's a plus side!! I always have fun no matter who the guests are. I'll deffo still be going! I can't wait! :thumbup:

Annie.

961069[/snapback]

Exactly! It's the atmosphere that counts. The guests are a bonus, but who cares who's there when you can meet up with your friends and have a laugh!!!

Bring it on.... ^_^:chair: