Travel

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm not Crew... I'm just going for the weekend... I haven't figured out when I'm going up... Can't even remember what days the hotel is booked for (we're staying at the holiday inn by the airport, but I can drop you at G-mex)

I'll have School (i'm a trainee teacher) until Friday afternoon, so won't be heading up before then... and not sure what's happening about going back south yet...

If you have msn, my addy is Makawish20@aol.com so we can chat about this more!

Lizzi xxx

definately train from euston. I do the journey almost every other week anyway so it's not gonna seem too bad for me. At least I've got a comfy bed to fall into when i get there this time, instead of my not so comfy seat at the stretford end

I'll be travelling all of 5 minutes by bus!

Ho, Ho, Ho!

An event that it doesn't take me 3 hours to get to. HOORAY!!!

905054[/snapback]

Oh BOO HOO ! Such hardship ! ^_^

You wanna try needing three days off work to spend one day at a show ..... if you want to do something enough, you'll find a way !

by flying :) and then train.

basicly and usualy i would come from Israel ( were i live ) BUT this time i'll be coming from

JAPAN - lets see any 1 top that <lol> 17 hours flight :blink:

Edited by Nili

This is my first time going to Manchester.. actually an event such as this.

I'm actually flying out from the States a day before the event. I can't shake the feeling of nerves.

I have tons of questions and don't know where to begin.

Does anyone know how far or roughly how much it'd cost to take a taxi coming from Manchester Airport to the Arora International Hotel? Also, how far is it from the hotel to GMex?

ANY information at all would greatly be of so much help!

*terrified*

-Apey

This is my first time going to Manchester.. actually an event such as this.

I'm actually flying out from the States a day before the event.  I can't shake the feeling of nerves.

I have tons of questions and don't know where to begin.

Does anyone know how far or roughly how much it'd cost to take a taxi coming from Manchester Airport to the Arora International Hotel? Also, how far is it from the hotel to GMex?

ANY information at all would greatly be of so much help!

*terrified*

-Apey

908775[/snapback]

Aw, just when I thought I was going to be the person travelling the farthest across the Atlantic. Booooo :lol:

Aw, just when I thought I was going to be the person travelling the farthest across the Atlantic.  Booooo :P

908778[/snapback]

It's actually three people who are coming in from that far. Foxybrownsgc on this forum is coming from the states, too.

About the Arora Hotel: I am pretty sure when feralmoggy comes on she will be able to offer more help. Going from the map, I'd say the hotel is between 10 and 15 minutes away from the G-Mex. Unfortunately I have no idea about taxi costs from the airport.

A German site says the taxi costs from airport to Manchester City Centre are 14 pounds. So I imagine a ballpark figure would be 20.

It's actually three people who are coming in from that far. Foxybrownsgc on this forum is coming from the states, too.

908782[/snapback]

Well, at least I can say I'm the only Canadian, eh? Muwahahahahaha!!!! How aboot dat?

908782[/snapback]

Well, at least I can say I'm the only Canadian, eh? Muwahahahahaha!!!! How aboot dat?

908783[/snapback]

You definitely have a hand on that one. I think. :)

Aw, just when I thought I was going to be the person travelling the farthest across the Atlantic.  Booooo ^_^

908778[/snapback]

About the Arora Hotel: I am pretty sure when feralmoggy comes on she will be able to offer more help. Going from the map, I'd say the hotel is between 10 and 15 minutes away from the G-Mex. Unfortunately I have no idea about taxi costs from the airport.

A German site says the taxi costs from airport to Manchester City Centre are 14 pounds. So I imagine a ballpark figure would be 20.

908782[/snapback]

*Poof* You called :unsure:

I've just had a look at the website and I know where the Arora is! It's about 5 mins walk from G-Mex unless you have really short legs.

As for getting there from the airport you have 2 options: train or taxi. Taxi ride from the train station will be about £5 on top of the £5 (can't remember precise figures right now) so you might as well get a taxi from the airport which will prolly be closer to £20 than the £14 that QS mentioned. Unfortunately there aren't any taxi share facilities in Manchester.

Don't worry if you're travelling by yourself. I went to a con in the Netherlands recently and people were so friendly and helpful I'd do it again in a blink.

If you have any questions they should be covered by the FaQ section but if they're not just holler. Worst case scenario I'll have to walk the streets of Manchester to answer them but not in a streetwalker sort of way :rolleyes:

*Poof* You called  :D

I've just had a look at the website and I know where the Arora is! It's about 5 mins walk from G-Mex unless you have really short legs.

As for getting there from the airport you have 2 options: train or taxi. Taxi ride from the train station will be about £5 on top of the £5 (can't remember precise figures right now) so you might as well get a taxi from the airport which will prolly be closer to £20 than the £14 that QS mentioned. Unfortunately there aren't any taxi share facilities in Manchester.

Don't worry if you're travelling by yourself. I went to a con in the Netherlands recently and people were so friendly and helpful I'd do it again in a blink.

If you have any questions they should be covered by the FaQ section but if they're not just holler. Worst case scenario I'll have to walk the streets of Manchester to answer them but not in a streetwalker sort of way :blink:

908982[/snapback]

Thank you sooo much. Was a huge help. I appreciate it. Actually, as hotel goes, looks like the Arora was quite booked. So now, we're staying at Jurvy's Inn. From the map it looks as if it's close by too? Am I correct?

I'm a bit new at this, so sorry in advance, but what do you mean there aren't any taxi share facilities in Manchester? Just curious?

As for this whole trip, I'd really like to meet a few people and be able to keep in touch with. Never hurts right?

*Poof* You called  :D

If you have any questions they should be covered by the FaQ section but if they're not just holler. Worst case scenario I'll have to walk the streets of Manchester to answer them but not in a streetwalker sort of way :blink:

908982[/snapback]

Thank you sooo much. Was a huge help. I appreciate it. Actually, as hotel goes, looks like the Arora was quite booked. So now, we're staying at Jurvy's Inn. From the map it looks as if it's close by too? Am I correct?

I'm a bit new at this, so sorry in advance, but what do you mean there aren't any taxi share facilities in Manchester? Just curious?

As for this whole trip, I'd really like to meet a few people and be able to keep in touch with. Never hurts right?

909043[/snapback]

I think the Jurys Inn is even closer than the Arora (oh that looked so nice if I didn't live in Manchester I'd stay there but I didn't check the prices).

Some countries have a scheme where if two people are going in the same direction then they can share a taxi but this isn't the case in the UK. We have black cabs/hackney cabs (like the ones you see in films about London) which you can hail in the street. If you can't find one go to a taxi rank and you can wait for one to turn up. In the evenings there are taxi 'marshalls' who make sure people don't queue jump. Otherwise we have minicabs which are privately owned and need to be prebooked by telephone. The taxi rank at Manchester Airport Terminal 1 is out the exit and turn left but should be clearly signposted. If not just ask someone ... I found the dumb tourist act worked very well providing I smiled oh and make you accent really obvious.

Never hurts at all to get to know people before you come but your at an advantage to me as you already speak the language whereas in the Netherlands I didn't know anything but please and thankyou but I'm so grateful so many people spoke English.