Theories and speculation...

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

I'm starting 2 theory threads in an attempt to cut down on spoilers for those who haven't seen everything yet.

This thread is JUST for ideas based on the episodes that have aired on channel 4 and E4 so far. For those of you who have seen the whole of season 1 which has now finished airing in the US there's another thread, so you can "spoiler" away to your hearts content!

Andrea

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, I think it's some kind of Jurassic park type island and there's a bunch of mad scientists creating monsters that'll take over the earth. No idea what the invisible creature is, or what it's capable of since we haven't actually seen what happened to the pilot of the plane - just the characters' reactions to it.

Also, the polar bear confused me, too. partly because (I swear this is true) I'm sure I read somewhere that polar bears' fur is transparent (ie. very thin) and they only look white in the arctic cos they "reflect" the snowy environment. If this is the case, the bear they found should either have been pink (blood vessels showing through the skin) or green - reflecting its environment. No, seriously..

Hmmm....

Anyhoo...we shall see :rolleyes:

I still think its some kind of Bermuda triangle type place which is why no search parties have arrived because wherever they are is off radar.

We have to remember that the writers have said that everything that will happen in future episodes is feasible and could happen in the 'real' world.

So enough already with the penguin theories! :D:P

OOOMMMGG!!!!

Well after last weeks E4 episode about John...my Hubby had to catch up with me, and I said 'yeah it was great that he actually had false legs and could do all that' well he nearl;y wet his pants and called me stupid etc, cos he said he didn't have false legs and was crippled but something to do with the crash made him be able to walk again.....

I didn't think my idea was stupid at all though.....was it?

I thought he had false legs from the knees down.... :rolleyes:

Well it's gotta be that they were the new cast for the newest Jurrasic Park movie and well they ran out of money so at the last minute decided to dump the entire cast on an unchartered island that used to be Noah's Island (watch the sunday morning cartoon when I was little) reason for the polar bear (Noah was a polar bear) and see what improvisational skills they really had! lol!

Unless it's ridiculously wild speculation I don't really like trying to guess how the series is going to go, just be taken along for the ride lol!

Well it's gotta be that they were the new cast for the newest Jurrasic Park movie and well they ran out of money so at the last minute decided to dump the entire cast on an unchartered island that used to be Noah's Island (watch the sunday morning cartoon when I was little) reason for the polar bear (Noah was a polar bear) and see what improvisational skills they really had! lol!

Hahahhahahhaha :huh:

Hahahhahahhaha :D

851586[/snapback]

I bet I'm right! XD lol

Loving the show, ain't got a clue whats going on, but then as the shows cast and crew never knew from 1 episode to the next, I'm not losing sleep over it.

My only concern is that the ending might be crap, eg Pam Ewings dream...

I do think Dom makes a very convincing drug addict, lol.

Some possibilities:

- They all died in the crash and they are stuck in a sort of limbo / purgatory

- The government have hatched an evil plan to see how people cope after a disaster and are monitoring from a far

- An evil TV mogul want to boost the rating for a new reality TV show and take it just that little bit too far

- There was another Jurassic Park Island, or another Land that Time Forgot

Im trying to get my head round the situation with Jacks dad!!! How weird is that? I thought the hallucinations (or are they?) that Jack was having was very 'Twin Peaks' and then the body missing situation??? How odd??

Im confused :P Anyone care to offer a theory?

Im trying to get my head round the situation with Jacks dad!!! How weird is that? I thought the hallucinations (or are they?) that Jack was having was very 'Twin Peaks' and then the body missing situation??? How odd??

Im confused :wub: Anyone care to offer a theory?

853621[/snapback]

Erm the animals could have run off with his body?

I don't like the idea of them all being in purgatory. I think it's the more obvious of the theories, but I do hope it's something else completely different.

I loved the White Rabbit epsisode. I had guessed the figure Jack was seeing was his father, but I admit I was pretty surprised he found the body was missing...the plot thickens

Edited by Strider

I don't like the idea of them all being in purgatory. I think it's the more obvious of the theories, but I do hope it's something else completely different.

I loved the White Rabbit epsisode. I had guessed the figure Jack was seeing was his father, but I admit I was pretty surprised he found the body was missing...the plot thickens

854926[/snapback]

im not keen on that theory either. i would find the whole thing kind of pointless. i think its more to do with working out stuff. getting through thei problems because they have been made to face them sort of thing.

=x=

wooohooo fast reply box!! ;):D

I like the whole theory about them being dead and in some parallel afterlife thingy, it would make sense that locke could suddenly walk.. but then how do you explain that some of them are dead... like not there dead. like the ones in the fuselage! surely they would all be there!?

I think there is some kind of big dinosaur type thing there.. cuz like the trees... and the pilot... scary!!! :P

I'm interested to see what the power source is for the mayday thats been running for 16 years supposedly! i dunno why but that creeped me out more than anything else ive seen on there yet!!! :D

wooohooo fast reply box!! :wub::P

I like the whole theory about them being dead and in some parallel afterlife thingy, it would make sense that locke could suddenly walk.. but then how do you explain that some of them are dead... like not there dead. like the ones in the fuselage! surely they would all be there!?

855277[/snapback]

Oooh, good point! :lol: Back to the drawing board...