Should Val Kilmer be invited a 3rd time?

nicky

SHould SM bother asking him again??  

101 members have voted

1. 1. SHould SM bother asking him again??

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if he has a contract

i thought in their post that SM said they would not be dealing with him again

Yes, that is what they said. They will not invite him again.

So even if this poll was a landslide win for yes - something I highly doubt anyway :lol: - that won't change things.

I said yes, because despite him not turning up at LFCC3 and dissapointing a lot of people there will always be those who want to meet him - especially any people new to SM events who havent heard about all this kerfuffle.

Is that really why he didn't turn up? I read the other topics and the bit that said there was a stalker there who was removed but was that really the reason he didn't turn up?

I said yes, because despite him not turning up at LFCC3 and dissapointing a lot of people there will always be those who want to meet him - especially any people new to SM events who havent heard about all this kerfuffle.

apparantly he has done this before aswell. so LFACC was his chance to redeem himself .. but didnt ;):blink:

there's no point inviting him, if he's not gonna turn up :blink::huh:

• Showmasters Admin
Sadly, it has become clear that Val's manager Bob cannot control Val's schedule or guarantee his appearance at a show he has committed to, and we will not be asking Val to attend any of our future shows.

FROM HERE

Edited by Too Tall

He cancelled LFCC1 due to promotional commitments for Spartan and LFCC3 due to a stalking issue...should SM bother a 3rd time or not bother...?

The man's his own worst enemy when it comes to fans!

Better off without him as he considers himself above events such as these anyway. He has regularly cancelled American convention commitments according to various movie related publications.

Perhaps he can send us one of his nose hairs or something!? :rolleyes: Just to satisfy the real fanatics! ;)

Working? In LA? Don't be daft :blink:

lol only kidding luv - but yes, even if Showmasters hadn't have stated they would not be dealing with him again, I think they'd rather use the money towards a more reliable guest or other cause at the conventions.

• 3 weeks later...

He has been cool enough to reply to TTM requests very well but after all the letdowns I dont think its a good idea to try him again.

People proabably wouldnt expect him to turn up anyway.

Concentrate on getting someone better who may actually turn up. :lol:

I said yes but only a water tight contract, I think it is very unfair to people when he lets everyone down like he has done over and over again!

End of the day Jo Bloggs will just blame SM for it all which is totally unfair! They do a cracking job (although you have to question one or two guests! Blake 7 or Dirty Den anyone?)

And have always turned things around I mean Ron Pearlman cancelled but they said they would work with him again and what happened next LFCC he is there! Now you can't beat that!

I said yes but only a water tight contract, I think it is very unfair to people when he lets everyone down like he has done over and over again!

Even a watertight contract cannot guarantee an appearance! After all If a guest has a valid reason not to, (even if they don't have a reason at all) they can't be forced to attend! The only recourse would be to sue a guest for breaking a contract but how many businesses could afford to spend the time and money persuing that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...