Where are all the 'NEW' guests

Fry

Other events in the UK are more than able to get high quality guests.

Any possible reasons as to why Showmasters seem to struggle in this department are up for debate.

Everyone knows the type of guests who in the past have appeared at the "other event" and at the N E C.

They were high quality guests. . Madsen, Carradine, Robert Patrick, Hagman, Nimoy, Lazenby.

It makes me wonder who Showmasters were going after when other organisers were getting signed contracts from these people.

So do you work for these 'other events', by any chance?

I don't go to the ones you're referring to.... can anyone confirm if these guests mention by LC were at the SAME event*?

*By same event, I mean on teh same day at the same location!

Madsen and Carradine were at the same show the same week end.

Hagman and Patrick, too. And from what I remember, Hagman was not busy at all. Patrick was busy Saturday, but his queue was almost dead Sunday.

Nimoy and Lazenby do not cross over.

Oh, and chris_mk: I started to wonder if laughing cavalier works for one of these other shows already a while ago. Glad it's not only me.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin
Other events in the UK are more than able to get high quality guests.

Any possible reasons as to why Showmasters seem to struggle in this department are up for debate.

Everyone knows the type of guests who in the past have appeared at the "other event"

They were high quality guests. . Madsen, Carradine, Robert Patrick, Hagman, Nimoy, Lazenby.

It makes me wonder who Showmasters were going after when other organisers were getting signed contracts from these people.

And what about SM.....

Elijah Wood

Carrie Fisher

Bert Reynolds

John Rys Davis

Sean Astin

Bernard Hill

Ron Pearlman

Micheal Biehn

And that's without including the great TV series guests they've had in the past.

• Showmasters Admin
Oh, and chris_mk: I started to wonder if laughing cavalier works for one of these other shows already a while ago. Glad it's not only me.

I don't think shows employ bears :headscratch:

I don't think shows employ bears :lol:

Controversy rains with that one statement

... as does confusion.... :headscratch:

small guests have there uses and i have found can be better to talk to and you do get a chance to talk to them, bigger guests need to keep the line moving, i have seen first hand how ugly things can turn when someone is perceaved as holding up the line by talking to the guest

agree totally you always get your moneys worth with the smaller guests! They have more time to chat and often have some very interests storys from there days on set!

QUOTE (Laughing Cavalier @ Jul 22 2005, 10:31 PM)

Shatner has always had other work and is currently enjoying a huge career rennaisance 

Yes Im sure a breakfast cereal advert must be the high point of his career....

I think they were referring to his role in the hit us tv show boston legal! Which is currently being shown on living tv over here and is well worth checking out!

Not to mention his appearances in both Miss Congeniality films with Sandra Bullock.

He was actually rather good in the first one and almost sent himself up.

I also forgot to mention his recent CD with Ben Folds. To all those people who for decades have mocked Shatner's attempts at singing, I suggest everyone should listen to his cover of Pulp's Common People.

He also recently won a Golden Globe for Botson Legal. So either he can actually act, or they'll just vote for anyone over there. :headscratch:

I feel I have to point out that the 'singing' you refer to, on 'Common People', was NOT William Shatner. Instead that was Joe Jackson. The spoken word element was Shatner, the singing was Joe Jackson (the part that goes 'And she just smiled and held my hand....' etc.). The album you refer to is not nearly as bad as you might expect (I don't say it's 'great', but it's nowhere near as bad as it could have been).

To be fair to Shatner, I think he is pragmatic about having made one or two mistakes in the past, and he is also now a little more realistic about his skills. No he is not the greatest actor in the world; but there are worse actors out there (and after all, Shatner has won an Emmy for Boston Legal).

I for one would be delighted to meet William Shatner :lol:

Edited by MikeDonovan

I went to the show Hagman was at and didnt see anyone go up to him at all - he looked really bored

Just goes to show that its not just the big names people want

Depends whether you consider Larry Hagman to be a big name.

However, as I've often pointed out, I imagine it's soul destroying so sit around all day, with no-one coming up to you, while you watch the huge queues for people you've worked with in the past. For example, think about the Huge Queues for Gil Gerard and Erin Gray, whereas poor old Dr Huey's Queue is going to be somewhat smaller I reckon. Must be gutting.

And what about SM.....

Elijah Wood

Carrie Fisher

Bert Reynolds

John Rys Davis

Sean Astin

Bernard Hill

Ron Pearlman

Micheal Biehn

and not forgeetting kristanna loken who was red hot at the time off t3!!

also in sms dedfence they do tend to get a lot of uk firstime signers!

In my opinion, I attend CM events because it has given me so much, friendship, inspiration and i have met all my heros, i come to see old faces and meet new. i agree there is a lot of time to go before the event, more popular guests who have commitments take longer to get a contract signed and usually it becomes a last minute scramble....

i think you should consider the huge amount of work SM put in, the running around and it doesnt end after they get a great guest, they have to marshal the event also and ensure there arent any problems... all in all i think Sm do an amazing job and give them thier due! They are probably working thier butts off right now while you're sat in your 9-5 or watching TV! they dont stop... they work all the hours god sends... and its nothing to do with money its for the LOVE of the event (They are fans too)

So as someone said... 10 weeks to go... lets not bitch! and be thankful that SM have given us so many amazing events and many more are to come.

huggles

Andrea xx

• Showmasters Admin
what event is that, I dont want to miss a big SW guest

Obiton

...it's an event that can't be mentioned on this forum, because of the forum rules. :lol:

Correct :unsure:

*waves his forum mod whip at possible rule breakers*

Obiton

...it's an event that can't be mentioned on this forum, because of the forum rules. :lol:

Correct :lol:

I would have linked the rules too, but you're much quicker at that, than I am! :unsure:

• Showmasters Admin

Obiton

Correct :lol:

I would have linked the rules too, but you're much quicker at that, than I am! :unsure:

You mean like this....

Unfortunately we can not allow advertising for other events or businesses (blatant or otherwise!). This includes fan sites with links to other events or businesses, unless you have prior permission from Showmasters. Posts containing links or references to other events will be edited or deleted, and the same goes for signatures. If you are unsure you can contact one of the moderators or Showmasters themselves.

Being HERE :D

• Showmasters Admin
I saying what I said ok, or do you want it edited a bit TT?? :unsure:

Talking about generics is fine, my rule of thumb is as long as you've not included information that means someone else that doesn't know about the other event could find it, it's fine.

Edited by Too Tall

I don't think shows employ bears :lol:

Controversy rains with that one statement

:unsure:

i do think its a bit mad you cant name other events, surely the powers that be realise people dont just stick to SM events, it is a free world after all.

I go to Collectables and Collectormania and enjoy both equally.

Obiton

You see what happens when you typed the other word though. Trouble is the others have not got any guests for us to discuss either :(

i do think its a bit mad you cant name other events, surely the powers that be realise people dont just stick to SM events, it is a free world after all.

Obiton

I guess it's just the case that they don't see why they should allow other events to be advertised for free on their forum... much the same that on the other forums, you're not allowed to mention Collectormania/Comic Con.