Where are all the 'NEW' guests

Fry

• Moderators

It's as simple as ya don't see Coca Cola advertising Pepsi, and you're highly unlikely to get a Big Mac advert in ur local Burger King ;) it's just business ..

I swear some people complain about lack of guest announcements like they think Showmasters don't KNOW we want guests :(

At least this event has some guests :unsure:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's as simple as ya don't see Coca Cola advertising Pepsi, and you're highly unlikely to get a Big Mac advert in ur local Burger King ;) it's just business ..

I swear some people complain about lack of guest announcements like they think Showmasters don't KNOW we want guests :(

At least this event has some guests :unsure:

Hell thats true!

The line up for some of the others its ridiculous, The mid august one has the smallest they have had in years and the October one is still giving people the run around about the first announcements.

To be truthful the only ones im interested in at the mo are CM8 for Davi,Helfer & Englund and the Sheffield one for the SW guys.

• Showmasters Admin

Also the guys are right. SM do know that other events are out there and that people do go to more than one. But they still don't want them to be advertised on here.

It's why I said talking about other shows generally is fine, you just can't specify them.

Dude I have a LOT of faith in the guy running that show. Im just interested to see where he goes with it all :lol:

I'm guessing this isn't being run by the same organiser who did the last CL event?

I just can't see him (CL) wanting to sit at an event, signing auto's all day?

Dude I have a LOT of faith in the guy running that show. Im just interested to see where he goes with it all  :lol:

I'm guessing this isn't being run by the same organiser who did the last CL event?

I just can't see him (CL) wanting to sit at an event, signing auto's all day?

I can see him doing 1 more and I will be there

It seems to me that C8 is really pushing the boundaries of 'scraping the barrel', so to speak.

Lets review shall we.......

1) Out of all the guests (or 16 of them I should say), really only one of them is currently doing anything on our screens and that’s Tricia Helfer.

2) Buck Rogers is over 20 years old, meaning most of the people on here probably don’t remember it or actually don’t really care. Plus most of the cast have don’t shows her anyway, albeit not recently.

3) The Buffy/Angel guests.....Well, all you can say is Kelly Donovan. Nic's real life bro who looks more like Xander than Nic does! He was in one episode! That’s all, just one.

Andy Hallett has done so many shows, he has been nicknamed the 'Show Whore'.

4) Lee Majors...Poor ol Lee Majors. He's been around since the dawn of time and that’s also the last time one of his shows was popular. He doesn’t possess the iconic stature that, say Burt Reynolds does, he's more of an after thought you would use to fill up tables.

5) About 50% of the guests have already done Showmasters shows. Mainly the Collectormania shows, so why keep bringing them back. Oh, how silly of me; Money!

So far to me, this is turning out to be a pretty poor show with nothing new to offer. It seems the rumors around about SM losing money on their LFACC could be true and maybe they are trying to keep with 'safe bets' in the way of reusable guests or aiming for a mature audience who has money to spend. Sorry kiddies, the adults win this one!

By the way, I wondering if SM have a mission statement regarding the Collectormania shows?

If ur not Happy them simply dont come, but stop ur whinging as some people actually like the guests!!!

So if YOU didn't like the guests, you would just sit back and NOT come ? BULLs*** !! You would at least suggest people you did want, if not "moan" about the existing guests.

The flock of sheep mentality on this board really pisses me off ! God forbid someone would express an original opinion and be left in peace :lol: We are all entitled to want to come to events, and to WANT things / guests that we are interested in ! :lol:

So if YOU didn't like the guests, you would just sit back and NOT come ? BULLs*** !! You would at least suggest people you did want, if not "moan" about the existing guests.

The flock of sheep mentality on this board really pisses me off ! God forbid someone would express an original opinion and be left in peace ^_^ We are all entitled to want to come to events, and to WANT things / guests that we are interested in ! :lol:

Suggesting guests... cool, go for it

Bitching like a whiny **** about guests named so far.... boring, dull, dumb, self centred, tw4tish, give it a rest.

. boring, dull, dumb, self centred, tw4tish

bit like dis-respecting other people's opinions !

sorry, but slagging off guests for being too old or whatever, is not a repsctful opinion... if they just said 'I'm not interested in them', I wouldn't be having a pop back at them! When it comes down to it.. if you don't LIKE LEe majors, as has been pointed out, don't go and see him! It's that easy, slagging him off on here isn't going to stop him coming.. it's not going to stop people from getting his auto.. it's designed solely to annoy people... like me.

• Moderators

I must admit that it IS the way that some "opinions" are put across that gets me annoyed.

I mean, seriously for a SECOND does anyone REALLY think that Showmasters don't KNOW what kinda big guests are in demand? Would they really be in this business if they didn't know how to run a successful show? I don't think so. I doubt we would have got 7 Collectormania events and an expansion to LFACC as well if they weren't aware of how to run things. I think a stellar line up at LFACC2 yet a financial failure proved that things aren't always as easy as they seem!

Guest suggestions are fine, and certainly welcome and no doubt helpful in some cases, but slagging off the guest list and saying OH COME ON SHOWMASTERS YOU CAN DO BETTER!! doesn't really help at all does it? And ASKING for guest announcements saying WE HAVEN'T HAD ANY IN AGES blah blah ... we all know that THEY want to get guests for their own shows! Patience is very hard tho, I understand that! lol

If they COULD get A-Listers all the time then no doubt they would! But it seems like some people believe the buck stops with Showmasters and they are the ones to blame. They don't take into account the availability of the guests, or the pricing etc.

I may be viewed as a "sheep" but I just try to look at things in a more realistic way than some others do ... you know, the ones that would rather come over as ignorant arseholes who just come here to cause trouble and slag everything off and really have NO intention of contributing anything positive or productive! And yeah, a lot of people DO help as much as they can, I'm not saying people DON'T but .. sometimes it's just very petty and annoying :huh:

..... this is DavidB, reporting for showmasters .... firmly on the fence ! :D

You SO have an spam full of splinters dave ! I realise some people come across on here as unproductive, even counterproductive, but this is borne of frustration from lack of announcements, and announcements that they don't care about. Perfctly understandable.

HOWEVER ! As I already said, there is an overbearing "sheep" mentality on here were we all love each other and the same things, and the world is lovely ..... not so people !

It's obvious that SMs know WHO we want them, and probably WHEN as well, but Jason is sunning his ass in LA and this board has been big time stagnant since .... well .... before C7 if we're honest ! Is him passing five minutes in an internet cafe over there announceing ONE guest to keep us interested TOO much to ask ? I don't think so !

Yes, I hate the snobbery that disses OLDER guest (I have posted at length, possibly in this very thread) but those frustrated by no and poor guest announcements have points as valid as the hormone driven Nicholas Brendon fan club ! SMs set themselves a bench mark at L2, and (regardless of blame) they have failed to retain that standard in the last three shows - Carrie and BDW being the exceptions.

When did we last have the pre-announcement buzz on the forum, with "Friday at 7.00pm" pinned at the top ?? I will tell you - it was Friday the 13th May. I remember it very clearly - I was using a web payphone on my way to see Queen and Paul Rodgers to check the announcements - Xander Berkley and Sarah Clarke ok, but a Blake's Seven Reunion and "Val Kilmer might be there for a few hours" ??? And we all know how THAT played out ! Even that was a last ditch attempt at L3 before they took to just announcing the usual suspects when they had to fall back on them. They hyped C7 announcements for over a week and what did we get ?? Mayhew, Prowse, Baker, and "man inside Dalek" ... the one with the double barrel name ?

If it wasn't for the groundwork of The Beatles and The Stones, there would be no Coldplay or Oasis. Without Lee Majors, Adam West and the Buck Rogers people, there would similarly be no BSG, A-Team, Buffy or Star Trek .... at least not as we know them (Captain B):wub: ). At least Lee Majors covers several programmes. The one trick ponies like Nicholas Brendon and James Marsters will only ever be known for that one role, and will forever be a fiver dearer than every other guest !

So yes, "old" guests are valid, but so are the opinions of those who dilike these, or any guest. Around C4 and 5, when we had wall to wall LOTR, I was repeatedly hung out to dry by the popular majority because I dared to voice my frustration at SMs obsession with guests from THAT franchise. We have different opinions in live, so we have different opinions on here .... deal with it !

You say if someone doesn't like the guests then "don't go" ??

If YOU don't like that person excercising freedom of speech, DON'T READ IT !!

Why do I have the feeling to read the same things over and over again ? :D

Oops... I should have followed this advice :P

If YOU don't like that person excercising freedom of speech, DON'T READ IT !!

:wub: exactly the purile attitude that keeps this particular itch scratched to the point of bleeding B)

It's obvious that SMs know WHO we want them, and probably WHEN as well, but Jason is sunning his ass in LA and this board has been big time stagnant since .... well .... before C7 if we're honest ! Is him passing five minutes in an internet cafe over there announceing ONE guest to keep us interested TOO much to ask ? I don't think so !

Are you really that ignorant? They can't announce a guest until they have one signed... it's REALLY THAT SIMPLE. Otherwise you end up with a problem like the whole James Masters thing. As for Jason (only one part of the SM team), firstly, if he wants a holiday, he can have one.. secondly, where do you think a lot of the stars live?!?!?!?! You don't think it makes sense for him to be staying in a city where the stars and their agents are?

As for opinions, as I've said, I've no problem with people telling SM who they'd like to see... but if someone doesn't want to see Lee majors, what is the point of coming on here to slag him off and bitch about him? It serves no point other than to cause trouble... and it's the trouble makers like this, who I have 'issues' with.

Sigh !

It only causes "problems" because PEOPLE object to OTHER PEOPLE expressing opinions. Isn't this what a FORUM is for ? Of course they can't announce unconfirmed guests. I also understand that a lot of guests are US based. I am not thick !

Jason has already said in "General Chat" (nice man with an army background :lol: ) that they already have some "great names". So why can't he just announce even one of them, to keep us interested or at least tell us a date when he will ? I have no problem with ANYONE taking a holiday, especially if it reaps great guests, but his "lovely sunny weather, missing you all" type posts are adding to the problem in some ways !

I also know that Jason is "only one" of them - I trust the others are working from the UK on guests and other parts of the show - not all great guests are handsome, California based thirty somethings !