• Earls Court
    • Wembley
    • NEC
    • Other

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Andy (Mark SM's dad the one with the microphnes for all the talks!) said it perfectly at the Stargate talk at C7, to take collectormania out f the shopping centre is to take away what collectormania is!!! (it was something along thse lines anyway! :)

I lve it being in the shopping centre, although it can get a bit crowded, if you need anything or get bored! (did i just say that! :P) There is always something to do!

There is always something to do!

That's so true! If you have a while to wait when you are waiting your turn for your virtual queue ticket number to be called then there are plenty of shops to choose from as well as the dealer tables :o

milton keynes is collectormania & collectormania is milton keynes the two are one

jason

Absolutely Jason,

There is no need to move it all, the looks on shoppers faces as they stand and gawp, the maze that is the dealers section, the shouts of 'Can you keep the walkway clear' from Matt, the human dodgems as you avoid shoppers while getting a guest a cuppa, Daleks and people in costume walking up and down the John Lewis wings, The queues of people that have been outside since in some cases before the crack of dawn!!!!

Its all part of the charm of Collectormania

Edited by Harry

I have a few things to say.

1) I really want to glomp Charisma for her Harry Potter Triwizard champions icon

2) I love MK centre for my its easier to get to as I live in Blackpool and basically I just drive into MK through some roundabouts. There's my hotel, there's the con and I'm happy

3) I love having photos with all the common folk (shoppers)

4) I also love scaring all the small children, and sometimes adults whilst in costume. You'll notice how much I love to terrorise shoppers at C8

5) To take CM out of MK is to make it like every other event.

• Moderators

It's not a problem cuz at the end of the day people come for the line-up, not for the venue, and I think the majority will still attend regardless of their feelings about the venue! They're not gonna move it just for a couple of people.

It's not a problem cuz at the end of the day people come for the line-up, not for the venue, and I think the majority will still attend regardless of their feelings about the venue! They're not gonna move it just for a couple of people.

i totally agree also!

If we have this discussion every time, as someone stated

it sounds to me like there must be a problem.

There would be a problem where ever it was held. There's always someone who is onconvenienced by it. If the number of attendees suddenly drops, I'm sure SM will consider changing it, but as it stands, it's probably the busiest event in the UK.

I voted MK cause its where its always been and should stay. As many say "its the home of Collectormania". Its central enough for most people to attend. i hear some people travel further than people in the north. One guy i met this year was from AUSTRALIA :o

Though MK is really far from me I don't think it should be moved. It's established there. Yes the shoppers are annoying but it's part of the whole experience. I like the fact we can go off and shop or what ever if we get bored. I like the atmospehere.

I live up North, but I love Milton Keynes :wub:

I think it is the most unique town in the country. I don't just go to Collectormania for the guests I go because I love the event. I don't have a problem with Shopping Centre. Infact its very convinient being able to go to the shops if you want and plenty of places to eat in there too.

Don't change from the MK Centre, its great!